D3 : It's not PaytoWin but PlayandGetPaid

I think this needs to be coined. I'm calling it that for a couple of reasons:

1. Blizzard is paying you to play the game. All they take is a cut from the process.

If you think about it any other way it's because your not playing the game for fun. Unless your fun is just dominating other people. I see the largest cries coming from the "PvP" crowd.

Diablo is a Co-Op action game. Note Co-Op. You cannot Co-OP if you're fighting each other. That isn't the point of the game and regardless of whatever sub-culture sprung from the loins, it isn't in the spirit of the game. It also could be said of the RMAH as well, a sub culture, though that is only an outcome of a no-value economy system. So something had to become the standard for trade. As trading is the cornerstone of the game, it makes sense to open it up.

Could the game be without a RMAH? Yes. Would a RMAH exist outside of Blizzard? Yes. So why not give the cash to the people that made the game? Seems asinine to me..

2. The money you earn can be used for "swag", for other possible Blizzard products, or whatever you want. See WoW time cards, WoW mounts, Cool t-shirts, possible EXP bonus, MF items for Diablo, and ect..

The real money just scares people. They don't fully grasp the concept and fear keeps them from opening up to new ideas.

My line of thinking... I'm going to buy the game and Blizzard tells me I can sell those items for possible RM cash... it's a win/win. Have fun and make money.. Yeah Cash items will be outrageous at first but once it settles.. I expect 2-5 dollars for high end items at most. People are thinking hundreds of $$ for items which is a joke. If people buy them more power to them.. I could care less. Just thanks for inflating the cost so if I find one.. $_$ for me.

You don't have to use the RMAH. Hardcore ladder, World First people can only use the GTAH.

Why is there complaining? Why is there confrontation?

I think coining PlayandGetPaid, brings to light the intent of the RMAH.

So once D3 launches.. I will be there to PGP. Play and GET PAID.

What about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Blizzard is not paying you, players are. Blizzard only allows it. There will be lots, shitloads of people trying to earn money with it, making it not really viable. Also, so many threads, need moar.

There will be some many people selling stuff you won'T make 100€/$ a week i guess, also i guess items will sell for 1-5€/$ and if it's D2 like you won't find that many usefull stuff (except there'll be MF sorceresses again)

The undercutting in D3 will be far worse than it is in WoW, so I really don't see how you could make any type of real money from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    What about you?
    I think we should have this conversation in the already beaten to death thread discussing this.

Deleted
    OP I dont think you understand that there will be so many people trying to make some money from this so that even the rarest items will cost less than 5 dollars. Everybody seem to want to EARN money from it but not SPEND money on it this means that there will be way more supply than demand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please try and keep all D3 AH discussion to this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-of-your-money.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right