Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    For some reason I've never liked playing destro in pve, always affliction or demo. Destro just does not seem warlock enough for me I'd rather play a fire mage in that case.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 07:04 PM ----------

Funny, I thought the point was to kill the boss, get loot, and proceed to down the next boss not compete among dps'ers.
    I don't know about you but I hate the feeling of being carried. If there are 5 dps in a 10 man and everyone is doing way more dps than I am, I feel like shit. It's not about winning or competing, it's about pulling your own weight. It might just be me, but doing 3-5k dps less than everyone else even if I am in better gear, and knowing that I did everything as close to perfect as I can, is really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by soradakey View Post
    I don't know about you but I hate the feeling of being carried. If there are 5 dps in a 10 man and everyone is doing way more dps than I am, I feel like shit. It's not about winning or competing, it's about pulling your own weight. It might just be me, but doing 3-5k dps less than everyone else even if I am in better gear, and knowing that I did everything as close to perfect as I can, is really depressing.
    What this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Wait what? Afflic drain still exists? Was certain a nerf (Damage reduction by 25%) from previous hotfixes in a previous patch had killed it off leaving only afflic bolt spec viable?
    I'd love to know this as well.

And great sig, Ergo Proxy was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    It's a bit behind demo and aff in most fights, but if you like it you can still do great dps with it.
    Thank you! someone with good senses.

I'm stubbornly playing destro, as what i can say for myself is: Do i end boss fights as top dps? nop, my fellow mage and druid often do. Do i care that much? nop, cause im still pulling above 24k dps on a boss fight and im a trustworthy raid member.

And despite the fact that demo and affli might be a little bit ahead in charts, im pulling these numbers without being hit capped, and sacrificing a lot of haste for the hit rating i have as of now. I assume ill be a lot better once i have hit from gear enough to be capped without resolting to reforging, then reforging all "useless" stats into haste. ^^