Deleted

Question Firelands 10 man heroic Progression Path

So we finally killed ragnaros and so next week we're doing hc's. Ofcourse the first one is shannox hc but what next ?

What's the order in wich you kill the first 4 bosses on heroic difficulty ?

Our guild went in the following order: Shannox, Rhyolith, Majordomo, Alysrazor, Baleroc, and we will obviously kill beth then rag. You could probably do alysrazor before majordomo, but in my opinion they are at about equal difficulty.

After Shannox it's up to you really. Rhyolith is a DPS race, Bethilac needs good execution, Alysrazor is just a bit more everything than on normal.
    Our guild went Shannox > Rhyolith > Beth > Alysrazor > Baleroc

Generally most guilds have gone for shannox first then ryolith... They are both equally easy but ryolith is more rng involved imo. (easy does not mean walk in the park easy but just easier compared to some others)

I'd stay away from beth until you've done at least those 2 if i were you.

Deleted
    We struggle with Rhyo normal, wouldn't it be better to go for Alys or Razor first? Or is Rhyo really not that much harder?
    And why is Beth such a hard one?

Rhyolith you could get to phase II one attempt and then not hit it again for 5 more, it can be frustrating. Alysrazor is easier to learn if your raid has excellent awareness but one mess-up by anyone can very quickly make the attempt spiral out of control. I could see doing Alysrazor before Rhyolith simply because you have a better sense of control in that fight. It's also another 2-heal fight if you so choose.
    Last edited by Jedicic; 2011-08-02 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did Shannox, Rhy, Alys, Domo, have put in some attempts on Baleroc and are going to put in some attempts on Beth to see how that goes.

Rhyolith is only hard if you try to 3 heal it because the dps requirements are just too high (at least for us, and we generally have decent dps). If you 2 heal it the fight is pretty simple and there's really no change on heroic (10 mans just ignore the slimes), but you do need to know how to drive Rhyolith fairly well and your raid has to avoid the avoidable damage.

Rhyolith is only hard if you try to 3 heal it
    What he said. The healers job in p1 is more intense when 2 healing it, but you make the overall fight so much easier, especially P2 when you kill him in under 5 minutes without Superheated.

I'd say Shannox->Lord Rhyolith(though I HATE this guy)->Alysrazor->Majordomo Staghelm->Baleroc->Beth'tilac->big boss.

we went shannox rhyolith beth baleroc alysrazor majordomo, we were cockblocked by beth pretty hard due to a shortage of ranged dps making the add phases much harder. every other boss took like 1 night's work (we killed 3 bosses in 2 nights), but outside of her the order of increasing difficulty felt about right to us. the fights still punish having more than 1-2 melee at any point, particularly beth, and a frost dk helped a lot on rhyolith but i'm sure it's not absolutely required. if you haven't got the right comp stay away from beth since it's a real pain in the ass even with 2 melee (i was eventually sat because 2 melee made the first phase too strained).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shannox > Rhyolith > Alysrazor > Majordomo Staghelm > Baleroc > Beth'tilac > Ragnaros