Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What kind of game is Diablo 3?

I played the first one when it came out and that was an RPG.I haven't played the second one and now im seeing that the 3rd one has an AH.So is it a RPG? an ORPG? A MMORPG? Because if its anything other then an ORPG or a MMORPG I really don't see why it needs an AH.

Not trolling or anything I honestly don't know....but now that im just about done I suppose I could have just typed "Diablo 3" into a search...it's still early.

hack and slash

It's not a game, it's a second job where you can earn money after you come home from a long day of work :3

Seriously though, you grind mobs, some mobs are harder than another, and you hope that your item drops. It's hard to explain, play Diablo 2.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    It's a hack & slash with co-op gameplay (online) with up to 3 friends and PvP up to 4 vs 4.

Deleted
    Hack and slash that's going to be epic fail. So dissapointed ...

As I understand it, it's like a Zynga facebook game, but instead of buying animlas and farm equipment with real life cash, you buy weapons and armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Don't think so, I still love it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    As I understand it, it's like a Zynga facebook game, but instead of buying animlas and farm equipment with real life cash, you buy weapons and armor.
    No, because in the facebook games it's Zynga (or whatever company) selling the items. In Diablo, it's just an auction house where players can list things for real money, like a built-in ebay.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hack 'n Slash RPG seen from bird perspective. Done.

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 12:42 PM ----------

Just like the previous game was an epic fail............ O wait!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's isometric action RPG kind of like Fallout 2 or Dungeon Siege, but I'd imagine Diablo 3 will be very fluid and combat should be awesome.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by aelador123 View Post
    I played the first one when it came out and that was an RPG.I haven't played the second one and now im seeing that the 3rd one has an AH.So is it a RPG? an ORPG? A MMORPG? Because if its anything other then an ORPG or a MMORPG I really don't see why it needs an AH.

Not trolling or anything I honestly don't know....but now that im just about done I suppose I could have just typed "Diablo 3" into a search...it's still early.
    The first one was also a hack 'n slash RPG. With no running, which was just stupid.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    What?

Diablo has always been a hack and slash game and you only discovered it now?

I think as a game it will be quite fun. Some of the other stuff associated outside of gameplay I'm not too sure about though.

A game where players will buy and sell things for real money, followed swiftly by Blizzard selling things directly to players.

/barf

It's money sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    No, because in the facebook games it's Zynga (or whatever company) selling the items. In Diablo, it's just an auction house where players can list things for real money, like a built-in ebay.
    Keep in mind Blizzard is still going to get a percentage of the item's selling price, and is going to charge listing fees.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Isometric view hack'n'slash game with extender multiplayer mode. Its not MMO.

Deleted
    You could try Torchlight to get a feel of what kind of game it is, or just Diablo II I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 2 is still the best example of the genre. All the others are just Diablo clones with prettier graphics and more forgiving mechanics.

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Keep in mind Blizzard is still going to get a percentage of the item's selling price, and is going to charge listing fees.
    Keep in mind that if your item doesn't sell, Blizzard refunds the listing price.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Flat fee. Not percentage.

And there are some free listings; it's designed to come into play for the people who use it a lot, or to discourage people from spamming the AH with 500 rusty swords.

That's all off-topic for this thread, though, and should really be continued in the AH-specific thread or the news post comments.