Thread: Resto druid 4pc

Resto druid 4pc

I am wondering of the druids who have picked this up what kind of returns they have seen from it. The range on it seems to be very short, and it doesn't seem likely to provide much benefit on fights where the raid is generally spread, and causes it to be even more lackluster for 10s in general. Looking at the logs of some players that have it, it seems to provide anywhere from almost nothing (shannox, baleroc), up to around 4% extra healing on fights like beth and rhyolith.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    I am wondering of the druids who have picked this up what kind of returns they have seen from it.
    Answer
    Looking at the logs of some players that have it, it seems to provide anywhere from almost nothing (shannox, baleroc), up to around 4% extra healing on fights like beth and rhyolith.

Quote Originally Posted by krebul View Post
    Question

Answer
    Really, he is wondering if other people around here are getting the same results. Not for some half assed comment to confirm exactly what he found out.

Now, personally, I don't know because I don't have the piece yet. But I am sure you will be able to get at least half of your swiftmends to get the 4p bonus. More on a raid stacking fight. It seems to be efflorescence v2 in terms of control. You have to pop the swiftmend near other people to get any use out of it. Sadly I can't see a lot of fights where it would be really great. Any fights where the tanks are near each other only one is taking damage at a time, or the whole raid is being hit with them. With this, I can guess you might get it to heal for about 70% of your swiftmend on fights where it is good. Where it isn't, probably less than 20%.

With that, wtb range buff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it seems to do about 4% average on good fights. But, this is based on an average taken from certain logs. On fights like Domo it's really good, fights like Bal it's terrible. The range really needs to be increased and it would be fine.

Will also probably be significantly better in 25s than 10s.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-08-02 at 10:17 PM.

After playing around with it a little more I have determined the firebloom proc hits players within 8 yards of myself, regardless of the target receiving the swiftmend. So, rather than aiming to SM a target that is close to another damaged player, you have to make sure you are just standing near someone else that is injured.

This is probably a little bit easier to control than how I initially thought it worked. Basically the casting druid is always an eligible target (as long as you dont SM yourself) so it will always proc on yourself at least if you are damaged at all. The person hit with the SM doesn't seem to be an eligible target, as I wasn't able to stand next to the tank, swiftmend, and get a double heal.