Going to store tomorrow to buy a Headset + Mic

Hello

Okay so tomorrow I'm going to go buy a Mic + Headphone combonation, Plan on spending at the most, 50$. But the thing I'm wondering is, What do i look for? Is there any specific thing when it comes to these? I do not care about sound quality from the headphones, Mainly how well my voice will come out on the mic

Are all mics the same or do i need to be looking for something before purchasing the Mic+Headphone combo that i ultimately chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple earbuds from the apple store 25 bucks where i live comes with a mic, earbuds, you can hear and talk.

its surprisingly reliable... and small!

Go to radio shack buy a logitech headset for like 30 USD.

Comfort. Always comfort. Whatever feels best on your head, ears and cheeks. While you may want to have the best sound to chat with your friends and show off that piece of gear, nothing beats the ones with best comfort.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

I rock DJ quality noise-cancelling over ear Sennheiser headphones, with a separate cheapy logitech desktop mic. Wouldn't do it any other way again. I've tried headsets with mics on them and what not... but I feel that just having beast studio style headphones it's just far superior for comfort, enjoying music, movies, and other games as well. Only downfall is I have a mechanical keyboard, so it's kind of loud when I'm on skype and my mic is right next to it :]

Don't buy that if you have a somewhat large head and don't like pressure. That thing pushes your cheekbones and jaw like someone's stepping on your head while you're laying down. Plus, the foam on the sides are hot as hell.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy a headset AND a mic. Buy a headset WITH a mic Steelseries 5H v2 is super nice.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Do not buy analog plug mic/headset, pink and green plug. Go for something USB this is going to allow you to listen to game sound from your pc speakers, and vent, ts ect from the headset only. Logitech is usually a reliable choice, lots of good brands outside of that though.

USB.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...s/devices/7115 These are what I have and they are great sound/mic. Had since Xmas no issues

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're only prepared to spend that amount of money then you shoulkd be looking at one of the comfortable headsets found in the GameCom range of headsets from Plantronics. I had one for 2 years and it was fine, but I then outclassed them with a pair of Astro A40's.

Deleted
    I paid 6£ for mine and they worked fine for over 4 years now :P

I wouldnt pay over 15$ or so on amazon, if they break just buy another cheap pair.

It's my experience that expensive stuff often break faster than the cheap tat

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsof...chat&cp=1&lp=1
    These are the ones I use, very nice, especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I paid 6£ for mine and they worked fine for over 4 years now :P

I wouldnt pay over 15$ or so on amazon, if they break just buy another cheap pair.

It's my experience that expensive stuff often break faster than the cheap tat
    Not really, no. Personally my ears would break if I had to use your headset, having working ears and hearing and all. I prefer my Sennheiser headphones + cheapest desk mic I can find.

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlagShipFail View Post
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...s/devices/7115 These are what I have and they are great sound/mic. Had since Xmas no issues
    Not even close to great sound, but you can't expect that with only $50 anyway

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Hello

Okay so tomorrow I'm going to go buy a Mic + Headphone combonation, Plan on spending at the most, 50$. But the thing I'm wondering is, What do i look for? Is there any specific thing when it comes to these? I do not care about sound quality from the headphones, Mainly how well my voice will come out on the mic

Are all mics the same or do i need to be looking for something before purchasing the Mic+Headphone combo that i ultimately chose
    Creative Fatal1ty series is decent for the price, but don't expect miracles.