Deleted

Looking for advice.

Good day to you...

Well to start immediately, I play a holy-priest and I'm here to get some improving critics about my priest.
    I don't wanna get rated or so, I just need some ideas...

The case is quite simple: I'm feeling that I don't put enough healing output.
    here's my armory (I think it's in german, maybe one of you can tell me how to switch it^^)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Laeena/simple

My specific problem is grouphealing. I read through several threads and I think with a PoH-Coh-mantra i'm well at it, with occasional renews and keeping prayer of jumping heals on cd.
    I can see that I do something but it feels like drops on a hot stone...^^
    When I look at recount after a fight, like shannox yesterday, I'm on third place with 7,4k hps (seeing a sham with about 10 k and a druid with 11-12k...) although I try to use every gcd to do something.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any manaproblems right now, it just feels like I'm healing with clouds...

I hope maybe one of you is enlighted enough to help me in some ways...^^
    THX in advance =)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Laeena/simple

here is your link in english (changed '/de/' with '/en/')

Did you take into account your absorbs also? Did you use absorbs? Those don't count as heals for some addons because they prevent damage from being done rather than actually healing the person.

Other than that, Priests normally are lower on HPS than the other healing classes.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Deleted
    Thx^^

well I only use PW: Shield when I have to corpse run^^
    And As disc, recount counts in 'healing' done from absorbing.

I am guessing that you are raiding 10man and I usually heal 25man so my experience healing in 10s is minor, one, on the occasion that I have healed 10M I found that holy doesn’t really shine on Shannox (it doesn’t really shine on 25 either) especially when 3 healing it so I wouldn’t really compare your throughput on Shannox when burst healing is pretty minor. Now Beth’tilac, Lord Rhyolith and Majordomo are great for our AoE healing and you should be doing decent there.

If you are not having mana troubles get peerless stats to your chest, mastery to your wrists. I see you are going for a 2.1 cast time, which is fine, I do the same thing and usually the balance between mastery and haste is a personal preference for holy priest. If you find that you do not need to keep up in speed to your other healers maybe go for 2.2 cast time and give yourself more mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aowyn View Post

If you are not having mana troubles get peerless stats to your chest, mastery to your wrists. I see you are going for a 2.1 cast time, which is fine, I do the same thing and usually the balance between mastery and haste is a personal preference for holy priest. If you find that you do not need to keep up in speed to your other healers maybe go for 2.2 cast time and give yourself more mastery.
    uhm by that you mean less willpower, more other stats, right?
    well for good reforging et al. I can't find any good information. some say mastery is the way to go, others prefer haste.
    Myself, I feel more confortable with a little bit faster heals, just because it's faster. but I don't really know if it is the way to go as holy.
    I see mastery-stacking as prophylactic healing, where you want your mastery to heal the damage in strzess situations and haste is more the reactive way to heal, it's faster but you see what you heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Graograman View Post
    uhm by that you mean less willpower, more other stats, right?
    well for good reforging et al. I can't find any good information. some say mastery is the way to go, others prefer haste.
    Myself, I feel more confortable with a little bit faster heals, just because it's faster. but I don't really know if it is the way to go as holy.
    I see mastery-stacking as prophylactic healing, where you want your mastery to heal the damage in strzess situations and haste is more the reactive way to heal, it's faster but you see what you heal.
    Mazi's guide discusses the haste thresholds:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-Guide-(4.2)

I mean that your chest and bracers have spirit enchants and those can be changed out to throughput enchants if you are not having issues with your regen.

As for haste/mastery, I suggest you play around until you find the perfect balance for your play style. I tried all mastery and found that my heals were too slow for my liking, but when I went all out haste I wasn't impressed either, I now have been sticking to a balance between the two keeping my haste high enough to have a 2.1 cast time and then stacking mastery and that seems to work well for me. Just experiment until you find what you like best.

Like I also said, Shannox is not the best fight to judge a holy priests heals, how are you doing on a fight like Beth (or Magmaw for T11 content).

