Battlefront 3 in developement

Video with proof in link. Disclaimer: I just found this on youtube and have no connections with the author. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDBpI...eature=feedlik looked convincing.
    Gaze long unto an abyss, and the abyss will gaze back unto you.

Deleted
    Oh man! i remember picking up battlefront 1 being the little awkward nerd i was back in 6th grade.
    also i was a big fan of the second!

A definetly must buy for me : D (if its real)

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be in the Video Games Forum!

But if this is legit, I don't know how I'd feel about it. The first was epic, but I was severely disappointed with the second iteration.

Oh this wasn't in video games, sorry. Anyways it looks exciting as long as they include some next gen creativity!
    Gaze long unto an abyss, and the abyss will gaze back unto you.

I've been hoping for BF3 for a long time. I played the crap out of BF2(hundreds of hours). I kind of gave up on ever seeing BF3. From my understanding they tried to develop it, but it kept switching developers and now it's just dead in the water.

So until I see a story from a major website, or they announce it themselves, I won't get my hopes up.

i spent so many hours of my life on battlefield 2, specifically wake island..I was almost always the US (Loved flying the f-35b and the helo) so many good times...life. well. spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    YESSS!! Loved the first two games. Can't wait for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    i spent so many hours of my life on battlefield 2, specifically wake island..I was almost always the US (Loved flying the f-35b and the helo) so many good times...life. well. spent.
    Can't tell if you are trolling or just stupid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Take my money now if its true.

But who would make it? Not the old studio, and a new studio would probably be out of touch with it. DICE maybe, but then its a reskinned Battlefield 3, not really complaining since Battlefield 3 has an awesome engine. Not many studios have had success in the FPS genre lately (MP wise). You pretty much have Battlefield and COD and about 4-5 none BF/COD FPS games that people played. Also what storyline would they use? They've almost exhausted the movies, certainly don't want to see it set around Old Republic. Maybe post Return of the Jedi.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2011-08-07 at 03:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooooooooooooo

Can't wait!

i played battlefront 1 so much when i was like 14, i loved that game, i played it endlessly for hours it was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the proof again?
    "Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves."
    -Carl Sagan