Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    From the quote there i can see:
    -You can play offline. But that character will never be able to go into online multiplayer.
    -Only if you start a new character from scratch online (solo or not) that you will be able to use multiplayer features like Auction House, Archievements or Arena.

The difference is basicly this: When you go online you play with a character on Blizzard servers and it's saved in the cloud, not on your computer. Any character you start while offline will be stored on your local computer and you will never be able to take it online. You can however eventually use that offline character to cheat, use mods or edit inventory like you do in D2. This will never happen in online mode obviously.

So it is essentially like WoW but with a built-in private server.
    Last edited by mmoc7e31dcdb97; 2011-08-01 at 12:24 PM.

I like that the restrictions is only for people that pay for it, whereas you can just pirate it and have even more freedom, something wrong about that. Sucks for anyone that travels and doesn't always have internet. "Oh I can't play my game because I am on vacation and have no wifi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Might I ask, WHY is this bad that you need constant Internet connection...?
    Offline = easier to hack it, is this what u want....?
    Becos if you dont want to play online at all why should you be forced to? for a fact theres loads of people that want to play games when they arent home and usaly they dont have a internet connection at those areas also that Diablo 2 was huge to play on Lan and still are to this day.

Also if you think that its easier to crack it if its offline it wont matter at all hackers just takes it as a new challange there will be a crack out for Diablo 3 befor its been out for 3 days no DRM is crack free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I might as well give up on the game then. Since I have massive number of interruptions on my connection.

My ISP is great for speed (120 Mbit), but it's just our house that apparently has issues since the last speed upgrade. Even went through different modems and routers, no use.
    They even send us a letter saying they found a problem at their side, but they still haven't fixed it. It's been like this for almost a year.

And they never take you serious... "Did you reset your modem/router?", sigh.

Thanks Blizzard, you just ruined my expectations. Now all I can hope for is my ISP fixing it soon.
    It's kind of like a Blizzard rep asking if you tried deleting your cache folder /facepalm. I like this idea though, I think it's great. It's not Blizzards fault if you have a shitty internet connection, and honestly.. it's 2011 people.. get some fuggin good internet. It's pretty lame it's not really single player sure but I've always wanted to have a single player experience then transfer it to multiplayer without having to restart.
    Last edited by Mutilate; 2011-08-01 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    After logging in once, to activate the game.
    You have to log in every couple days, sometimes even after restarting your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilate View Post
    It's kind of like a Blizzard rep asking if you tried deleting your cache folder /facepalm. I like this idea though, I think it's great. It's not Blizzards fault if you have a shitty internet connection, and honestly.. it's 2011 people.. get some fuggin good internet. It's pretty lame it's not really single player sure but I've always wanted to have a single player experience then transfer it to multiplayer without having to restart.
    they should have a system where you can use your cellphone to authenticate your game if you dont have internet access available. lots of people travel and like to play games to pass the time.

anyone who has used steam knows this is a bad idea

What If I don't care about online multyplayer? I just want to go through the campaign on my own and maybe play some lan co-op game. I can understand they want to prevent piracy and all, which is in truth, admirable, but... c'mon. They have already shown their auction house so I doubt they give a rat's ass about a minority pirating their game.

Seriously, Activision is turning Blizzard into something gruesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the same with CoD games and such?

Besides, I have an internet connection and would prefer having friends online on Bnet anyway.

You don't like this because you hacked before?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this because I like playing single player games at our cabin when there a week during winter, and some weeks over summer if the weather is horrible.
    A cabit that has no internet connection and barely has cellphone reception. That's where I want to play my single player games. Something I won't be able to if I have to be connected to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an example of one of the many reasons I have been turned away from PC gaming in recent years.

I'm glad, I think I'd be upset if I'd have none of my information whenever I switch computers (twice a week).

Even if it would let me download on more than one computer, doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

I don't understand why they can't just have online/multiplayer characters and offline single player characters. Who gives a flipping wackadoodle if people cheat on their offline characters.

Am i the only one who sees this as retarded. Not the need to be online to play singleplayer but this.

After logging in once, to activate the game.
    If you LOG IN that means you have internet so what the fuck is the point of playing online, i swear they have some of the dumbest idiots working for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    You cant play sc2 sp without an internet connection afaik.
    Lol...you must be new to the internet. :P

Starcraft can be played online perfectly...only difference is you can only play with others who also cracked it. But I don't really see an error in that since I don't really care who I'm playing against. I don't crack as often as I used to do, I buy 75% off the games I have. If I think it's worth the money, I don't mind paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Lol...you must be new to the internet. :P

Starcraft can be played online perfectly...only difference is you can only play with others who also cracked it. But I don't really see an error in that since I don't really care who I'm playing against. I don't crack as often as I used to do, I buy 75% off the games I have. If I think it's worth the money, I don't mind paying.
    More people will be cracking games if they keep this need 2 be online bullshit up. I dont see how they can figure it will cut down on the problems.

With this new cash shop I doubt I will ever log in to Battlenet. So meh, I'll just crack it if I don't just pirate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    With this new cash shop I doubt I will ever log in to Battlenet. So meh, I'll just crack it if I don't just pirate it.
    So since people will have the option to buy gear with money, WHICH they have been doing since the start of d2, your not gona log on?

I hated this feature with Star Craft 2... Now Diablo 3, too? Bah.

ok you need internet to make a battle.net account to even log in to the game so why are people complaining about have to use internet to play single player?