Rageface on Heroic (10 man)

Im just wondering if you are supposed to have one dps stay on rageface the entire time, or just have them switch off for Face Rage? Ive seen a lot of people say they kept a mage/hunter on him full time to avoid mess-ups, but is it necessary?

It's just personal preference.

When I do this fight (Arcane Mage) I stay exclusively on Rageface, doing virtually 0 dps to the boss. The boss still dies in ~6 minutes. But I get 100% of Face Rages, ensure he's controlled the entire time, call out on vent when he resets, tell the raid who needs to kite or move away from traps, tell healers when someone needs to tank him (when he has Wary), who will be tanking him - and to get ready for incoming damage on that person (calling for externals if he has high Feeding Frenzy stacks) etc.

My suggestion: Let the other DPS worry about killing the boss. Stay on Rageface completely and control him. Make sure you always have a plan in case YOU get Rage Face. This will be to either Iceblock, or have a Pally BOP ready. If the latter, make sure you always position yourself near the Pally who'd have to do it (if IB is on cooldown).

Shannox is easy: He dies if you simply last X minutes. You dont have a pressing need to gamble by trying to kill him in X-1 minutes, by making the Rage Face control player take risks.

Whether you do this or not - again - just comes back to personal and raid preferences.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-08-02 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    It's just personal preference.

When I do this fight (Arcane Mage) I stay exclusively on Rageface, doing virtually 0 dps to the boss. The boss still dies in ~6 minutes. But I get 100% of Face Rages, ensure he's controlled the entire time, call out on vent when he resets, tell the raid who needs to kite or move away from traps, tell healers when someone needs to tank him (when he has Wary), who will be tanking him - and to get ready for incoming damage on that person (calling for externals if he has high Feeding Frenzy stacks) etc.

My suggestion: Let the other DPS worry about killing the boss. Stay on Rageface completely and control him. Make sure you always have a plan in case YOU get Rage Face. This will be to either Iceblock, or have a Pally BOP ready. If the latter, make sure you always position yourself near the Pally who'd have to do it (if IB is on cooldown).

Shannox is easy: He dies if you simply last X minutes. You dont have a pressing need to gamble by trying to kill him in X-1 minutes, by making the Rage Face control player take risks.

Whether you do this or not - again - just comes back to personal and raid preferences.
    Just curious, what kind of Dps do the other 4 dps pull? Im just looking at time frames for my other dps with this strategy ^_^

How we do it is just DPS Shannox like normal and have our marksmanship Hunter and arncae Mage pay close attention to Face Rage and just trap it when its buff reaches 10+, or whoever it is chasing to do it.

I've heard people utilize the strategy where you DON'T even bother trapping Rageface and just kite it since it aggros onto whoever breaks Face Rage and you can gauge that.

As a MM hunter I just put rageface on focus and make a macro with:
    /target rageface
    /cast Chimera Shot
    /targetlasttarget
    I just avoid using Chimera Shot in my rotation and always keep it ready for the face rage. This of course will make the hunters dps lower but as he can stay on the boss the boss will die faster and just pushing the macro wont take any longer than if you just focus dps rageface.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskinesen View Post
    As a MM hunter I just put rageface on focus and make a macro with:
    /target rageface
    /cast Chimera Shot
    /targetlasttarget
    I just avoid using Chimera Shot in my rotation and always keep it ready for the face rage. This of course will make the hunters dps lower but as he can stay on the boss the boss will die faster and just pushing the macro wont take any longer than if you just focus dps rageface.
    It's a good tradeoff, no dead guildies for some DPS loss:].

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Just curious, what kind of Dps do the other 4 dps pull? Im just looking at time frames for my other dps with this strategy ^_^
    Killed it tonight for the first time with this strat (Arcane mage on Rageface 100%) at about 6:47. No DPS pulled over 20k DPS. 2tank,3healer,5DPS.