Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    1) You didn't almost get arrested, campus security "arrested" you.
    2) If there is no rule in the student handbook or anything posted, calmly explain that and say you want the guns returned so you can remove them from the campus. If the matter is not dropped and you are kicked out of the school, take them to court. Chances are, you'll win if you didn't violate any rules.
    3) Misleading title is very misleading.

  2. #42
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,822
    Most campus cops are pathetic people with nothing better to do than ruin our fun to make up for their sad lives.
    The campus I was at one day they campus cops ended up getting a breathalyzer, every time my friends and I walked outside after 6, they'd demand we take a test. Got to the point where we found it one day, I ended up running it over with my car, and throwing it back into their office.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  3. #43
    The Patient Glol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    By that logic if i make a gun shape with my hand would they expel me?
    You are forgetting to take into account that most decisions where students are expelled because of lego guns, plastic knives, water guns, a rope, or whatever other item that is less dangerous than the average writing utensil is pretty much devoid of any real logic.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    And that's why I don't believe in college. The rest of the thread is why I don't believe in private security.
    There are plenty of private security people who aren't jerks. I've worked in private security for almost six years (not my first choice, but it's paid the bills, and in a few months I'll have something much better), and in that time I've called the police exactly twice.

    A) When a trucker tried to rape a woman
    B) When a guy parked across 3 spots, two of them handicap spots, and when I walked up to him to talk about it he started screaming at me, swearing at me, and told me to call the police if I had a problem with him.

    That said, from what I've seen, campus police are not typically good examples of private security. I'm sure they have to deal with a lot of attitude and crap, but even still they (in my experience) act first and think later, if ever.



    Oh, and to the guy who said you'd get beat down for asking people to stop being rude/annoying/whatever.... I don't know where the hell you went to college, but please let us know so we can never go there. If they're being rude, I'll ask them to stop. If they don't, I go to the RA. If that earns me an attempted beat down, I'll call the police and have them arrested for assault and battery, and make sure the dean of students knows that I was attacked by them for asking the RA to enforce campus policy.

  5. #45
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    120
    Don't know what the circumstances are, beyond what you've posted. I can guess, though. You were causing a ruckus, someone complained, campus police got called in, they gave you a citation or whatever it is, took the nerf guns, problem solved. My advice to you is to take your judicial hearing or whatever, very seriously. Don't try to weasel out of it by saying 'i don't see where this is against the rules' or whatever, that's just being argumentative and guarantees you NOT getting the result you want. Remember this isn't a court of law. They are not required to do everything by the letter. If they don't like you, they can kick you out(of the dorm) instantly. Just be mature, own up that you were probably ruining someone's studying or whatever, and promise that it won't happen again. And make sure you're not ever caught doing it again.

    Usually if you want to do something big, like someone mentioned a 'zombie invasion' event earlier in the thread, you need to run it by campus security and your local student's union, if only so they don't get caught by surprise and to make sure that nobody gets in trouble. This is just common sense. You may be cool and fun-loving and all that but not every student is. Some of them go to university to actually, you know, learn stuff. Have a little consideration for your fellow students.

  6. #46
    Well, firstly, you were reported by someone within the campus. Secondly, Nerf guns are...."guns" and the police doesnt take kindly to ANY types of guns. Toy guns, Replicated gun, wooden guns etc.

    It is called Public Disturbance, and police has to right to arrest you. Law is law, L2Obey them.

  7. #47
    LOL. So i usually just read and don't post.... as you can see by my post count... But I saw this and thought I would let you know that TWICE a year my college (Oregon State University) has a HUMANS VS ZOMBIES week. Basically everyone (thousands of people) sign up, almost all start as humans except a few. Those few attempt to "tag" the humans to infect them. The only way to stop a zombie.... Yup, you guessed it... Shoot them with a nerf gun.... So for two weeks out of the year our campus is COVERED in students wielding nerf guns all over the school grounds. This is put on by the RA association... And yes there are restrictions but really it just amounts to... dont spray paint ur guns black....

  8. #48
    Stood in the Fire Riff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    423
    A gun is a gun in the eyes of the law and I think it had more to do with the fact you were running around a public area with them - shouting, laughing, and otherwise creating anti-social noise for the folk trying to sleep, study, etc.

    There's a distinct and almost sickening lack of respect for authority here, if someone kept running past your door making a lot of noise, you'd soon lose your rag too and call up the campus security who are there for exactly that reason.

    I'm not a killjoy, but there is a time and a place - you got it wrong.

  9. #49
    Pit Lord aztr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,351
    Because recently an incident involving Nerf guns happened: http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...orker-shooting

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff View Post
    A gun is a gun in the eyes of the law and I think it had more to do with the fact you were running around a public area with them - shouting, laughing, and otherwise creating anti-social noise for the folk trying to sleep, study, etc.

    There's a distinct and almost sickening lack of respect for authority here, if someone kept running past your door making a lot of noise, you'd soon lose your rag too and call up the campus security who are there for exactly that reason.

    I'm not a killjoy, but there is a time and a place - you got it wrong.
    nobody respects cops except 80 year old senior citizens who like to complain to them when someone is setting off fireworks on the 4th of july.
    and 99% of cops don't deserve an ounce of respect. they're a complete joke, nothing but meter-maids and losers trying to make themselves feel better after whatever long, sad life they've lived.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    nobody respects cops except 80 year old senior citizens who like to complain to them when someone is setting off fireworks on the 4th of july.
    and 99% of cops don't deserve an ounce of respect. they're a complete joke, nothing but meter-maids and losers trying to make themselves feel better after whatever long, sad life they've lived.
    I think maybe you are projecting. If you really think this, I feel sorry for you.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 07:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Because recently an incident involving Nerf guns happened: http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...orker-shooting
    So basically, some kid was trying to pull a prank, the workers overreacted, he panicked. Has nothing to do with Nerf guns, even though that article seems to try to make them look bad.

  12. #52
    anyway, that's great tragedy.

  13. #53
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocaptain View Post
    LOL. So i usually just read and don't post.... as you can see by my post count... But I saw this and thought I would let you know that TWICE a year my college (Oregon State University) has a HUMANS VS ZOMBIES week. Basically everyone (thousands of people) sign up, almost all start as humans except a few. Those few attempt to "tag" the humans to infect them. The only way to stop a zombie.... Yup, you guessed it... Shoot them with a nerf gun.... So for two weeks out of the year our campus is COVERED in students wielding nerf guns all over the school grounds. This is put on by the RA association... And yes there are restrictions but really it just amounts to... dont spray paint ur guns black....
    Of course, in this case it's actually an official event, and okayed by the university. There's a whole lot of people that have to get onboard to make sure that this kind of thing goes off without a hitch, and the police are one of them. Like i said(i think), as long as nobody's caught by surprise, there's no harm no foul, but responsible organizers make sure to let everyone know well in advance what's going down, and get the requisite permissions.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    college in no way is equal to kindergarten.
    Check out Penn & Teller's Bullshit! episode on college (s3e6) to see why you are wrong. (unless you were being sarcastic? :P)

  15. #55
    Pit Lord gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    2,275
    i dont see the part where u almost got arrested...

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,898
    Rent-a-cops

    lawl

  17. #57
    Man , the US is full of paranoid people , when we were little 10-15 year we played with a lot of toys that looked A LOT like RL guns (they even had mini caps that made a small boom when you shot - you had to reload them) and there was no problem , but then again we never had retards shooting people on our school grounds .

  18. #58
    Learn from the Devs: Only NerfBATS are acceptable. Guns are for pansies.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

    -The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral Magellanmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fanatic's Tower
    Posts
    1,072
    Think that's bad? Around where I live the police get at young children for firing pellet guns or nerf guns but when there's a riot on around here with people aged 16-19 or troublemakers, they do nothing at all...

    OT: The only reason the cops did that was because they didn't want to get nerfed and have their arrest ability on a 2 year cooldown.
    Last edited by Magellanmini; 2011-08-02 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenei View Post
    This sound like similar problem I faced on Exodar. You should consult O'ros. O'ros know best for you. Female is tricky subject.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Because recently an incident involving Nerf guns happened: http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...orker-shooting

    Somewhere in the world someone has been killed with a butter knife therefore all butter knives should be banned!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •