View Poll Results: Should Druids get an absorption shield?

Voters
176. This poll is closed
  • Yes, they need one!

31 17.61%
  • No, Druids are Fine!

86 48.86%
  • Maybe, depends on what procs the shield.

42 23.86%
  • Herp Derp!!! That would be OP!!! Derp!

65 36.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    It's true, we topped the charts back in TBC. However, holy paladins in season 5 anyone?

Also, did you ever play 3v3 in Wrath? Because I can tell you there were other classes who easily could compete with resto druids in majority of setups.
    Easily compete yes, but never outmatch a Rdruid... just no, Rdruid were better than priest and shaman still. But I guess its like TBC where all shamans whined about how badly they were wanting to get improvements.
    Guess we never can be without crying classes in any way (even if that class had been on top of the game for several years).

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beonopsontgut View Post
    *Let* others be king of the hill? I think you misunderstand this hill. Come and take my hill, if you dare.
    I think your comment is a bit meh, what exactly are you making fun of?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    No need for homogenization, just undo the nerfs:

- PvP4 Set Bonus removed (+15% movement speed in Bear, Cat and Travel)
    - Cyclone range nerfed (-10y)
    - 1s immunity to snare/root when shifting removed
    - Feral Charge removed
    - Lifebloom limited to 1 target
    - HoTs made comparatively useless
    - ToL as a PvE ability
    As far as I know, the PvP 4 piece that increases movement speed by 15% in all forms has ALWAYS been Feral-only. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure on this.

And, Feral Charge? How long has it been since Resto could actually use that? TBC? Anyway, it's not like they need such a thing, rather fix what needs fixing. In other words: Fix it so Resto Druids don't die in a 3-second hardswap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druids are quite fine though, you just need another playstyle. Sure, countering heavy bursting aint our thing, but no one can be best at everything.

RONG WHIT DOG!

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh sure, give disc a un-dispellable cyclone and maybe travel form while we are at it.

a earth shield mechanic for druid. gotta be kidding me lol.
    lor

voted all options because i couldnt make up my mind

No shields imo. Just buff druids casted single target spells. Shield on top of a hotted target would get ridiculous. Druids are a small tweek from being fine and and a good tweek from being the gods of wotlk again.
    Last edited by Shamygandof; 2011-08-04 at 10:27 PM.

You made me giggle. Good day to you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Resto Druids right now are in a very very bad place for PVP. Other healing classes get a type of shield when healing but druids. Yes Druids get strong HOTs but burst damage is not allowing HOTs to work properly. So why not add an absorption shield from a heal crit or some other mechanic.
    Either you didn't take the talent or you didn't read it. Living Seed is basically the equivalent of Earth Shield except it's put on by proccing a crit heal. So essentially Priests have Power Word: Shield, Holy Paladins have shields on heals, Resto Shamans have Shield via cast and has charges, Disc/Resto Druids have a shield via crit heal.

So what I'm basically getting is you want more shields?

Just a shot in the dark here...

Instead of a straight up shield how about some overhealing protection? What if the ticks from a HoT could actually extend the players health pool to a certain percent of the Druids spellpower?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosima View Post
    It's true, we topped the charts back in TBC. However, holy paladins in season 5 anyone?

Also, did you ever play 3v3 in Wrath? Because I can tell you there were other classes who easily could compete with resto druids in majority of setups.
    Holy paladins werent good in s5, they were prot due to superior survivability and single target healing.
    Resto druid is in a reasonable position. Resto shamans are just hugely overpowered.
    I would prefer it if a Holy Paladin had some kind of shield, preferably one that is used by Holy Power.
    While Resto Druids have a soul swap alike tool for HoTs. They're just far to vulnerable to switches.
    Either that, or a 45sec CD that allows druids to apply 3 stacks of LB at once, thats 2 GCDs saved for more important things, especially to counter a target switch - or even a tank switch in PvE
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want