How do people not understand real money for auctions?

Based on everyones raging responses it seems that people are under the impression that Blizz is selling items from some unified vendor to the playerbase for money. These are PLAYER to PLAYER transactions. These sales would have gone on with or without the convenience of an AH.

Also - to call D3 an MMO is a bit misleading. Playing with 7 other people at the same time is hardly MASSIVE. I can't fathom how you get less fun out of an awesome game because some other guy is buying an item with his money - since he's too busy with his real life comittments to play the game.

It's like some sort of reverse elitism where people who may be unemployed or not smart or savvy enough to balance their gaming, social, and professional lives are raging out. Time is money. Game time is money - work time is money.

Deleted
    GM create an item.
    Send it to some random character.
    He puts in AH for 50$
    ????
    Profit for Blizzard.

You cant prove he isnt Blizzard employee.

Also - to call D3 an MMO is a bit misleading. Playing with 7 other people at the same time is hardly MASSIVE

WTF noob it's not 7 it is massive and it D3 is going to break game sales around the world, i predict it will be the highest grossing game in HISTORY. Stop blabbing your fat mouth bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    Based on everyones raging responses it seems that people are under the impression that Blizz is selling items from some unified vendor to the playerbase for money. These are PLAYER to PLAYER transactions. These sales would have gone on with or without the convenience of an AH.

Also - to call D3 an MMO is a bit misleading. Playing with 7 other people at the same time is hardly MASSIVE. I can't fathom how you get less fun out of an awesome game because some other guy is buying an item with his money - since he's too busy with his real life comittments to play the game.

It's like some sort of reverse elitism where people who may be unemployed or not smart or savvy enough to balance their gaming, social, and professional lives are raging out. Time is money. Game time is money - work time is money.
    Most peoples issue with this actually stems from the unofficial but HUGE PVP following in the previous Diablo games.

While no structured PVP was held, lots of people took it upon themselves to institute their own PVP, and most of them worked hard for their gear to be competitive.

Now, some twat with more money than time can buy all the best gear, and suddenly be top dog. That's why they are pissed, it's pay to win.

Although I'm going to buy game, I'm not happy with this situation. I couldn't care less unfair advantage on PvE / PvP. I'm not one of those who cry / rage in front of computer when got pawned in the game. My problem is Blizzard's way of making money out of this situation. If they wouldn't charge money for themselves, I really don't care it. So far my only problem is Blizzard is acting like a greed bastard and I really doubt that they earn much more money if they sell items than they're going to earn from fee's on auctions.

10+ Year Old Account
    We needed another thread on this like a fat kid needs a free trip to Willy Wonka's factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    GM create an item.
    Send it to some random character.
    He puts in AH for 50$
    ????
    Profit for Blizzard.

You cant prove he isnt Blizzard employee.
    why would you care if they were getting money this way though, thats what i dont get. it literally doesnt affect you at all. if youre participating, you get the item you want for a price that you chose to pay and the company making the game you play gets more money. time is money. it takes time to make games better. if you dont participate, then nothing happens that affects you.

the same ppl that will spend money now are the same ppl that would have just bought gold to get the same exact item... now instead of spending 30 bucks for some gold to get an item, they just spend 30 bucks to whoever in game is selling the item.... same exact outcome, except now the players (or blizzard) get the money instead of a gold farmer....

15+ Year Old Account
    We have many other threads discussing these same things, please try to keep all similar discussion in one thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-of-your-money.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-lt-Excited-gt

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-to-internet-...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right