Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    As pointed out repeatedly in other threads, there is no reason to go out into the world anymore for many players. They don't have semi-random events such as the old Elemental Invasions to take part in, the world bosses have gone, the need to farm mats is still there but is of limited appeal to non raiders, reputation grinding takes place automatically by simply running dungeons and the latest time sink - Archaeology - has you travelling more than running the profession.
    So Archaeology gives people a reason to go out into the world? Well, i'll be damned. Oh, you don't want to travel so much? So you don't actually want to go out into the world? Well, then what do you want?

Deleted
    idd, as annoying said.

I wonder what the next exp will be, but I might guess Pandarians..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, the best they could do is not release a new expansion like Wrath or Cata. It would be better to wait a bit longer and release a really huge expansion, some kind of "other world" which would be smaller than Azeroth i guess, but still some kind of huge "Outlands" they could be a merge between that and the Emeral Dream, even part of the T.Nether who knows...

But not just to go there, lvl up and fall back to the town.. give it cities, factions with really good rewards that could update with patches and that you could only gain rep by doing daily quests and events.. not just wearoing a tabard... that way we could even add a new race and a new class if wanted... even create a new faction which could be playable in future expansions.. if needed.

Such project would make them lose anotehr million players while waitting, but as soons as they released such Xpac they would gain them back with another bunch of new players. Afterall, we need a huge change, and the direction WoW is taking by remaking the old stuff is not alike with old players, nor with some of the new ones.

I rather see Vanilla and TBC as part of the past... not as some shiny and facerolling re-opened "new" area. For that matter i rather see WoW changing, then if i don't like it i'll quit.. but to live out of the past (which is not even)...
    Last edited by shise; 2011-10-10 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Pandas and brewmasters please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    But not just to go there, lvl up and fall back to the town.. give it cities, factions with really good rewards that could update with patches and that you could only gain rep by doing daily quests and events.. not just wearoing a tabard... that way we could even add a new race and a new class if wanted... even create a new faction which could be playable in future expansions.. if needed.
    This to me sounds like you actually want to play a new game, a game that is not like WoW at all, in looks and background....but keep all the things you like about WoW, can't have it both ways.

Besides, with the lack of content some people are QQ'ing about allready we could not make it through the time needed to make such a huge new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they have already said 4.3 is the last raid and 4.4. will begin the next expansion lead-in. Doesn't sound like a two year gap to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    And they have already said 4.3 is the last raid and 4.4. will begin the next expansion lead-in. Doesn't sound like a two year gap to me.
    Nope, it doesn't, sounds like they are firmly shooting for a summer-ish release of next expansion. Though to be fair he/she said that "In my opinion..." so not what was actually happening

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    I totally agree.

BUT, I also wanted to point out the (remote) possibility that "Mists of Pandaria" is something else (like a Facebook game) and that the new expansion name uses a previously-established trademark.
    mists of pandaria is trademarked as a game coming on discs and having a mousemat if memory serves, not a facebook game then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    mists of pandaria is trademarked as a game coming on discs and having a mousemat if memory serves, not a facebook game then.
    The product types on the trademark are categories... it doesn't have to use ALL of the items in that category, just some or even one of them. It COULD be just an online game without any other items whatsoever.

HOWEVER - I do believe it's the expansion, the timing and the categories and trademark type used match up with all the other expansions so far. We've seen no other trademarks filed, and there's been no flat-out denial that it's the next expansion and generally Blizz is pretty good about shutting down anything that's 100% false.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    The product types on the trademark are categories... it doesn't have to use ALL of the items in that category, just some or even one of them. It COULD be just an online game without any other items whatsoever.

HOWEVER - I do believe it's the expansion, the timing and the categories and trademark type used match up with all the other expansions so far. We've seen no other trademarks filed, and there's been no flat-out denial that it's the next expansion and generally Blizz is pretty good about shutting down anything that's 100% false.
    Except that in this trademark, under the Category number, it's specified what they are going to use it for. If you do some research you will see that category numbers have way more inside them than is written in the trademark form.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Another thread was started about this (but it was locked for some reason)

Given that there was no source stated (albeit there prolly is one) and the fact it's full of spelling errors + the fact that horde races could join alliance and vice versa, it's fairly obvious fake info. Not to mention that it sounds far more chaotic than Cata was, which blizzard admitted was a mistake. There's also no main boss mentioned, which also seems unlikely.
    I'll provide a source on that: 4chan's /v/ board. I was there watching the thread on Saturday night? Might have been Friday. But it was basically the OP spouting a bunch of random stuff that would never go down, in an attempt to make a convincing fake.

