Poll: Do you think warlocks will be nerfed any time soon (this season)?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The way warlocks are if you nurf pvp you kill their pve dps the only difference between pvp and pve rotations is BOA and BOD and even then u will cripple their multi target dps. We are high end pve dps atm tho as others said we have to work hard for it even the slightest nurf can throw this off big time and ruin the class. not many people play locks for this reason and alot of them who do arnt very good at it case and point i had a lock in my BWD group once who was in full epics pulling 8k on mag due to him being destro and not useing the correct rotation and keeping ISF buff up.

Take a look at the top 8 teams that are going to Blizzcon. They ALL consisted of a shaman and a warlock. Reason? Amazing peels, great mobility (depending), dispel protection, insane pressure (whole team. single target pressure's mediocre), interrupt usable while CC'd and loads of static DR.

1: PLS
    2: PLS
    3: LSDK
    4: RLS
    5: RLS
    6: LSDK
    7: PLS
    8: WLS
    New and shiny compppppp!

Deleted
    godamn OP must be trolling :/

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread makes me happy. -Bashiok

I consider myself as a decent warlock, I have been playing since TBC and since then we are constantly getting nerfed (and to be honest I am really sick of this). On the topic I don't think we are going to get nerfed anytime soon. In my humble opionion I think we'll get a buff to our DoT damage for Affliction and buff for destruction as well since Demonology scaling seems to be better than the other two specs. Both PvE wise.

On the PvP side I dont expect any changes there as well. We ar good against most casters but we are quite weak against melee DPS (tbh I'd like to see some buffs that could help us against melee DPS). What I do expect is some kind of nerf to the Shamans to reduce effectiveness of the warlock + shaman combo.
    Last edited by Czhmoud; 2011-08-03 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Nope, Chuck Testa.

Are u kidding me?
    It's Cata now , not vanilla ! Melee classes could easily kill a lock , especially DK. Locks are just ok, they don't need to be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about now, but when I played Warlocks had almost no survivability...(in PvP, idk about PvE)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arktosa View Post
    You seriously want to nerf the only viable PvP spec, that only works in 3's, and with one composition only? lol...

If anything, they're the only class besides Hunters that really need a buff.
    Rogues and mages also only have one viable spec. Did you not see the link? They are extremely overpowered heres another one:
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/

L
    ock team in 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7th place. Nerf some stuff i suggested before and some stuff from resto shaman. You cannot deny that they are extremely overpowered. 26 locks in top 50 teams, thats more than 50% of the teams got a lock.

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustinLee View Post
    Are u kidding me?
    It's Cata now , not vanilla ! Melee classes could easily kill a lock , especially DK. Locks are just ok, they don't need to be nerfed.
    Im talking 3s not just duels or bgs, the damage is insane and the lock teams are dominating the ladders. Its a lie that it´s the OP shamans, warlocks play just as big a part in it.

From Hydramist:

The people who’re playing on the European TR, will have noticed that if you meet a team without a Frost DK or a Warlock, you’re up against something exceptional. The amount of teams that have either a Warlock, a Frost DK or a Shaman, are close to 93%.

Around 70% of the gladiator teams last season were shaman/lock teams, lost my source.

Deleted
    Soul Swap has been nerved several times since it came out (10 sec -> 15 sec patch 4.1. ---- 15 sec -> 30 sec patch 4.2.). So they got nerved in their best spot: spreading dots.

In my opinion they should nerf dmg from dots and increase single target dmg. But it is hard to do so as the only option is to boost Haunt or Drain Life and Haunt is already a pretty hardhitting spell for its cast time. Maybe they can reduce the cast time of Shadow Bolt so it becomes viable (use SB when not under pressure, use drain life while under pressure)? I have no idea.

Some people claim it´s only because of resto shamans, I do not believe this is true. Warlocks play with resto shamans because they are the best healers in the game. The only other healer which has been decent in arenas is discipline priests
    Wait. What?

Deleted
    Warlocks suck in pve and are good in pvp
    Hunters are good in pve and suck in pvp
    It's called "balance" <3

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Haunt is already a pretty hardhitting spell for its cast time.
    I think you meant the buff it provides to the dots. Haunt's DPET is only slightly ahead of Shadow Bolt.

Deleted
    I don't quite get this thread?

Warlocks in PvP are strong when played by skilled players. OP in my book means that every monkey can play it easily (only 1 or 2 buttons), or that a certain ability that is too strong.

Warlocks are OP because they are in the top 5 damage dealers in PvE? They should be. So should mages, rogues and hunters.

Deleted

People stop feeding the troll , if u look at his post history he is basicly claiming how warlocks are extremely overpowered but disc priests and sub rogues are balanced and he even said Elemental shamans are "balanced"

Stop feeding the troll and just report him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

classes / speccs on top 3 or 5 in dmg meters will always be the target of QQ and Nerf-requests^^
    last ones will always be QQed to be buffed, damn its the neberending circle of Doom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    I think you meant the buff it provides to the dots. Haunt's DPET is only slightly ahead of Shadow Bolt.
    Haunt on its own is very powerfull (Good healing, fast cast, decent damage, good buff on dots). If they boost the buff of Haunt, it will affect PvE as there is a lot less spreading dots than in PvP (atleast I think it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    10-15 on the DPS metres in a 25 man group.

This man gets it perfectly.

I rolled a hunter few months ago and get her decked out ready for raiding, I actually wanted to change my main from warlock to hunter just because how easy it was to top the metres on a hunter compared to a warlock. Thats just an example for you guys.
    I think your mistake was to click hunter and not moonkin druid at the char creation screen xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    People stop feeding the troll , if u look at his post history he is basicly claiming how warlocks are extremely overpowered but disc priests and sub rogues are balanced and he even said Elemental shamans are "balanced"

Stop feeding the troll and just report him.
    I am very offended you call me a troll. I have shown why I believe warlocks are too strong with the links from the ladders, elemental shamans disc priests and sub rogues have nothign to do with it. If you insist to talk about this I will say disc priests are perfectly balanced and sub rogues damage needs to be toned down a little bit.

Deleted
    I still kill a Lock within 10 seconds if I need to

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Haunt on its own is very powerfull (Good healing, fast cast, decent damage, good buff on dots). If they boost the buff of Haunt, it will affect PvE as there is a lot less spreading dots than in PvP (atleast I think it is).
    It's worth 13k dpet in BiS PvE T12gear, shadow bolt is worth 12.1k. Also you cant have haunt on more than one target. Haunt is only useful for it's buff, its not hard hitting nor is the healing from it powerful.