10+ Year Old Account

Upgrades for my destro warlock

Lately i've been reading a lot of threads stating that demo is the ideal spec for firelands pve, problem is, out of the 3 warlocks specs, the one im most confortable playing with is destro, and its also the one i like best. So, i'm afraid i won't be able to compete with my fellow dpsers in my 10man.

Anyway, looking at my armory, can i get any advice on what to upgrade next with what (i already have volcanospike on my bag, just waiting for the off hands that baleroc drops to trade them for my staff), and if my current gear would be ideal for demo (or what changes i'd need to do)?

Hoping for the advice from the veteran warlock that lurk these forums ^^

Ps: i've been very unlucky on Nef, warlock t11 head token never dropped

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Lately i've been reading a lot of threads stating that demo is the ideal spec for firelands pve, problem is, out of the 3 warlocks specs, the one im most confortable playing with is destro, and its also the one i like best. So, i'm afraid i won't be able to compete with my fellow dpsers in my 10man.

Anyway, looking at my armory, can i get any advice on what to upgrade next with what (i already have volcanospike on my bag, just waiting for the off hands that baleroc drops to trade them for my staff), and if my current gear would be ideal for demo (or what changes i'd need to do)?

Hoping for the advice from the veteran warlock that lurk these forums ^^

Ps: i've been very unlucky on Nef, warlock t11 head token never dropped
    Hmmm, Both your int and haste seem a bit low... one thing thats an easy fix, Gem straight int unless the bonus is +20 int, i noticed there are a few places where the socket bonus isn't worth it. also a lot of the pieces you have have mainly crit / mastery on them and you're needing to reforge to hit / haste to reach your caps. See if you can pick up some more pieces with hit haste on them or you know one or the other so you can reforge to the other more preferable one. I know once you get 30% raid buffed haste destro has a pretty nice jump in damage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Tween, i'll try to get my hands on that kind of gear. But by the way, after i reach my caps, what do you think it's the most desirable stat, crit or mastery?

I've read about demo warlocks stacking as much mastery as possible to boost the dps of their pets. Does it apply to destro's mastery too?

AFAIK mastery is still Destro's worst stat.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Thank you Tween, i'll try to get my hands on that kind of gear. But by the way, after i reach my caps, what do you think it's the most desirable stat, crit or mastery?

I've read about demo warlocks stacking as much mastery as possible to boost the dps of their pets. Does it apply to destro's mastery too?
    They don't really blindly stack as much mastery as possible. It depends on gear. Haste is still pretty much king for all 3 specs. It's not just about haste thresholds. For Destro, haste is still valued over crit and crit over mastery in BiS T12 gear. So keep focused on haste.

That said, use your emblems for gloves next.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/420/W...emonology_T12H

http://www.simulationcraft.org/420/W...struction_T12H