10+ Year Old Account

Question SSD for laptop...

I have an asus g73 gaming laptop. I want to put a SSD i it for faster performance. would this fight in the laptop? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167047

anyone else have and recommendation?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Any current SSD will fit on any regular size laptop, only netbooks might be using smaller discs. Intel 320 is known to have issues, so buying it is not recommended. Corsair Force F115 has probably best $/GB ratio for a reliable disc, that's what I would buy even though it's last year's model.

Not entirely sure about g73 but I think you can plug in two HDDs on it, so it would be pretty painless to put SSD into primary disc slot and move the old HDD into secondary slot and reinstalling stuff on the SSD.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    any help would be awesome
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    The 320s have a problem that a very limited number of disks are showing up as 8MB instead of 80GB or whatever. Intel recently said they have a fix incoming, so I wouldn't worry about it.

There are many good SSDs out there, but the 320 is definitely near the top in your price range.

You can buy the OEM version and save $25 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167049
    O
    nly difference is that it doesn't come in a shiny box, and doesn't have a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter which you don't need anyway
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Yeah man it will fit, and id be willing to bet you notice the difference during the install process of the speed. I am not certain but Id guess the laptop came with one of those old as crap 5400RPM HDD they like to throw in laptops or possibly a 7200RPM which either way it will be a huge increase in performance when booting, loading applications and other things all of which save you time which is the point in a laptop to begin with. GO for it!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do it. Any SSD should fit, like Vesseblah said. You will see a huge increase in productivity and speed. If you want to install Win7 on it however you'll need the disk/good cloning software. (either or)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water