Deleted

Help me design my RV03!

Hey guys

I am going to get a Raven RV03 in the future and I wanted to start designing so I can get some things sorted before it arrives.

The theme of the case is going to be Black and Blue. I will have under-motherboard blue lighting to give ambient light (not too strong) and most of the visible fans will be sprayed blue (Leaving the outside black).

I was thinking of how I can use this theme to design something on the outside of the case. The front of the case has 2 gold strips - these can be removed and sprayed (Which I am going to do). I wanted to extend on that and carry on on the sides to make it something special.

Here are pictures of the case for reference:

So yea - the too front strips will be blue - And I was thinking of a design for the sides and maybe the top and front (if it feels right).

I was looking at this kinda thing for reference, I love the Tron theme:

That blue is probably the perfect colour, but it depends on the colour of the lights inside the case also, and the motherboard colour .

So yea! If you have any ideas or links go ahead, I will be thinking over the next few weeks and drawing some things up (I can't draw for shit - paint ftw).

Thanks,
    V

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could wait to design it so you have the proper dimensions and whatnot as opposed to trying to design an idea around completely unknown figures. Also, how limited are your crafting skills? Are you able to paint the gold pieces properly? Install LED's maybe? I'd try to do something to make it look a bit like the Bit Fenix Colossus, but your choice.

There isn't a whole lot you can do to that case that won't make it look completely stupid.

Leaving it the way it is is also an idea? The RV03 is pretty awesome as-is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Or you could wait to design it so you have the proper dimensions and whatnot as opposed to trying to design an idea around completely unknown figures. Also, how limited are your crafting skills? Are you able to paint the gold pieces properly? Install LED's maybe? I'd try to do something to make it look a bit like the Bit Fenix Colossus, but your choice.

There isn't a whole lot you can do to that case that won't make it look completely stupid.
    I am not going to do anything extensive, just some symbols or a design I can spray on - Its not THAT hard figuring out how to do it, but if google - reading blogs from people who have done it etc, the info is out there. I just wanted to get some ideas ready then I can do it when I think it is ready and will look good.

Not sure I am going to LED it - I would prefer a blue colour on the front rather than the champagne colour. The only reason they went with champagne is "because a lot of cases are blue/red" and they wanted to do something different. If I get the right colour it will be fantastic.

The 2 strips at the front can be taken off. That way I can spray them easily. I might just spray the front so the size doesn't increase too much that I can't put them back in (but I HIGHLY doubt that will happen). With spraying the front strips is being done anyway, I was thinking of things I could to follow the colour and give some colour on the side.

I don't completely agree with your last statement, if done right you can do a lot to the case that can be very tasteful but also very dramatic at the same time. The whole point of modding is to make your PC unique and to look great. I would not, of course, do anything to the case if I thought it would make it look worse (that would just be crazy).