Deleted

Blood DK T12 2 piece bonus on Alysrazor hatchlings

hello folks,

I was wondering if anybody could explain why cant my T12 2 piece bonus doesnt proc on alysrazor hatchlings, the other tank was able to get another hatchling down even before i still have to dps 2m. it would be helpful if ppl can explain the reasons...we checked logs and saw that my 2 piece bonus did like 16k damage most of the times

Deleted
    Maybe the other had a Frost dk/Combat rogue/Arms warrior och a hunter pet for physical damage? tricks of the trade on that tank, thorns you name it. That might explain alittle :P

Just checked logs from last week. Avg tick 809.3. So its getting some minor tiny boost. Willing to bet the other tanks bonus dmg that scales as a % of dmg delt has no issues scaling with imprint yet again we're bastard children.
    Last edited by Affectionate; 2011-08-03 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    i tried contacting game master, never got any response instead of that i got message saying we will look into the issue and try to resolve it....i dont even understand resolving part by that game master...i did not bothered to contacting again as they are not at all responding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Just checked logs from last week. Avg tick 809.3. So its getting some minor tiny boost. Willing to bet the other tanks bonus dmg that scales as a % of dmg delt has no issues scaling with imprint yet again we're bastard children.
    most likely it's got the 8% extra spell damg debuf on mob + 3% aura boost as it's modifiers,it does seem strange your the only tank with a 2piece that isn't scaling with damg.

the 2pc bonus only gets extra damage from an 8% spell damage increase, it does not increase with arcane mage 3%, imprint or 15% from randoms. As an aside every other tank's 2pc bonus does get affected by all of these things as they are generated from damage done by other abilities...

the biggest thing that other people can do to help you down your add is to apply 3 stacks of either sunder armour or faerie fire, just maintaining these will do more damage than a dps actually smashing your bird. Also try throwing on the mastery trinket from TB with a strength on use for some extra damage.

This is purely an assumption on my part, but when the Hatchling is targeted, you don't get the imprinted buff straight off the bat, which is why most tanks don't start their proper rotations (and just auto-attack) until the imprinted buff is applied. The difference between a Blood DK's 2PC and the rest of the tanks is the fact that the DK's 2PC is activated solely from melee attacks (whereas the rest of the tanks apply it through abilities).

This means as soon as you start auto-attacking the Hatchling, you're activating the 2PC before you get the imprint buff. Because every melee attack refreshes the 2PC, it seems like it's not scaling from the imprint buff (since the modifiers don't get included with refreshes). The other tanks cannot refresh their 2PC infinitely like a DK can, so when it does fall off for them, they reapply it and it becomes modified from the imprint. That is why I think you're seeing no modifications with your 2PC as a DK - again this is pure speculation on my part and won't be able to test it til later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    This is purely an assumption on my part, but when the Hatchling is targeted, you don't get the imprinted buff straight off the bat, which is why most tanks don't start their proper rotations (and just auto-attack) until the imprinted buff is applied. The difference between a Blood DK's 2PC and the rest of the tanks is the fact that the DK's 2PC is activated solely from melee attacks (whereas the rest of the tanks apply it through abilities).

This means as soon as you start auto-attacking the Hatchling, you're activating the 2PC before you get the imprint buff. Because every melee attack refreshes the 2PC, it seems like it's not scaling from the imprint buff (since the modifiers don't get included with refreshes). The other tanks cannot refresh their 2PC infinitely like a DK can, so when it does fall off for them, they reapply it and it becomes modified from the imprint. That is why I think you're seeing no modifications with your 2PC as a DK - again this is pure speculation on my part and won't be able to test it til later tonight.
    So I assume it would be a slight DPS increase to stop auto attacking wait for the buff to fall off and begin again

Yeah definitely, that's what I'm assuming. You might as well not attack the Hatchling at all until you get imprinted - you'd only lose like a total of 10k from white hits at most, but you'd gain 8k ticks from 2PC for the entirety of the Hatchling being alive, as opposed to 800 ticks. So in actuality, it wouldn't be a slight DPS increase, it would be quite a significant one (100 seconds of 2PC + Imprint = 400k damage. 100 seconds of 2PC without Imprint = 40k damage)

Deleted
    Yeah definitely, that's what I'm assuming. You might as well not attack the Hatchling at all until you get imprinted - you'd only lose like a total of 10k from white hits at most, but you'd gain 8k ticks from 2PC for the entirety of the Hatchling being alive, as opposed to 800 ticks. So in actuality, it wouldn't be a slight DPS increase, it would be quite a significant one (100 seconds of 2PC + Imprint = 400k damage. 100 seconds of 2PC without Imprint = 40k damage)
    it makes sense, but i will test it too and thx for the analysis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sephirothd View Post
    it makes sense, but i will test it too and thx for the analysis
    they imprint onto whoever is nearest when they 'activate' isntead of who is hiest on threat you can jsut delay the first hit until you gain the buff.

Deleted
    I've done Alys quite a few times now with 2pc T12 and I have never had the stupid disease deal more than +/- 830 dmg. I can't say for sure that all those times I've started dealing melee dmg after getting Imprinted, but then again, it wouldn't make much sense to be a deciding factor. After all, every other DoT in the game seems to be able to update its dmg when reapplied. Dealing any kind of melee dmg reapplies the DoT for us, yet the dmg stays unmodified :S

All in all I'm extremely disappointed by the workings of the 2pc T12. I was only looking forward to it because it could seriously boost dmg on Alys Hatchlings, but it turned out to be (almost) completely useless.

If everything goes well, we'll raid again next sunday with Alys on the menu. I'll try out your suggestion, but I personally don't expect it to magically deal 10x more dmg as it should.

From last nights raid:

[21:32:47.830] Pupes afflicted by Imprinted from Voracious Hatchling
    [21:32:51.872] Voracious Hatchling afflicted by Burning Blood from Pupes
    [21:32:51.872] Voracious Hatchling's Burning Blood is refreshed by Pupes
    [21:32:53.871] Pupes Burning Blood Voracious Hatchling 864
    [21:32:55.537] Voracious Hatchling's Burning Blood is refreshed by Pupes
    [21:32:55.877] Pupes Burning Blood Voracious Hatchling 864

As you can see I got Imprinted way before Burning Blood was applied and still only 800 odd damage

Link to logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=4527&e=5160

Deleted
    sounds like worth ticketing a GM about, especialy as it should be ticking for 8k isntead of 800.

Yet again another case where we're the bastard children of this raid tier.