Deleted
    I cant't tell for beth, because i'm mostly the healer up on the net, but for magmaw-fights i'm quite on par with other healing classes.

i'll try that with 2.1 cast time and then mastery stacking.^^

1. Shannox is a tank fight mostly. Holy priests, as worst tank healers, will not do as good as other classes unless you outgear/skill them.
    2. I don't think holy priest is the best choice for sending up on the web with your healer setup either (it certainly can be done, i just don't think it's the best idea).

Your enchants and gemming look fine except on the bracers where +50 int would be better and the chest where you want +20 all stats. Judging from your tabard you are already working towards the better shoulder enchant.
    Depending on how good your raid is you might swap your glyph of flash heal with lightwell (don't do this if you already know nobody will ever click it)
    Don't listen to the absorb people, holy priest in general only uses PW: Shield for Body and Soul speed boosts with very exceptions.

Don't compare yourself with a resto druid, Holy priests are only equal to resto druids on a very few fights.
    To sum it up: the big disparity is a balancing issue (or fair and balanced due to hidden priest qualities according to some people) and also a result of encounter mechanics and your assignment.

There isn't anything magical that happens at a rounded cast time number (2.1, 2.2, etc...).
    Do what you're comfortable with. If you find your heals aren't getting out there in time and you aren't having mana issues, then you should definitely reforge more haste. If you find that you can put out heals in time, and mana is a bit tight during the last leg of the fight, go for more mastery.

Finding the sweet spot has more to do with your raid makeup, and how the other healers work with you (or snipe your heals) than getting to some specific threshold. One thing you should always be doing is talking to the healers is about how to make your group effort better. Screw the heal meters, and consider what's best for the raid. This may require swapping roles during a specific phase, or increasing/decreasing cross healing at a specific stage of the encounter.

Specifically for Shannox, you shouldn't just be PoH/CoH/PoMing, the majority of the damage is single target. Gheal should dominate your healing breakdown, and Fheal should have some inflated representation as well. I've two healed that fight with a holy pally (I was OT healer) or a resto druid( I was MT healeR), and I've even ranked 23rd on WoL. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rztu9...&e=3728#Themos , and that was with a screw up on my part, I was frozen in a trap early in the fight (stupid chakra feet effect!).

Also, consider that Paragon's 10H priest for their world first kills was Holy and stacked Mastery over Haste. Don't clone what he did, but keep in mind what his reasoning was... that it was what simply 'worked'.
    Last edited by Themos; 2011-08-03 at 05:05 PM.

well, don't get too hooked on meters. different fights yeld different results.

if you're on top web duty, you aren't having as much to heal as the guys at the bottom, dealing with AOE and tank heals. the same happens in rhyolith: the guy healing the tank won't do as much healing as the one healing the raid.

meters are helpful, but the "i didn't beat the other guys" mentality isn't as simple for healers.

2. I don't think holy priest is the best choice for sending up on the web with your healer setup either (it certainly can be done, i just don't think it's the best idea).
    Agreed, holy is stronger down below.

Holy does well below, but it does well above as well. Can easily heal yourself, the tank and up to 2 dps up there by keeping Renews rolling with Binding Heal on one dps and holy word on the other, and ghealing the tank on the boss. Works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Holy does well below, but it does well above as well. Can easily heal yourself, the tank and up to 2 dps up there by keeping Renews rolling with Binding Heal on one dps and holy word on the other, and ghealing the tank on the boss. Works very well.
    On the other hand when I am down below I heal all the dps killing spiderlings in two of the spawn points by myself (4-5 ranged dps, 2-3 melee dps, and myself) with all of the instant heals, increased renew potency, lightwell, and the buff to PoH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    On the other hand when I am down below I heal all the dps killing spiderlings in two of the spawn points by myself (4-5 ranged dps, 2-3 melee dps, and myself) with all of the instant heals, increased renew potency, lightwell, and the buff to PoH.
    Oh I wouldn't dare disagree with you. I've done both, and had no issues with either. It's something to keep in mind when looking at raid makeup. A holy priest is flexible on that encounter and that's an overall plus for the spec.