A long time PVE'er, trying something new.

Hello everyone.

The thing is, I have been playing this game for a really really long time and i still enjoy it. The case is that I dont have the time for raiding anymore, so I have tried playing some pvp and I find it really entertaining. Im reading alot of guides and all sort of posts to keep up and learn more. Im no pro and my ratings are between 1600-1800 playing on my Death Knight. I want to try a different class now, but all i know is my Death Knight, so I'm starting from scratch and i need some advice.

I got a priest, druid and a paladin in lvl 85. What would you suggest I do? I got an open mind, Healing, Feral, Shadow, just not retri .

What would you suggest and why?

Kind regards Vullafuja

Priest and do RMP

Healer on high rating is easier to play than DPS

Just need to LoS and CC at right Time

RMP is an OP Combo and always was grab a good Rogue and Mage and GG

Or Heal with Pala an do TSG but this is viable only to 2.2 after this you will have an hard time as TSG

Quote Originally Posted by Molog View Post
    Priest and do RMP

Healer on high rating is easier to play than DPS

Just need to LoS and CC at right Time

Or Heal with Pala an do TSG but this is viable only to 2.2 after this you will have an hard time as TSG
    Thank you very much for you time. Ive been looking into it, sounds awesome.

Anyone else got any fancy ideas?

I could still use some more sugestions and ideas on what to play.

I'll just give a general suggestion; don't base fun on a win/lose basis. If you can conquer this, you'll have loads more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I play Druid, it's pretty fun but it all comes down to how you like to play, how you would like to beat your enemies. i dont need to do high rated bg/arena to have fun, a simple random bg is enough to keep that, though i know that is not the case with most people.

i Play Resto druid (i was feral last season) used about 20k honor in this season to regear over to resto, took some time, but its fun, cause with just basic knowledge as a resto druid and u are immortal in normal BG's

i'd suggest you try out all your classes, see what you like hte most (diffrent specs aswell!) as it is not us who are going to play, it is you, you might like other aspects then we do make sure you play a class you like in PVP though and usually are able to use diffrent specs on same char, as it can get boring with same old same old.

Deleted
    Disc priest can be very rewarding and fun to play + a challenge, I recommend watching some of the Hyrda movies (Especially hydra 7) as they are amazingly entertaining pvp videos for priests and my friend has pvp'd as disc on his since the start of wrath when he started the game.

But at the end of the day it comes down to preference, you must really have some sort of idea what you would like to do in pvp, if a little vague like "healing would be cool" but the end of the day my biggest tip to you is, do arena, but do it with someone your good friends with

lol, I guess you haven't done arena lately? Or with that combo, as you'd know that it isn't as easy as you think nor is it op compared to other setups..
    Last edited by mmoc8f80ecf50e; 2011-08-05 at 10:26 AM.

Go KFC with either a warrior or MM hunter. It's great fun and most opposing setups die rather quickly, unless they go for your hunter then it might get trickier!

Feral does some serious damage right now. If you want to rape face... get on your druid and go feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Molog View Post
    Priest and do RMP
    This isn't the best advice. RMP is an OP Combo in the hands of the right players. The OP factor is the sick CC chains and lockdowns they can get, combined with the priests Burst damage. Starting out from scratch, I would definitely not recommend that comp until/unless he can find great partners that are familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vullafuja View Post
    Hello everyone.

The thing is, I have been playing this game for a really really long time and i still enjoy it. The case is that I dont have the time for raiding anymore, so I have tried playing some pvp and I find it really entertaining. Im reading alot of guides and all sort of posts to keep up and learn more. Im no pro and my ratings are between 1600-1800 playing on my Death Knight. I want to try a different class now, but all i know is my Death Knight, so I'm starting from scratch and i need some advice.

I got a priest, druid and a paladin in lvl 85. What would you suggest I do? I got an open mind, Healing, Feral, Shadow, just not retri .

What would you suggest and why?

Kind regards Vullafuja
    I would honestly suggest either a Holy Paladin or a Feral Druid. What Malgru said about Feral just seriously doing ridiculous damage, as well as some great CC available. However keep in mind that because of the outlash of the community against how good they're doing, they are most likely going to get overnerfed (as stupid as it is, it's just what Blizzard does and it's a shame because Ferals were very rarely seen).

So I would stick with the Holy Paladin for getting started. You can get some great comps together at higher ratings, and there a good starting point.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    I'll just give a general suggestion; don't base fun on a win/lose basis. If you can conquer this, you'll have loads more fun.
    Defiantly this^

Regardless of which class and comp you decide to go with I would say the most important thing is finding a couple of steady team mates. This might determine which class you want to play with depending on who you can group with.

Also I say try and stick with the team, or ideally be the team leader, as jumping from team to team can effect your chances of getting the end of season title rewards. (30% games played minimum I think)