Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Patient Melilithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 146 Dimensions
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Next week, they announce a drop in subscription prices and free wotlk, to go along with the new vanilla+bc pack.while, of course, keeping the game up with shitty updates
    I kinda wish that first part was true.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

    The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

  2. #22
    Patch 4.3 will be the "largest content update since Cataclysm"
    This doesn't really mean much since we've just had baby patches so far. I would hope they could match up to the icc patch if 4.3 is deathwing, 3.3 came with 3 5mans and a raid.
    Last edited by wow; 2011-08-04 at 04:51 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rensyk View Post
    Biggest content patch ever aye? I expect 2+ Raids from that personally.
    Not biggest ever, biggest since Cataclysm, basically a 4.1 and 4.2 combined, I would assume.

  4. #24
    eL oU eL

    WoW is fine, l2p

    /sarcasm off

    4.3 Will bring you new epic raid, with 5 bosses and 2 dungeons, 2 bosses each! Since WoW fans cried for old sets, we decided to bring them back with buffed stats! In Addition new questing hub shall be created, with 10 daily quests in total. Rewards are amazing! A snake pet, a tabard, food, and recipes! As a sneak peak of what waits for you, we can say one thing... "... it was only a setback!".

  5. #25
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    It makes me happy to see more people leaving the game. As sick and twisted as that sounds, maybe blizzard will wake the fuck up and make tier accessible to non-raiders like it was in WotLK. Or at least give casuals something to do with rewards that aren't recolored rehashed shit, while raiders get all the new shinies. The new quest zone was a joke; I saw the rewards, I saw how little they value their casual players. "Just give em recolored rares, they'll eat it up. toss in a recolored mount too for kicks" No thank you blizzard, my money will go elsewhere. Make your game casual friendly like it was in WotLK and we'll talk about me re-subbing. If it takes another 1,100,000 people to leave to make a round two million, I hope blizzard it will get blizzard to fix their shit. I want to play WoW, but not in an environment where I have no hope for obtaining an armor set unless I'm a hardcore raider.
    Then what's the point of raiding? It's nice to have stuff not every other person on the server has. T11 is easily accessible right now you know right? After the nerfs you have to actual try hard to wipe the raid on MOST bosses.

    Oh and me having a near full heroic t11 set makes me a hardcore raider? Not really. Oh and why the need for the best raid gear obtainable if all it's used for is doing 5 mans?
    <Alone>
    Ranikotar

    I'm not a smart man.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Eh a loss in subscribers is still a loss.

    Thats almost a million in less than a year.
    Isn't the 600k in the exams period (Schools , university ) and the 300k in the summer period ? Plus 4.2 and Cata in China wasn't released yet in Q2 .

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Or Ranikotar it was people that are just bored of the content/pace of the game. That and the high initial cost to start playing and be able to do everything right now is over $100 so new subscribers are very wary of joining. All things die in time and it's not like WoW's really all that dead. 300k/12mil = 2%. Not much of a real loss. Other MMO's would kill to have half the subscribers that WoW has.
    In May, ActiBlizz reported WOW's membership numbers at 11.4M after losing 600K. So this would take them down to 11.1M, not the original 12M before the lose of 900K over the last two quarters. So if we want to take a number from 12M...they've lost 7.5% of the player base so far.

    I don't think WOW is dead...it is just getting old for those of us that have been with it since the start. Things get repetitive and boring. Still love Blizzard, but interest has faded and time to try something else until the next XPac - if it is even worth coming back for. I would expect WOW's numbers to continue to go down until the next Xpac, especially with TOR launching at the end of the year. They'll probably see a loss of 300-600k from that, combined with other factors. I would not be shocked to see the player base fall below 10M unless there is a massive bump from Brasil. Not a bad thing though...it can serve as a good kick in the pants to the higher ups that they messed up with Cata and do better going forward.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranikotar View Post
    inb4 WoW is dieing...


    It's most likely 300k whiny people who can't get exactly what they want the way they want it.
    I'm one of those 300k and I'm not one of the "whiney people that didn't get what I want" that you speak of... As someone above me said, I've been playing this for 6+ years and the game is becoming stale. I'd rather leave and be thankful for the fond memories the game has given me.

    Please don't resort to generalisations.

  9. #29
    hubby thinks the new raid content is deathwing....i am on the fence with it but idk....i will continue to push through Firelands like I have been in hopes the next patch doesnt bring too many changes to classes and new raid/dungeon content that will give a little bit more of a challenge

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Isn't the 600k in the exams period (Schools , university ) and the 300k in the summer period ? Plus 4.2 and Cata in China wasn't released yet in Q2 .
    I am willing to bet, historically, WOW hasn't seen a massive subscriber shift during the conclusion of the school year. Some, but not 600K worth. I would expect a dip in the summer however, but it is going to be tough for them to get people back in the fall with competition ramping up from TOR. It is probably going to be flat to negative growth for the next 12 months until the Xpac rolls out.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moonkin View Post
    Forget two. They're going 3 or 4. Plus atleast 2 dungeons.