The funny part was when people faked the OP and posted even more fake info under his name. Like "archaeology was such a big mistake, we're removing it! lololol"

I mean, seriously, arrakoa for Alliance? The bird things we haven't heard from or seen in years? hahahaha like that would ever happen. Not to mention tauren going Ally, humans going Horde.

In case we didn't get that cleared by everyone, FAAAAAAAAAAKE fakefakefake.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakanub View Post
    Hello I am new. This was posted at a portuguese forum:

The forum itself is locked (it is here lusitanoswow.com if you want to register and check). But the original source is this pastebin.com/UV2TG25J Could someone tell me if is true? Thanks.
    100% fake.

Hour of Twilight is likely the name for the 4.3 patch, so it would be odd for the next expansion to be called that. Plus Blizzard stated very early on that the Cataclysm way of doing things (having a bunch of disconnected zones) was a one-time thing due to the theme of the expansion, and that future ones would be more continent style.

I'd also rather not have an expansion that's basically Cataclysm: Part 2 rather then one with a story in it's own right.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakanub View Post
    Hello I am new. This was posted at a portuguese forum:

The forum itself is locked (it is here lusitanoswow.com if you want to register and check). But the original source is this pastebin.com/UV2TG25J Could someone tell me if is true? Thanks.
    While this really is what I want as the next expansion (more titan and old gods lore), I highly doubt this will be true.

Deleted
    it is FAKE but how awesome it would be, to see a DDO mechanic from Rainbow in the Dark instance.

If you don't know what it is, you can type Rainbow in the Dark on the youtube.

At the begining of the instance there was a weapon on the ground (like Kael legendaries) which worked like a torch. The whole instance was completly dark, so when you went away from the "torch carrier" you could die without seeing your enemy. It forced ppl to stick together, plus i will never forget the chill when a giant beholder head came from the darkness...

Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    I'll provide a source on that: 4chan's /v/ board. I was there watching the thread on Saturday night? Might have been Friday. But it was basically the OP spouting a bunch of random stuff that would never go down, in an attempt to make a convincing fake.

The funny part was when people faked the OP and posted even more fake info under his name. Like "archaeology was such a big mistake, we're removing it! lololol"

I mean, seriously, arrakoa for Alliance? The bird things we haven't heard from or seen in years? hahahaha like that would ever happen. Not to mention tauren going Ally, humans going Horde.

In case we didn't get that cleared by everyone, FAAAAAAAAAAKE fakefakefake.

oh god.

THAT WAS ME FOLKS.

i posted that and linked it to a friend who is a /v/ regular just to annoy him since its everything he said he would quit wow forever for.

ITS FAKE. I MADE IT ALL UP. JUST BOLLOCKS TO TROLL A FRIEND.

i genuinely cant believe people saved it and linked it to sites... but for the record yeah my friend through a defcon one shitfit, he hates arra'koa and naga. then i just posted all the 3 kingdoms stuff and some wishlist stuff from this very thread.

so yeah, all a troll, ignore it folks. i intentionally wrote it ;as bad fan fic, hence the 600,000g red tier item above legendary guild airship.

i even posted using a trip at the end to assume i was trying to maintain authenticity. i was just bored, tabbing out of a game to increasingly watch him get mad. The End

check my post history on here, the gilnean wagon in the woods instance? i posted that on here months ago.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2011-10-10 at 05:46 PM. Reason: FGSFDS

10+ Year Old Account
    When they announce the next expansion has nothing to do with Pandas, I want to be able to reference this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    When they announce the next expansion has nothing to do with Pandas, I want to be able to reference this thread.
    Well, I'm sure as soon as there's an announcement at BlizzCon concerning the next expansion there will be a mad rush to necro this thread and the [official] betting thread. (Provided either are not still active at that point.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    Pretty small chance. They have to trademark it and I dont think they want to risk it again to do that just a week before the blizzcon.

Deleted
    that and that "chromaticdragonpet" who is a) gold, which is the name of the 50% chinease restaruants (Golden Dragon that is) and b) look at him, he looks like a frckin "serpentish" dragon from china!

Quote Originally Posted by uLotUu View Post
    that and that "chromaticdragonpet" who is a) gold, which is the name of the 50% chinease restaruants (Golden Dragon that is) and b) look at him, he looks like a frckin "serpentish" dragon from china!
    I wish they had that much creativity around here. All we get are China Buffet, New China Buffet, China Buffet II, and New China Buffet 32b.