Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Grease View Post
    Actually there are approximately 0 people unhappy about pandas.
    I like the idea so everyone else must do as well.

Nice ignorant logic champ. I hate the idea, not too bothered about it if they are just npcs but as someone said up top, if they become playable i will likely quit because thats beyond bizarre.

You guys are jumping the gun a bit. Wait a bit and see if blizz actually announces it as an expansion before you start getting unhappy/happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Grease View Post
    The only bad part about BWD and BoT is we had to do them for 8 months. You're trying too hard to hate cataclysm.
    I don't hate cataclysm, what are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    The whole thing is a big mistake if you ask me.

First of all, the name. Pandaria It has the word Panda in it. We all know what a panda is. It's a unique animal, that only lives in China.

How does this fit into WOW universe? Yeah ok they were a sideshow in WC3, but to make them the them for a whole expansion?

They are basically going to be freaking teddy bears. It's way too cutesy and doesn't fit well within the WOW universe, the more I think about it the more I hate it.

I'd be ok with pandarea being a single zone, and the panda men being an npc faction within that zone (like the tuskarr). But they've named the whole expansion after them.

I can see it now, everything is going to have a Chinese theme, and cute pot belly teddy bears everywhere.

Maybe the 5th expansion will be called the red sands of Australia, with koalas and kangaroos as the new playable races..
    It's probably a sub-race of the furlbolgs. So there's another "teddy bear" race. The WoW universe has a huge lore about the bear race and 2 bear demigods. So I don't see the problem adding the pandaren to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I like the idea so everyone else must do as well.

Nice ignorant logic champ. I hate the idea, not too bothered about it if they are just npcs but as someone said up top, if they become playable i will likely quit because thats beyond bizarre.
    And spacegoats, man-cows, gnomes with pink moustaches are not bizarre right?

Deleted

First of all, the name. Pandaria It has the word Panda in it. We all know what a panda is. It's a unique animal, that only lives in China.

might be the reason the first pandaren version was changed from a more japanese to the now known chinese style pandaren? welcome to the last decade

How does this fit into WOW universe? Yeah ok they were a sideshow in WC3, but to make them the them for a whole expansion?

how do the spacemonkeys fit into it? or horde paladins or any other topic people have been bitching about in the last 6+ years (and there are still about 10 million people playing, so obviously they did not quit yet, despite their promises *G*)

They are basically going to be freaking teddy bears. It's way too cutesy and doesn't fit well within the WOW universe, the more I think about it the more I hate it.

right, because azeroth ain't all cuddly

I'd be ok with pandarea being a single zone, and the panda men being an npc faction within that zone (like the tuskarr). But they've named the whole expansion after them.

I can see it now, everything is going to have a Chinese theme, and cute pot belly teddy bears everywhere.

Maybe the 5th expansion will be called the red sands of Australia, with koalas and kangaroos as the new playable races..

actually the pandaren are quite the nice race, and they'd add some nice moves

http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag.../Pandaren2.JPG

you call THAT a teddy? then i call worgen puppies

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I LoL at that WotLK has been so bad compared to BC in all aspects of the game.
    Nobody said this pre Cata. Now nobody is dissing Cata..

Anyway.. Pretty much what Ukrainium said, I may quit if they are brought in, they are just. No.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    I don't hate the idea, but if Pandarens become a playable race I'll quit.
    No, you won't. No need to ask me how i know, but you are NOT going to quit this game because a race becomes playable. That i can know for sure.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

Who cares /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point no, Blizzard Activision, couldn't do any more to disappoint me at this point, if SWOR winds up being good enough to be a replacement for my sci fiction taste, then, I would be pretty much done with Blizzard except for WoW, and once that's done, I wont be buying another WoW product in the future. I think greed became more important than, a quality product.

Why would I be unhappy at something that doesn't affect me in any way? Oh wait, i'm a wow player I must kick and scream at everything, got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm unhappy but I think it's a stupid idea.
    I don't get it. There are already antorpomorphic cows in the game. What's wrong with pandas?

how do the spacemonkeys fit into it? or horde paladins or any other topic people have been bitching about in the last 6+ years (and there are still about 10 million people playing, so obviously they did not quit yet, despite their promises *G*)
    I don't wish to partake in this discussion that you were having in any other way, but just this one thing. There are people that quit, but becouse the game is cartoonish and designed more towards the ADHD community now than before, there are eventually more players.

I don't think im wrong when I say that 800 000 - 3 million people have quite since BC came. But becouse there are always new players coming, the effect won't be very noticeable at all.

This is also why I think Blizzard is doing a great oversight by not implementing Vanilla realms. To buy a normal acc and 10 bucks for a "Vanilla pass" would be a great business model, imo. Vanilla pass would be 3-6 months and you could have access to Vanilla realms during that time. My estimate is that there will be 100 000- 200 000 players playing it easily. It's something you could do when you get bored in the current becouse let's face it, there isn't that much content to play around with anymore, becouse the game is being designed towards the ADHD mentality.
    Last edited by mmocdf22af34e1; 2011-08-03 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margret View Post
    Nobody said this pre Cata. Now nobody is dissing Cata..

Anyway.. Pretty much what Ukrainium said, I may quit if they are brought in, they are just. No.
    This is because one thing.

Past is awesome, Future is even more awesome, Current sucks.

Which it's unfortunate for those people that think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    No, you won't. No need to ask me how i know, but you are NOT going to quit this game because a race becomes playable. That i can know for sure.
    there won't be new races in back to back expansions, they seem to be staggering races and classes. TBC = two races, WOTLK = class, Cata = two races, Panda shit = class. Maybe the class will be Brewmaster?

this needs to stop, all you have is the potential name of an upcomming expansion, and you already hate it? this reminds be of all the cataclysm hate when the leak was... leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    We only got one thing, and that is a name. And it's epic, because there nothing about Pandaria at all in lore, which gives one thing: A place where Blizzard can create total new lore and awesomeness.
    I was about to tell you that you were wrong, that we know a little bit, but then I realized that almost everything that has ever been said about the Pandaren and Pandaria was said in the RPG Books, which are non-canon.

I, for one, am as excited as I have ever been in my five years of playing World of Warcraft, Pandaren have been my favorite race since Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. And even if they don't add them as a playable race, I look forward to the potential Pandaren lore we may experience.

Theme deviation and pandaren >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> another fucking dragons n druids piece of shit, or undead, or any of the 2-3 things Warcraft runs into the floorboards.

A centralized Asian-type continent with the polish and attention to detial and blending that Northrend had would be insanely gorgeous.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

No-one thought Belfs and Draenei would be playable races because hten it didn't make sense.
    No-one thought it'd be Goblins and Worgen.
    You don't think Pandaren will fit? They will, you just don't know how yet.

Deleted
    I would have preferred to see more of the Ethereals, as a playable race tbh...

The whole pandaren thing smacks of... well, kiddie stuff. Perhaps it is because of Kung Fu Panda. And I have nothing against Kung Fu Panda, it was a pretty awesome film actually... but I don't want it in World of Warcraft.

Tauren are based off minotaur which are a fantasy staple. Right along, WoW has done well with adapting your classic LOTR/D&D stuff... but the pandaren always seemed to be too jokey to be used anywhere outside of a gag. I guess now they're "legit" and coming in, whole hog?

"The Burning Crusade" ... "Wrath of the Lich King" ... "Cataclysm" ... these themes have all been 'grown up,' yet "Mists of Pandaland" (you might as well call it that) doesn't strike the same chord. At all.