Critique my Disc Priest

I am about to start Firelands raiding and wanted to get a critique on my priest. I will be getting the Blacksmith mace today and I already have the offhand from the dailys. I will put power torrent on the mace and +40 int on the offhand. I mostly run with a holy paladin and a resto druid so I keep 1 tank up and help the resto druid on raid heals. The holy paladin heals both tanks, and the resto druid is strictly on raid heals.

I have tried to gear towards keeping mastery>haste=crit

psyotik on sargeras - I cant hyperlink since I am new to the forums

Any good advice would be appreciated.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No advice for you, but I'll post your armory-
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yotik/advanced

thank you very much

Also while looking at my armory I noticed that I have the wrong gem in my boots it should have been +20 in +20 haste since I have been reforging out of some mastery into haste.

Deleted
    Everything looks fine though I would max out Divine fury. Greater heal and heal are slow enough as it is.

I'm sure they wanted to grab DP for an OH NO button...that is about the only place you can get that extra point that makes sense if you are going to be doing any tank healing and wanted to keep Inspiration.

You could probably drop the points in darkness if you wanted to though...that point in DF is worth more than 1 percent haste I believe. It looks like you are making a damage reduction build with your choice in a fill on Inner Sanctum. I am going to use this for Rags tonight. I don't lean on my PW:S button too much so I can get away with the lower points in Mental Agility and SoS.

Deleted
    some things i´d change

dont go for socket bonuses unless its +20 int -> put 40 int in all other

and why do you enchant haste on your boots and mastery on your gloves?
    id go for lavawalker on boots tbh (faster movement and 35 mastery)

and a personal thing im doing on my discpriest is going for full mastery instead of haste
    your spec also seems a little bit weird -> http://wowtal.com/#k=veN3nvAm.b0w.priest.-TUadU
    thats what im using on my disc priest

Quote Originally Posted by psyotik123 View Post
    I have tried to gear towards keeping mastery>haste=crit
    Your armory suggests you value stats differently (Haste over Mastery). What you should be doing will vary on your raid and your role. As a raid healer in a 10-man raid group, haste is generally king. In 25-man, it depends a lot on your casting. If you cast mainly Prayer of Healing using Power Word: Shield only to proc Rapture, you'll benefit more from haste than mastery. If you're able to spam Power Word: Shield, go mastery. For tank healing, haste and crit are strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzer View Post
    I don't lean on my PW:S button too much so I can get away with the lower points in Mental Agility and SoS.
    I definitely would not recommend skipping Strength of Soul if your primary role is as a tank healer like the op mentions. Power Word: Shield with Strength of Soul is incredible for fights where you are primarily tank healing.
    Last edited by Gaffer; 2011-08-04 at 09:27 AM.

Well the thing is my role changes constantly since I run 10 mans. I must have started gearing towards haste lately since I was wanting to hit 2.1 on my POH. I pretty much am assigned our OT to keep alive at all times, The Paladin keeps beacon on him. And I also spam POH & POM during heavy raid damage phases. So Im not playing a single role so I was trying to keep everything equal with mastery slightly higher.

The reason that I didn't get the +run speed to boots is because I switch to inner will any time that I need to move quickly. Which is also when I'm casting more instant cast spells so the mana reduction helps. And the +speed does not stack. I used haste because I was trying to balance the stats.

And my spec, I don't know if I can live without desperate prayer in 10 mans it has saved us many times to have an instant low mana cost heal on myself. I find it better to be alive than to have slightly higher throughput.
    Last edited by psyotik123; 2011-08-04 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd max out Divine Fury.

The faster you can cast those Greater Heals the more often you can get your Inner Focus off CD

Well the thing is my role changes constantly since I run 10 mans. I must have started gearing towards haste lately since I was wanting to hit 2.1 on my POH.
    In 10-mans, haste wins no matter what so you're doing it right.

The reason that I didn't get the +run speed to boots is because I switch to inner will any time that I need to move quickly.
    I find it hard to believe that anyone is capable of effectively doing this. Even if you can, you are wasting globals that could be spent on instant heals. That said, despite the raging cries against it, there isn't a whole lot wrong with using Inner Will all the time and especially as Discipline.

And my spec, I don't know if I can live without desperate prayer in 10 mans it has saved us many times to have an instant low mana cost heal on myself. I find it better to be alive than to have slightly higher throughput.
    If you don't feel you can sacrifice Desperate Prayer, you need to drop a point from Darkness in favor of Divine Fury.

I respec'd last night. I updated 1 gem since there was only 1 brilliant ruby on the AH. I guess I will update my boot enchant tonight as well. How much should I reforge into haste? and should I keep mastery or crit up for my role?

I respec'd last night. I updated 1 gem since there was only 1 brilliant ruby on the AH. I guess I will update my boot enchant tonight as well. How much should I reforge into haste? and should I keep mastery or crit up for my role?
    I would heavily suggest getting as much haste as possible, then keep whatever crit you can get.

Mastery is a good stat if your shield spamming, but in almost every other situation it will be worse then crit and haste. Crit is great in 10s because of your ability to easily swap between tank and raid healing as needed. (It Scales better then Mastery during PoH spam, and is significantly stronger then mastery for tank healing). Your spec looks fine now, fairly standard. If you feel you can drop Desperate Prayer for a point in darkness, it might be beneficial. (You can pretty much use PW:S as Desperate Prayer in almost any situation.)

I'm not entirely sure what your regen is like... But your spirit pool seems fairly low for your intellect levels. If your having issues with it reforge some of your pieces with haste mastery into spirit (Mst --> spirit)

One last point, I suggest running the PoH glyph over the barrier glyph. The barrier glyph can be extremely powerful in 25 mans, but in 10 mans with at most 3 healers (usually at least one of which is dedicated to tanks who are typically not under your barrier) leaves only 2 healers getting 10% healing for 10 seconds, where as PoH glyph is usually 2-3% of my healing over the course of an entire fight.

I seem to be fine on spirit at the moment, probably due to running the 4 piece T11 bonus. I will reforge more towards haste>crit>mastery. I will consider dropping dp at some point but Its very nice in ZA/ZG and currently still running them weekly for valor cap. The glyph's I change out so and I normally have glyph of poh.