Borderlands 2 is confirmed to be in devolpement

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zht...400&highlight=

Fans can get their first glimpse of the bold evolution of the Role-Playing Shooter at Gamescom and PAX Prime 2011 this month
    NEW YORK, Aug 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the sequel to the extravasplosive breakout hit, Borderlands(TM), is currently in development at world-renowned developer Gearbox Software. Coming to the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC during Take-Two's fiscal year 2013 beginning on April 1, 2012, Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all-new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.
    2K Games and Gearbox Software are taking this show on the road, and fans and media will be able to get their first look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 - August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 - August 28. Eager gamers can learn more about Borderlands 2 right now by picking up the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine, which has the worldwide exclusive cover story on the title. Readers will find many game details inside the issue, including the first reveal of one of the several new character classes being introduced in Borderlands 2.
    About Borderlands

Taking the gaming world by storm, Borderlands delivered its unique flavor of humorous and lovable characters and addictive non-stop collaborative loot-hunting gameplay on an unsuspecting populace. The critically acclaimed and best-selling Role-Playing-Shooter, as well as its four downloadable expansion packs, captured the imagination and attention of single-player and cooperative gamers around the world.
    Official Borderlands 2 website- http://www.borderlands2.com/

And there's going be a 12 page cover in Gameinformer on the game in September- http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...0-3458572.aspx

The game is set for release between April 1, 2012, and March 31,2013.

Im going to be broke from all of these releases that are planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yes. Just spent the whole weekend beating Borderlands 1 with a friend.

The projected release dates however make me suspicious.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-08-03 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Just wet myself a little

Awesome, borderlands was so much fun, hopefully they can at least make a few more differences between classes, only 1 unique skill wasn't enough for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

This is great news, the first game may have had its share of shortcomings, but it was some of the most fun I've ever had in coop multiplayer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yes, borderlands has got to be one of the best if not THE best game i've played with friends. I loved it and just hope the 2nd is as good if not better than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Im going to be broke from all of these releases that are planned.
    If you're like me, you wont.

A lot of games that look awesome will turn out to be shit due to lack of content and terrible gameplay.

I thought I was going to be buying tons of good games this year.

DA:2
    Black Ops
    Brink
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Duke Nukem Forever
    And I'm sure there's more..

I bought all these games and I wish I didn't. The marketing and publicity for these games made them look amazing. After playing them I started to regret.

None of these games were as fun as they seemed to be.

Whether it be a lack of content, short campaigns, breaking off from the originals, terrible MP balancing, dumbing down graphics and terrible controls due to it being a console port they all turned out bad imo.

I'll never pre-order a game again which in hindsight will save me money(unless it's from Vavle ofc).

From a very long time PC gamer. Days of great games are soon to be gone.

This just made my day. Thank you. I wish there was a playthrough 3, and 4, and 5.

I'm mildly interested. The first one had promise but I didn't enjoy it that much : /

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever
    You should have watched Totalhalibut's rant on how bad it was. Personally I bought dead rising 2, huge mistake don't do it. One of the laziest shittiest designed games currently out there.
    Gaze long unto an abyss, and the abyss will gaze back unto you.

I hope they fix the lagg on XBL and driving in the sequel. Anything else would be a nice bonus.

YES YES YES YES YES YES!
    Hope that they learn from there mistakes in the first one and make this game better

Already knew it was gonna happen, read something a while back that asked them if they were planning on making a second one and they said they didn't see why not seeing how successful the first one was.