Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Manga] What the hell is going on in Bleach right now?

Warning for possible spoilers if you aren't up to date with the manga :P

I just wonder, what the hell is going on? Ichigo obtain one power after another, and then he loses them too. And now, did he lose his fullbring after two episodes? Or did it merge with his old shinigami powers as Rukia stabbed him?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Ginjo took his Fullbring powers, while Ichigo got his Shinigami powers back through a sinister plan where they forced Rukia to participate. Next up, he explodes, looks beast and only has shinigami powers (and hollow?) but his Fullbring is gone. And it better be, I don't want him to look like a power ranger. Nice move by Ginjo, he can take that suit and fugly power to his grave.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looked like more of a merge of his Fullbring and Shinigami powers, than a some kind of hollow+shinigami merge. On the other hand, his fullbring looked like a merge of his shinigami and hollow powers. So I guess it's a merge of everything. I want clarifications D:
    Vol'jin fanboy

15+ Year Old Account
    It is nice that Byakuya has finally allowed Rukia to become a Vice Captain.

Deleted
    The gradual disintegration of a once credible plot into nonsense.

Deleted
    I assume Kubo is well past milking it at this point. With an unkillable protagonist cast and even Aizen unable to be put down, it's just... ugh.

Keep your fullbring powers, I just seriously dont care anymore ichigo :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    The gradual disintegration of a once credible plot into nonsense.
    I have to agree. It was so fucking epic just before the battle with Aizen were Aizen just buttfucked the entire 13th squad including the head captain, then died several times just to evolve again and again and again and again and again each time he lost/died.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    It is nice that Byakuya has finally allowed Rukia to become a Vice Captain.
    Yeah, she have shorter hair too!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    I assume Kubo is well past milking it at this point. With an unkillable protagonist cast and even Aizen unable to be put down, it's just... ugh.

I believe so too, but things are so out of hand. I don't even understand what a fullbring really is, and some fullbrings are just retardedly overpowered to be honest. One cut and you will be mindcontrolled?
    Last edited by Shawaam; 2011-08-03 at 03:26 PM.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    I don't get it anymore! if they ould make him a shinigami again by stabbing him why didn't they do that at the start -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeklor View Post
    I don't get it anymore! if they ould make him a shinigami again by stabbing him why didn't they do that at the start -.-
    Very good point. Well, I can only asume there is something else involved.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    Yea i don't think Kubo would simply leave it at that. Remember a few chapters back Ichigo's father did something whit Urahara...

The only thing I seem to understand, is how incredibly fashionable everybody looks...all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    I have to agree. It was so fucking epic just before the battle with Aizen were Aizen just buttfucked the entire 13th squad including the head captain, then died several times just to evolve again and again and again and again and again each time he lost/died.
    The rot began after the Soul Society period - one of the finest arcs in any manga. Hueco Mundo was largely tedious with "I cut you! I cut you harder!" battles and Ichigo's personal development becoming an incompehensible train-wreck of random power-ups totally disconnected from what was seen previously. The showdown with Aizen was terrible in so many ways, and this new arc feels very much as if the author is making it up as he goes along - as if Aizen was meant to be the final battle but now his publisher has come along and offered him monies to keep writing broken crap for w/e magazine and TV company is benefitting from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There something about "mindbreak" or memory changing that pisses me off!
    Just hope he slaughters them both.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

dude i LOVED this chapter it was amazing, i dont think anything is wrong with bleach atm its just your expectations are high and thats why some people get mad. I thought something like this was going to happen but i didnt think it was going to be rukia giving him his power back. i love rukias new look and zangestu looks awesome along with ichigos new outfit, cant wait til this gets animated

Was so happy when i saw Ichigo got his shinigami powers back, his sword even looks more badass :P but basically: Ginjo was working with tsukishima all along, and now he turned on ichigo, which is when Rukia turned up and gave ichigo powers, just like the first time, Ginjo just got cut by tsukishima to be more convincing when teaming up with ichigo, now that he cut him again, he turned back to normal (Ginjo) and is siding with tsukishima again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    With an unkillable protagonist cast and even Aizen unable to be put down, it's just... ugh.
    That was terrible. When Aizen one-mans the entire cast and gives some flimsy "Oh ho ho, I'm so awesome and smart that I'm not going to kill you!" excuse in the name of preserving fanservice, you know something's wrong.

It was an intriguing series when it got off the ground (aka Soul Society arc), and I even had a soft spot for some of the Espada, but it got old quickly and descended into the usual random power-up nonsense Zotan mentioned.

Dunno, I still enjoy reading it though.

Kubo does have a weakness in that he has a hard time developing characters, which is why he makes way too many.

I think the whole Aizen thing was "not done well" but wasn't as horrible as some people make it out to be. And honestly what needs to happen, is for Uryu and Chad to get strong enough to participate in important fights :P

I do agree the Fullbring looked funky.

I'm annoyed that Ginjo was "evil all along"

But hey, it's still a fun read, since we've got this big underplot regarding the King of the Soul Society still going.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    dude i LOVED this chapter it was amazing, i dont think anything is wrong with bleach atm its just your expectations are high and thats why some people get mad. I thought something like this was going to happen but i didnt think it was going to be rukia giving him his power back. i love rukias new look and zangestu looks awesome along with ichigos new outfit, cant wait til this gets animated
    But nothing makes any sense! Random gains and losses in power the entire time. And why didn't Rukia just give him his powers back from the start then? And yeah, everything is confusing.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    But nothing makes any sense! Random gains and losses in power the entire time. And why didn't Rukia just give him his powers back from the start then? And yeah, everything is confusing.
    because if you see clearly Rukia didnt stab Ichigo with her own sword.It is the sword that Urahara and Ichigo`s dad made

p.s. Mooncutter is different now and it looks cooler
    Last edited by mmoca6c21a6882; 2011-08-03 at 03:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Aizen is still alive? LOL. (I stopped watching the series around the time when the 12 shinigami captains came to the town to battle aizens group and nothing really happened for 6 episodes)
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!