darkmoon card tsunami + Alchemy trinket + heroic eye of blazing power

i recently got heroic eye of blazing power and wanted to know what trinket i should switch out to put in blazing power

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 11:27 PM ----------

u currently have dmc:t and alchemy trinket combo...was wondering what trinket i should swap out..i was thinking the alchemy trinket?

if you pot every fight with concentration then replace tsunami. if not, keep it

So replace tsunami trinket?......I was going to replace alchemy trinket and go engenierring

Just curious, why would you want to drop alchemy for engineering? Unless you're really at a point where you're not pressured on mana, I think the 80 constant Int, plus longer flasks and ability to transmute > 480 Int clicky that shares cooldown with trinkets

Well, besides the trinket, you do get the same base 80 int boost as every other crafting prof. But what I meant by shares a cooldown is you cannot use the synapse springs at the same time as any other on use trinket. Using one triggers a lockout on the other, similar to how 2 on use cooldowns interact with one another. As a holy paladin, the synapse springs really only become a minor throughput cd or being paired with divine plea, but at the cost of losing replenishment and spirit gains throughout the rest of the fight

Quote Originally Posted by lilshadow View Post
    Well the only thing good about alchemy is the trinket....(I can replace with eye of blazing)....longerflasks( my guild gives free flasks)......and what u mean what shares a cd with trinkets?
    Kindof assuming you don't know the full benefits of professions at this point.
    Engineering glove enchant gives 480 intellect in bursts(working out to be 80 intellect flat if used on cooldown) BUT it puts trinket /uses on CD for 20 seconds or so.
    Alchemy gives 80 intellect using all flasks including from cauldrons.
    Last edited by Jinivus; 2011-08-03 at 08:31 PM.

U mean flasks from the cauldron?
    Yes, alchemy gives the 80 int bonus from ALL flasks, INCLUDING guild flasks.

U mean flasks from the cauldron?
    Just so theres no confusion. they are referring to mixology

10+ Year Old Account
    the flask is giving you 380 int. you cant use both at the same time

dont drop alch, use tsunami and the new trinket. if you really need the haste use the alch trink and drop tsunami

15+ Year Old Account
    You get a passive buff from Alchemy called Mixology. It makes flasks and elixirs better then their tooltip shows for you if you have the skill to make the item yourself (example: to get the flask benefit from Flask of the Draconic Mind, you have to be able to make that flask).

For flasks, that benefit is an extra 80 of the stat in question. This brings it in line with other professions. The entire reason there is an alchemist-only 80 int repeated use flask is so you can have your profession benefit up at all times for no charge if you choose, such as when questing or doing arenas or any other time when you would normally not use a full-strength flask or would be unable to do so.

If you wish to check, simply check your unbuffed int numbers then take a draconic mind flask. Subtract your pre-flask int from your final number and you will see it is more then the 300 the flask says it provides.

On the topic, what people are saying here is IF you use a potion of concentration on every fight, keep the alchemy trinket. On fights where you do not, tsunami pulls ahead. Since there are some fights where poping a concentration potion is more viable then other fights, your idea trinket choice very well may be fight dependent, at least from the regen point of view. The haste vs spirit is another point, so depending on your need for regen vs throughput, your choice could change accordingly.
    Last edited by Eisaderfrau; 2011-08-03 at 11:08 PM.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

Quote Originally Posted by Eisaderfrau View Post
    You get a passive buff from Alchemy called Mixology. It makes flasks and elixirs better then their tooltip shows for you if you have the skill to make the item yourself (example: to get the flask benefit from Flask of the Draconic Mind, you have to be able to make that flask).

For flasks, that benefit is an extra 80 of the stat in question. This brings it in line with other professions. The entire reason there is an alchemist-only 80 int repeated use flask is so you can have your profession benefit up at all times for no charge if you choose, such as when questing or doing arenas or any other time when you would normally not use a full-strength flask or would be unable to do so.

If you wish to check, simply check your unbuffed int numbers then take a draconic mind flask. Subtract your pre-flask int from your final number and you will see it is more then the 300 the flask says it provides.

On the topic, what people are saying here is IF you use a potion of concentration on every fight, keep the alchemy trinket. On fights where you do not, tsunami pulls ahead. Since there are some fights where poping a concentration potion is more viable then other fights, your idea trinket choice very well may be fight dependent, at least from the regen point of view. The haste vs spirit is another point, so depending on your need for regen vs throughput, your choice could change accordingly.
    i ususly use the other mana potion not concentration

---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 04:50 PM ----------

i have 1856 haste with the alchemy trinket

why are u guys even replyin

at this pt u know its impossible to communicate with the OP.

no offense, i wanted to help, but i don't have a clue how to even start.....

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    why are u guys even replyin

at this pt u know its impossible to communicate with the OP.

no offense, i wanted to help, but i don't have a clue how to even start.....
    ???.........

It depends on your gear, if you can afford to drop the tsunami in despite of the regen, do it. I personally prefer the Alchemy Stone + Eye of Blazing Power.

Az!

The real question is why do you have that trinket and not know which to use?
    Secondly you know the ICD on that trinket is 45 seconds right? So you'll get on average 5 -10 heals a fight and it can proc at the absolute WORST times. All it is, is a mana buff and thats it.

I'd stay with what you have, especially if you arnt even at the 1859 Haste Cap with the alch trink. Still using your 4pc? Blazing power is pretty much only good for Disc Priests who are mana whores

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    The real question is why do you have that trinket and not know which to use?
    Secondly you know the ICD on that trinket is 45 seconds right? So you'll get on average 5 -10 heals a fight and it can proc at the absolute WORST times. All it is, is a mana buff and thats it.

I'd stay with what you have, especially if you arnt even at the 1859 Haste Cap with the alch trink. Still using your 4pc? Blazing power is pretty much only good for Disc Priests who are mana whores
    Best response, couldn't agree with it more.