Deleted

Games for a low end pc

My computer isn't the best and thus can't play most games without having huge fps problems. I would like to know if there are some good RPG / FPS games I could play with the following specs:

2gb DDR2 RAM
    Intel Celeron D 3.46ghz
    Nvidia EN9600GT graph card 512 dedicated MB

I don't mind playing on minimum graphics, so don't count that in.
    Ah, one more thing. I supposedly meet the IDEAL requirements for team fortress 2, but I'm still having massive FPS lag on minimum settings. What's up with that? (Found the reqs on freakygaming.com, can't post links yet)

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    RPG Morrowind(2002), Gothic 3(2006), Risen(2009)
    FPS Half-Life, Counterstrike

My computer is far worse, and I thoroughly enjoy CS Source, Quake Live, WoW, Left 4 Dead 2, League of Legends, Day of Defeat Source, Nexuiz, and TF2.

with those specs I'd say you are good for solitare and mine sweeper, possible farm ville and maybe even runescape

minecraft !
    게임 은 어렵~~

Deleted
    FPS : Left 4 Dead runs great on modest, low-end hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by slyforce View Post
    Ah, one more thing. I supposedly meet the IDEAL requirements for team fortress 2, but I'm still having massive FPS lag on minimum settings. What's up with that?
    Several things can cause FPS issues. Such as outdated drivers, viruses/malware, having a large amount of system processes running in the background can also eat valuable CPU cycles.

When was the last time you performed a clean install of your operating system? Sure it's an almighty pain in the ass, but it forces you to install the latest drivers/software/programs for your machine. It is often a good way to eliminate FPS issues. Once you are up and running again after a clean install, disable services you don't need and remove components of the OS that are irrelevant to you.

If you still have FPS issues after performing a clean install then it's likely you have a hardware problem somewhere.

Terraria will play on nearly everything.

If you're really having severe FPS problems in TF2 then maybe there's something wrong with the software rather than the hardware. Back all your data up and then use the recovery disk/partition to reset your machine to factory defaults. It will speed it up. (Make sure everything you want to keep is stored outside the PC, otherwise you will lose it. Pictures of GF, itunes music, saved games, WoW WTF folder, everything. You can even make a steam backup for TF2 so you don't have to download it again if you're download capped.).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    use the recovery disk/partition to reset your machine to factory defaults.
    While this is the fastest way to restore your PC back to 'factory settings', personally I dislike using recovery disks because a) you install all the bloatware/trialware and crap that is bundled with a store-bought machine and b) you are installing ancient versions of drivers/programs.

As long as you have your serial key for your operating system, you can clean reinstall from CD/USB stick.

Deleted
    Hmm, a reinstall may be a good option, since I have had this computer for 6 years already!

Thanks a bunch on the games btw. I can't understand exactly what Terraria is though. Is it like Minecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Touhou ^-^
    I love you.

That game is simultaneously one of my greatest joys and my worst nightmares.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is like asking if there is any good food for those that can't afford caviar.

The possibilities really are endless. Being an oldies fan myself, I can recommend you some of my favorites:

- Baldur's Gate (1,2 and addons) - brilliant story, char development, huge freedom and tons of different outcomes depending on your choices, D$D rules
    - NeverWinter Nights (1, 2 and all the addons) - close to Baldur's, but a bit more mainstream and action focused
    - Nox - my guilty pleasure hehe... simple hack & slash rpg, nothing fancy, but god damn addictive
    - No One Lives Forever (the first one) - spy fps with retardedly good humor
    - Max Payne (first one) - bullet tiiiiiiiime
    - Half Life 1 - I shouldn't even mention this, but just in case hehe
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Starcraft 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc View Post
    - Baldur's Gate (1,2 and addons)
    This.If you like it you wont need a new game in the foreseeable future(I wasted years on BGs and Icewind Dales,seriously)

you could play wow on minimum graphics and probably get 10fps out in the world by yourself, but major cities and raid encounters would probably cause you to disconnect due to framerate dropping to zero. Diablo 2 would run like a champ, as would starcraft 1. runescape, warcraft 3, unreal tournament(not 2003).

most video games offered on the pc these days will run very well on new low end retail computers very well(it seems that the game developers have yet to write code for a game that truly tests the limits of high end gaming rigs). So a paultry investment of about 500 bucks on a new toshiba laptop from best buy will allow you to play pretty much anything thats on the market today on medium to low graphics with decent fps. (DDR 3 memory and GDDR5 gpu memory are amazing and pretty much come in all new machines)

It's enough to play WoW.
    If you don't like MMOs, Neverwinter Night, Warcraft3, Diablo2, Baldur's Gate are good for you.
    But I doubt if your computer can run Neverwinter Night 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Terraria and minecraft seems to be the obivious choices, and also anything made before 2000 prolly will run pretty good on it.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Terraria and minecraft seems to be the obivious choices, and also anything made before 2000 prolly will run pretty good on it.
    While it would be awesome, Minecraft is not exactly light-demanding. It requires a pretty good pc.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

That comp should run any games on low setting. Check your task manager for uneeded memory resident programs.

Very perfromance hitting apps are the anti-virs. Disable them till you play.

Knights of the old republic should be mentioned as well. Also, there is a part 2.