Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Razer Naga Mouse

Hey,

Recently my trusty G5 died, and i have heard rave reviews about the Naga, so i bit the bullet and bought the mouse...

It's different to say the least, I jumped in feet first and bound all my keys to the mouse along with modifiers and such, and it's taking some time to get used to the placement of all the buttons.

My Lock may be have the highest learning curve as it has a lot of buttons i use and i'd like access to the important ones...

Just wondering if other people use the mouse / if they like it / how they use it

It'll take you about 3 weeks before you get fully used to it. Try alt-number combos, that's what I do.

But other than that, best wow-related purchase ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I've been using one for about two years now and I love it. it took me a few hours to get used to it, but once I did it became insanely convenient, especially for my resto shammy but also for my tanking warrior main and for some dps alts I occasionally play
    also handy in other games like Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls etc. not so much in point and click adventures though :P

definitely a mouse I'd recommend

had mine for just over a year, it's awesome

took me about a month to get used to the buttons and about another 3 months to use it on all my toons as it took a bit of a UI jiggle to work out the best way to lay out the buttons.

5 stars

Deleted
    I'm quite happy with it too, took a while to get used to it, but now I can't play anything without it (I even change my weapons in some FPS with it)...it's just a great mouse.

Deleted
    i've use it for around a year now and I really cant live without it now. I also have Alt 1-12 naga keys bound. if you would like I could list which are which. Other wise not as it would just listing useless information to you :P

Hmmm currently i have alt 1-12 unbound as i have 2 healer alts and i like the self target modifier...

But as it stands i use 1-12, shift 1-12, ctrl 1-6, granted i've only had the mouse for a day, i suppose i was just really comfortable with my keyboard bindings.

Also, are you guys using 1234567890-=, or the numpad version? i found that i had some trouble binding when it was in the numpad mode...

I have had mine for about 3 months now and i just love it. Took a week or two for me to get use to it but now its just amazing once you learn it.
    I have to say its the most comfortable mouse i have had yet.
    I have bound the alt key to the scroll pushdown, and i have bound the shift key to the bottom left click button, the top left click i use for vent. So far i like this setup and with it i can use all my spells i need with just the mouse.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

15+ Year Old Account
    apparantly i'm the only one for whom the mouse is to small? My hand is over twice the size of that thing.. felt like moving a laptop mouse around.
    went with MMO mouse, which made me shape me hand into something strange and probably not healthy.

I love this mouse. Took a couple weeks to get use to it and now I can't live without it.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    Its a great mouse, one that I'd recommend to any WoW player! My suggestion for you is to organize your ingame UI in a way that allows you to see the mouse keybinds in the same order as they are in the mouse. That way you'll learn where each ability is, quicker! Here's an exemple:

15+ Year Old Account
    I picked one up about a year ago and love it! Took me about 3 weeks to get used to it though. I created a new actionbar with bartender and it became my 'naga bar' and after a few weeks playing around with it, I dont think I could ever go back. I find 9 and 12 a little odd to use since I have rather large hands but the other buttons are well in reach and comfort. I believe there is a naga mod now that gives you an action bar for it as well, if you dont use bartender you might want to look around for it, although I dont know the name of it.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostypwnd View Post
    Its a great mouse, one that I'd recommend to any WoW player! My suggestion for you is to organize your ingame UI in a way that allows you to see the mouse keybinds in the same order as they are in the mouse
    aye, I've got mine arranged similarly. I'd also advise using the num-pad mode so you can still use the keyboards numbers as well. personally I use the keyboard for cooldowns and macros with the mouse keys for normal rotation and ctrl modifier for situational abilities (stun, interrupt, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Few suggestions.

Download the driver for it and turn the LED's off. The mouse get's really warm after a while. Keeping the mouse cool will also help keep the gel nubs on the mouse keys, which is something you want to do as well.

Bind your spam spell to 5, and more used ones on 4, 6, 1, 8, 7 (these are easiest for me to reach, I have big hands, so it may be a little more comfortable for you as well). I love binding scroll wheel up/down and shift modifiers to it, as well as clicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Alright you guys have been very helpful! i'll deffinitely play with it tonight see if i can't get something i'm a bit more comfortable with, might have to change my ui around to fit the action bars if i have 'em naga style =X

Makes me sad that i got the Razer Imperator Really want a Naga

Deleted
    I just bought it today, and I must say it's already looking promising!
    It came with some stickers, or "trainers". Would you people advice me to put them on asap? Even though the manual said I should give it a few days.
    Appreciating all the tips and tricks also! Glad to see so many are happy with the mouse.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazziey View Post
    I just bought it today, and I must say it's already looking promising!
    It came with some stickers, or "trainers". Would you people advice me to put them on asap? Even though the manual said I should give it a few days.
    Appreciating all the tips and tricks also! Glad to see so many are happy with the mouse.

Keys 5 and 11. That way you can tell the difference from the top and the bottom. You have to note, that it WILL take you some time to figure it out, it's going to be extremely awkward trying to hit the 7-12 keys, but you'll get used to it. What I did was put my mount on 12 asap, just so my thumb would get used to going in that angle. Make sure you download the drivers and firmware for the mouse, as you'll get a option list to change the DPI and whatnot. Finally, be sure to use all the buttons, even the top two. You have 17 buttons of an advantage over people who don't have the mouse, so use em well. I used the top two buttons as focus target and auto-walk. I couldn't imagine playing any game, even SC2 without this baby.

My friend got the WoW mouse. He's tried to steal mine like three times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably my absolute favorite purchase for my computer setup. I've also recommended the mouse to multiple people, who bought it and love it too. It's as fast and responsive to the best gaming mouses out there, but its a lot more fitting to the MMO gamer. IMO it's the best gaming mouse out there, and for two years running.

Deleted
    Loving the Naga with my lock, we have so many spells that I have pretty much everything bound to 1-12, s1-s12 and a1-a12, I've had mine a while now and I shudder to think if it broke! I'm thinking of buying a backup one 'just in case'.

But yeah, get a Naga, they are awesome - I got one for my missus and it 'cured' her of being a clicker too! amazing.