Deleted

Is my PC breaking down?

Hi MMO-C.
    A couple of months ago i could raid with my PC at a safe 25-30 FPS with fair-good settings (25man).
    Today I thought i'd raid with a few friends (also 25man). I had noticed my FPS was quite low today before this. So when we bulled beth, i was stuck at 1-2 fps.

My specs are something along the lines of

Intel i5-650
    Sapphire Radeon 5770
    2GB Ram (don't think this is the problem, as i have went with this for almost a year)
    450w Antec psu
    and 500GB storage.

ANY help would be appreciated.
    And no, my PC isnt burning of heat

Oh and I checked the performance thingy on my PC. Graphics are at 7.6 and CPU at 4.4. Making 4.4 the lowest rating. Has been around 6 before or so..
    Last edited by mmoc265e08cf5b; 2011-08-03 at 06:41 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Delete your WTF / Cache / Interface folders and update video card drivers then get back to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Delete your WTF / Cache / Interface folders and update video card drivers then get back to us.
    Done.
    My drivers are AMD Catalyst 11.6 and there is no new updates.
    Cleared what you said I should and I have about 14 FPS in sw, 20 when i fly up and look at the sky

Any other drivers that were updated recently? Besides the ones for peripherals.
    Is your computer slower outside of WoW as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Any other drivers that were updated recently? Besides the ones for peripherals.
    Is your computer slower outside of WoW as well?
    Nope, haven't updated anything that could interfere..
    And yes. My pc is slower in general. Also noting that it was formatted like 2 weeks ago.

Still most likely to be software, IMO.
    Could be a virus, some screwup in the OS...
    If not, I'd guess it's either the HDD for which you could run a diagnostic or possibly the PSU that's starting to give up. Again, just a guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    temporarily remove all addons (move interface folder somewhere else). See if that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    temporarily remove all addons (move interface folder somewhere else). See if that helps.
    I did that as I completely deleted Cache/WTF/Interface folders