Upgrading, budget approx. $600-700 dollars, what to get?

US dollars, by the way. I guess $700, but that's pushing it, I also have to get a new phone :P

I was a console gamer for sometime but want to go back to the master race (gaming will be the most taxing thing on this machine). The computer I have is running things decently, but I want more.
    So what I currently have is:

Mobo: Foxconn 2AB1 (Probably the thing I am going to replace first, this thing is a pos.)
    Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 (Meh, maybe second)
    Memory: 8 GB (Overkill for gaming)
    HDD: 700 GB (I might want a SSD for Windows and format this, but only if I have extra funds)
    PSU: Antec 430W (If I am going to get a new video card, I might need to replace this)
    Video: NVidia GeForce GT 240 (Can stay or can go)
    I don't need monitors or a new KBM.

Because I am replacing the motherboard (and potentially installing on a SSD), I'll probably need a new copy of Windows 7.

Unfortunately, I cannot post links, so this will be a tad annoying for you. Sorry.
    I have some sort of an idea from casually looking at Newegg, like:

Intel i5 2500K + ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.693877
    Radeon HD 6850 newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150516
    Antec 550W Power Supply newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Which comes out to ~$750...a tad bit more than I wanted to spend.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Does your motherboard support DDR3? I couldn't find reliable information about this via google ._.
    I'll just assume that it does and you don't need to upgrade them.
    You might not need a new copy of your Win7 if your current one isn't an OEM (it likely is though).

I'd wait with the SSD and just run it with the suggestions you yourself chose. It looks like a good combo.

Thanks! The old motherboard supports DDR3 but there is a voltage issue which prevents me from upgrading the CPU (and I want to switch to Intel anyway ).
    I've modified a couple of things, and now I am in budget. However, a question pops up: I have seen conflicting answers as to whether I should get a CPU cooler/heatsink or stick with what's in the Intel box. Any advice there (and which should I get)?

Depends if you want to overclock or not. The intels one is designed to function at stocksettings, and that it does. As soon as the clocks start to increase, it can grow insufficient quite quick though. Either way, an aftermarket cooler will reduce temperaturelevels further, and most often noise as well. The stock intel one isn't quiet. (Or so I hear; I've never had one or used one, myself.)

And without knowing your budget;
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus if you are price-concerned.
    The Antec Kühler h2o 620 if you are space-concerned.Noctua NH-D14 if you are performance-concerned. (it also happen to look the best, imo :P)