Deleted

[Music] The Black Keys: What genre?

As the title says, what genre would you class the black keys as?

Awesome-category?

Nah, I'd say they're a mixture of blues rock and alt/indie.

Lol I was going to ask if we could just chalk it up to the category of Awesome.

Magic Potion is, hands down, the best album ever created by man.

Deleted
    the reason i ask is because i like that style of music so i will be looking to find more like it, can u suggest any more bands like these?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Badpaladin, but *some* of their songs have almost a grungy/industrial feel.

I guess that's why I like them so much. Variety is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blues/rock is definitely the assumed genre. Sounds that way to me. As far as similar bands, The White Stripes is the most mainstream band I see listed. For some reason they also remind me of Jet.

I just watched the video for Tighten Up. It's funny as hell.

Hey...

I too have wondered about this very question. They are blues / rock for the most part. I did some research awhile back because I really enjoy this style of music. Two great bands that are similar and still current are Radio Moscow and The White Stripes (not the main stream radio crap, listen to previews of an album on amazon, good stuff). If you dont mind going back a little bit check out some classic led zepplin and jimi hendrix.
    Last edited by darkrook; 2011-10-07 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch_70 View Post
    Magic Potion is, hands down, the best album ever created by man.
    Rubber Factory would like to have a word with you

Quote Originally Posted by darkrook View Post
    I too have wondered about this very question. They are blues / rock for the most part. I did some research awhile back because I really enjoy this style of music. Two great bands that are similar and still current are Radio Moscow and The White Stripes (not the main stream radio crap, listen to previews of an album on amazon, good stuff)
    If you like the White Stripes you will love Jack Whites other band The Dead Weather, much rougher and darker and very unique. One of the few modern bands I enjoy.

I would say as an overall genre spanning all their albums, alternative rock and blues. That said, they've changed over the course of their discog. They started off more garage/lo-fi, moved toward blues and alternative, and their last album actually had some soul influences and even a straight up cover of a soul hit.

Also, Magic Potion is their worst album. Not quite sure how it's even the best album ever if it isn't even the band's best record.