Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedansker View Post
    I think Elitists are hated because of the way they act, some elitists talk in a manner which makes them seem really rude and it's just natural that if you've met one elitist who were rude, you'll think the same of the next one you meet even if he's not even tried interacting with you or said anything rude.
    this is pretty much what it comes down to. I really have nothing against 'elites' playing the game all the time and achieving/progressing in raids etc. to each their own. it's when they start having an egotistical attitude about the whole thing. the majority of elites i meet come across as extremely conceited - not only that but they're just down right rude to everyone else who isn't of similar status. as if raid progression really makes you better than somebody else (lol). not sure if these people are 12 years old or what.

so yeah, if they're hated, it's because of how they interact with others.
    Last edited by ancat; 2011-08-06 at 02:38 AM.

They don't hate you because of the time you spend.

They hate you because you care far too much, as evidenced by this post.

it's not that elitists know better, it's how most present themselves. arrogant, insistent, and rude. most are like this, not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Canicus View Post
    this is pretty much what it comes down to. I really have nothing against 'elites' playing the game all the time and achieving/progressing in raids etc. to each their own. it's when they start having an egotistical attitude about the whole thing. the majority of elites i meet come across as extremely conceited - not only that but they're just down right rude to everyone else who isn't of similar status. as if raid progression really makes you better than somebody else (lol). not sure if these people are 12 years old or what.

so yeah, if they're hated, it's because of how they interact with others.
    I was in top 50-75 US guilds for 5 years straight, and I'd actually try to give out advice in the most non-threatening ways I could. "Hey man, You know, if you changed out _____ for _____, considering that your stat priority is ________, you'd probably be better off", I'd say. And probably 90% of the time, I'd get met with "STFU Fag" or "LOL WRONG" until I became so damn bitter, that I made it my personal mission to belittle every terrible player I ever came across.

You did this to yourselves.

elitists are like the politics of america.. everyone talks about it but no one REALLY gives a shit.