15+ Year Old Account

Razer Keyboard questions

Hey, couple of questions.

What's the difference between these two (other than the price): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001LNNOD0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d3_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1P1E22C974MPX895X05H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0016Q6IMG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d3_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1P1E22C974MPX895X05H&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Link 1: Razer RZ03-00181800-R3W1 Lycosa Mirror Gaming Keyboard
    Link 2: Razer RZ03-00180100-R3U1 Lycosa Gaming Keyboard

Is it worth the increase in price to get the Black Widow? Which is roughly £70 (or if anyone has a cheaper site?).

Deleted
    the mirrored one has plastic keys,
    the other one has rubber keys

ive heard that the lycosa gets really dirty after a while like: fingerprints all over the place
    i'd go for the blackwidow.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the budget for the BlackWidow, then get it. The Lycosa isn't a bad keyboard, but the BlackWidow is an amazing keyboard. /shrug
    <--has Blackwidow

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like mechanical keyboards? I've tried several of them and everyone swears by them but I just find them uncomfortable and loud.
    *shrug* I like my lycosa with comfortable laptop style keys atleast, not a fan of "regular" high keys.

I have had the Lycosa for about 8 months now, and I would advise against buying it. If you look at the reviews on Newegg you will find that this keyboard has 40-50% negative reviews. I love my Razer Naga, but this keyboard is garbage. Just skimming over the reviews I see a lot of the same issues I have with my keyboard.

-Keys sometimes become "stuck," but not physically stuck. This is either a driver or hardware issue and requires you to unplug and re-plug your keyboard to fix it. (this includes one of the Media Keys, and will make your Window's Media Player go crazy)
    -The back light seems to turn on and off at random intervals.
    -After 8 months of use my WASD keys are nearly unrecognizable.
    -The macro program included is the worst I've ever used and flat out doesn't work most of the time.
    -The Ghosting is terrible. Multiple useful key combos that I flat out can't use. (I.E. W, Q, and tilde can't be pressed at the same time. Tilde is my vent bind)

My Suggestion: Razer seems to make good mice, but terrible keyboards. I'll make sure to read lots of Newegg reviews before I buy my next keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am waiting for the SWTOR keyboard, even though it will be massively over priced and the game may fail, I just think it looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    If you have the budget for the BlackWidow, then get it. The Lycosa isn't a bad keyboard, but the BlackWidow is an amazing keyboard. /shrug
    <--has Blackwidow
    Blue switches. All reviews I hear about it is less than stellar. Gets worn out quick. Bad keyboard for the money.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Blue switches. All reviews I hear about it is less than stellar. Gets worn out quick. Bad keyboard for the money.
    Mine seem fine and I'm on my computer all day constantly typing... -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    better then typing on blacks, your fingers will wear out from micro fractures

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    better then typing on blacks, your fingers will wear out from micro fractures
    Than, and also, I thought this was concerning gaming-keyboards? Blues are quite poor in that field, I'm given to understand. :P
    I'd rather have brown all-across.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    I have had the Lycosa for about 8 months now, and I would advise against buying it. If you look at the reviews on Newegg you will find that this keyboard has 40-50% negative reviews. I love my Razer Naga, but this keyboard is garbage. Just skimming over the reviews I see a lot of the same issues I have with my keyboard.

-Keys sometimes become "stuck," but not physically stuck. This is either a driver or hardware issue and requires you to unplug and re-plug your keyboard to fix it. (this includes one of the Media Keys, and will make your Window's Media Player go crazy)
    -The back light seems to turn on and off at random intervals.
    -After 8 months of use my WASD keys are nearly unrecognizable.
    -The macro program included is the worst I've ever used and flat out doesn't work most of the time.
    -The Ghosting is terrible. Multiple useful key combos that I flat out can't use. (I.E. W, Q, and tilde can't be pressed at the same time. Tilde is my vent bind)

My Suggestion: Razer seems to make good mice, but terrible keyboards. I'll make sure to read lots of Newegg reviews before I buy my next keyboard.
    Second that, only i didnt wait 8 months to ditch that garbage, but after 3 days i ended up giving it to my sister. What im using now is a Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard :

edit: AND OMG THE FINGER PRINTS ON THE MIRRORED EDITION ::<<<<<

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ03-0...2380977&sr=1-2

(There is also the ULTIMATE: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ03-0...2380977&sr=1-1)

And am quite happy with it, the response time between key pressed and action triggered is amazing. Unlike Lycosa, the anti-ghosting seems to work.
    Last edited by Kibu; 2011-08-03 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Than, and also, I thought this was concerning gaming-keyboards? Blues are quite poor in that field, I'm given to understand. :P
    I'd rather have brown all-across.
    as i always understood:

blacks: fastest response, silent, best for gaming in the same way that 80 extra buttons on a mouse are best
    blues: clicky sound and feel, best for typing, has the mechanical feel
    browns: just a lightweight blue, less force needed for pressing, and not as loud as blues, but functionally the same

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    as i always understood:

blacks: fastest response, silent, best for gaming in the same way that 80 extra buttons on a mouse are best
    blues: clicky sound and feel, best for typing, has the mechanical feel
    browns: just a lightweight blue, less force needed for pressing, and not as loud as blues, but functionally the same
    The blues are also two-staged. Meaning, the top part pushes down, reaches the lower part, which is then pushed down independantly.

Example and difference;

and

So I'd avoid gaming on blues. :P
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the Newegg feedback is very, very different from what was said on Amazon. A lot of what was said has put me off the Black Widow.

I am currently using a G11, I got it refurbished and the keys stick down and sometimes for the ` to work, I need to have no other buttons held down (which sucks when tilda is interrupt and shift + tilda is focus interrupt).

What kind of keyboard has Cherry MX Brown switches? Or can you suggest something instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Wow, the Newegg feedback is very, very different from what was said on Amazon. A lot of what was said has put me off the Black Widow.

I am currently using a G11, I got it refurbished and the keys stick down and sometimes for the ` to work, I need to have no other buttons held down (which sucks when tilda is interrupt and shift + tilda is focus interrupt).

What kind of keyboard has Cherry MX Brown switches? Or can you suggest something instead?
    The only ones availible in Swedia are made by Filco, and imported from the UK. Only ones I know of with proper keyplacings for Swedish layouts. (like § to the left of 1!)
    I'll go dig it up for you.
    Try here; http://www.keyboardco.com/
    &nbsp;

MX Brown, and what I use:

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/

A
    bit more expensive, has a student discount of 20% if you are one. I prefer it to blues, not quite as loud (though I love loud, my wife doesn't). It beats the crap out of the Blackwidow Ultimate and for less price.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the United Kingdom, I doubt they could count my student-ness and I imagine the P&P is hell. Not to mention I'm tired of US layout after this G11.

I'm from the United Kingdom, I doubt they could count my student-ness and I imagine the P&P is hell. Not to mention I'm tired of US layout after this G11.
    http://www.getdigital.de/products/Da...S_Professional