    Seriously though, I think that Blizzard will pull their weight in this patch, and for the 300k sub lost, in Q3, we have - WoW Brazil, Chinese Cata, 4.2 Resubs, so I think they game will stalemate there.
    Don't forget that the 4.2 resubs were included in the q2 report. They're down around 1 million subs since Cata launched. Spinning it as "Well, there's at least 10 mill still playing!" only goes so far.

    Blizzard's problem is that it cannot put out high quality content in a limited amount of time. Blizz promised more frequent updates so that content could be released as it's finished. It split 4.1 into two patches (five mans and half-size raid), but hasn't even bothered to announced 4.3 yet. Blizzard's updates are getting slower, which does not help when the content in these updates is barely compelling to begin with.

    The gamer paradigm is changing, too. Why spend $15 to play a game that's played out when you can spend $15 to play 5 games that give you multiple hours of play on mobile os or Steam?

    Don't get me wrong, I love WoW and love Blizzard games. WoW just has some fundamental development problems that have to be solved in order to stop bleeding subs. I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, losing 8% of your customer base in 6 months is terrible.

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,912
    Please Blizzard no more daily zones! Add a new raid, heroic, BG map or something unexpected! But no more dailies!!!

  13. #33
    I'm glad to see how declining as it may mean more variety in the MMO market. WoW's been on top for years now and it's time for a change

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzbutt View Post
    Don't forget that the 4.2 resubs were included in the q2 report. They're down around 1 million subs since Cata launched. Spinning it as "Well, there's at least 10 mill still playing!" only goes so far.

    Blizzard's problem is that it cannot put out high quality content in a limited amount of time. Blizz promised more frequent updates so that content could be released as it's finished. It split 4.1 into two patches (five mans and half-size raid), but hasn't even bothered to announced 4.3 yet. Blizzard's updates are getting slower, which does not help when the content in these updates is barely compelling to begin with.

    The gamer paradigm is changing, too. Why spend $15 to play a game that's played out when you can spend $15 to play 5 games that give you multiple hours of play on mobile os or Steam?

    Don't get me wrong, I love WoW and love Blizzard games. WoW just has some fundamental development problems that have to be solved in order to stop bleeding subs. I don't care what anyone says to the contrary, losing 8% of your customer base in 6 months is terrible.
    How can the 4.2 resubs be included in the Q2 report if 4.2 was released in Q3?

    Keep in mind they also announced releasing content patches more frequently just before releasing 4.1, so we really have nothing yet to seriously judge them on for this announcement as we have yet to see the next major patch after 4.2. So far they're keeping their word, by releasing a 5 man and then a raid shortly afterward while typically having only done that every 6 months before.

    4.2 has been out for 5 weeks now and you expect a 4.3 announcement already? Some of you have seriously flawed expectations of what they should be able to accomplish.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-08-04 at 04:53 AM.

  15. #35
    working as intended. D3 is merely a setback

  16. #36
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,745
    Yay 4.3 info. Cant wait for more on it!

  17. #37
    The Patient Melilithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 146 Dimensions
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Please Blizzard no more daily zones! Add a new raid, heroic, BG map or something unexpected! But no more dailies!!!
    Especially try to avoid ones that lag my laptop Blizz. Nothing else in the game does, but for some reason Molten Front... ugh.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

    The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    eL oU eL

    WoW is fine, l2p

    /sarcasm off

    .
    That's the problem. No one IS learning to play. they're all still facerolling.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

  19. #39
    the 300k subscribers were shaman.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    It makes me happy to see more people leaving the game. As sick and twisted as that sounds, maybe blizzard will wake the fuck up and make tier accessible to non-raiders like it was in WotLK. Or at least give casuals something to do with rewards that aren't recolored rehashed shit, while raiders get all the new shinies. The new quest zone was a joke; I saw the rewards, I saw how little they value their casual players. "Just give em recolored rares, they'll eat it up. toss in a recolored mount too for kicks" No thank you blizzard, my money will go elsewhere. Make your game casual friendly like it was in WotLK and we'll talk about me re-subbing. If it takes another 1,100,000 people to leave to make a round two million, I hope blizzard it will get blizzard to fix their shit. I want to play WoW, but not in an environment where I have no hope for obtaining an armor set unless I'm a hardcore raider.
    You are exactly what is wrong with this game and why it has become increasingly bad since the middle of BC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •