Deleted

Help - Fire Mage at the bird!

Hey, im a arcane mage but for alysrazor i turn fire because im asigned to go up.

What do you cast up there? When do you cast(stacks)? When do you uze your cds?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Fireball till it's around a .8sec cast then swap to Pyro, this is usually around 15ish stacks. Keep LvB up all the time as it's massive damage for 1 gcd. Use Combustion early during the first air phase and it will be up for the first burnout, I usually sit on it till the next burnout after that. Not really a lot of CD's to use beyond combustion but for pot and timewarp use those during burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Post your character name and server so we can have a look at your gear?

In my 368ish gear, I switch from Fireball to pyro at 11 or 12 stacks.

ALWAYS keep Living Bomb up. Pull off a combustion near the first time she heads towards to ground, and you'll have it back up for burnout.

Rotation basically is: LB -> Fireball (until 11/12) --> Pyroblast (Pyroblast!).

Though I've heard that using the proc after you have Pyro close to the GCD cap may induce munching, so I actually have two keys bound. One with a /cancelaura Hot Streak /cast Pyroblast and one to a /cast Pyroblast. (I'll use the Hot Streak procced Pyros until PB is close to GCD)

Recommendations on Glyphs:

IF your raid-buffed crit is already greater than 25%, replace Glyph of Molten Armor with Glyph of Living Bomb.

Otherwise, replace glyph of Fireball with Glyph of Living Bomb.

Rock out Glyph of Pyroblast.

When she's about to fly down for the tornado phase - don't sit around and try to get one more airborne ring - land immediately and look for one down there.

Get at least one ring while chasing tornadoes (Keep LB up and try to keep casting Pyro while running) and you'll have your razor for the max duration possible while continuing damage.

Keep LB up and spam Pyro during burnout until ignite is greater than 100K.

Make sure you're specced Pyromaniac, and have LB on the adds and Alys (10% haste).

Fire Combustion with your razor still up and under those conditions? Smile, laugh and GG - then collect your feathers and have at it again (unless you're sharing the skies with another player - then there shouldn't be another burn out phase).
    Last edited by Spleen; 2011-08-02 at 12:45 PM.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!