Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Didn't say it was as big as Cata, said it is the biggest patch since Cata came out :}

if it was that big we'd be paying £20 just to play it
    Biggest patch since Cata. 4.3 now with 8 bosses instead of 7 yeah lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by planetchips View Post
    How odd, I was thinking the same thing.

So dumb, to make such a pointless comment for the sole purpose of bragging about yourself because you stopped playing and that makes you "smart".

So dumb, that you now have more free time from not playing WoW and yet, you spend that time prancing on your high horse on a WoW site.

So very dumb.
    I must have made you really mad with the stuff i wrote

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raniela View Post
    So subscribers are leaving the game because there is poor content? because its getting "remaked" (omg ragnaros again)?? WRONG!!!! People are leaving because of guilds like paragon and all of those, and why? well its obvious, during TBC, there wasn't that OMG WORLD FIRST thing... and since woltk when they introduced the achievments ofc ppl lost a bit of they'r morale, what is the point in playing when the "top" guilds do everything in 1 week? ... That's it, there is NO point in playing the game, let the tops play, they can clear a full expansion pack in 1 or 2 weeks so just leave them ... i wont be suprised to see another 300k lost subscribers in the following days ... About patch 4.3 WTF is with that deathwing ideia? They "just" released cataclysm and u want deathwing already ... go ahead more 1M lost subscribers for that Others say, remake of AQ ... Seriously? what for ? to lose more subribers? If blizzard dont want this to happen i realy think they should introduce a boss that we never heard of, something BIG! and something SO FUCKING HARD that "top guilds" take at least 2 or 3 months to clear it, so we dont lose morale once again. About casuals, i have been thinking alot why u QQ so much about not being able to get "shiny's", are u guys even serious? u can get almost full t11 with just a few ZG/ZA, with the JP its UBER EASY, each week u get 980 VP, u can get t12 in a pair of weeks, seriously, ppl relay need to think before they make stupid reply's and come up with "deathwing on next patch" ideias
    THE OMG WORLD FIRST THING was there in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post
    300k Loss total? That my friends, Aint nothing.For me, I see even more people then before. Small realms migth be boring, yes, and that will make some quit. But if you play on a crowded realm, you might not even noticed the loss of players.There is like.....200 realms or smt? That would be 1500x accounts not unsubscribed on each realm in general.
    You need to look at the big picure. BetweenCataclysm and 4.1, WoW lost 600K subs. Between 4.1 and 4.2, they lost another 300K. That means 900,000 subs have gone *poof* since Cataclysm. Are you honestly telling me that almost a million subs is "nothing?"

As a raider, we had to wait seven and a half months for raid content. After months of nothing to do, I quit. When Firelands came out, I was on holiday, so was going to see how firelands panned out while I was away. My guild cleared normals in the first 2 weeks, and that was enough for me to NOT resubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShapatsky View Post
    I must have made you really mad with the stuff i wrote
    A lot of people get frustrated when they try to explain something simple and the person is just too dense to figure it out.

"Patch 4.3 will be the "largest content update since Cataclysm" Like cataclysm was the "largest expansion in terms of pvp and pve content yet"? Brace for 6 boss deathwing raid and another daily hub.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didnt expect them to attrackt even more players, but still 11 million players left, still amazing for a game thats 6 years old.1 million players gone with such an massive ammount of mmorpg on the market these days doesnt suprise me at all.

Forums logged me out and ate half my post. QQ

Basically, WoW's decline can be placed into three categories:

1) Personal achievements players used to work towards can now either be completed within a few weeks (lol heirlooms) , or such accomplishments can be completely negated by the next major content patch. (so i herd u leik nerfed content)

2) No incentive for servers to build their own communities anymore thanks to cross-server BGs/dungeon finder/realID dungeon finder. In result, players generally do not invest in enriching their server community, and it becomes no different from the other 240 servers that exist. (Though there are some exceptions to the rule)

3) Nothing new to look forward to. Much of the content this expansion is old stuff that has been given a fresh coat of paint and some polish. While I appreciate Blizzard updating the old world and its lore, I was less than impressed with the re-release of the troll dungeons. Not that I was impressed with them re-releasing Naxx in WotLK. People want new things. We like exploration. We like the unknown. We don't want re-releases of old content.

And while we're on the subject of stuff that shouldn't be done, do not want another ToGC. Don't ever do that again.
    Last edited by yutrio; 2011-08-04 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by planetchips View Post
    A lot of people get frustrated when they try to explain something simple and the person is just too dense to figure it out.
    I gave a reasonable answere, on why you were wrong with your point in my first reply, to you about news value and so on. And I am pretty sure that most of the population on the planet agrees with me on that matter, because that wasn't something i made up. It is also a huge field of sience within the academic world on that matter, that would back my statement. You just didn't read what i replied. Or maybe you did, but then you didn't understand me and you know, thats not my problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    hi "Kevin Michael Johnson"! WTF is up with your hair?!

well its obvious, during TBC, there wasn't that OMG WORLD FIRST thing
    If i recall correctly there was, for the sunwell at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post
    300k Loss total? That my friends, Aint nothing.For me, I see even more people then before. Small realms migth be boring, yes, and that will make some quit. But if you play on a crowded realm, you might not even noticed the loss of players.There is like.....200 realms or smt? That would be 1500x accounts not unsubscribed on each realm in general.
    It's nothing for you, but for Blizzard 900k out of 13M is something like 7% less players in 6 months.
    Assuming you have a job, would you be happy if your pay would be reduced by 7% every 6 months? Still nothing for you?

New 5-Man content, but hopefully no more revamped dungeons from before. :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    And you'd be utterly gimping yourself if you chose to use that complete set over the 359 tier you'd earn while completing the troll set.

Also, lets just sweep under the rug that all that armor is identical to the level 70 raid version. It's not a new armor set, its old models with inferior numbers slapped on it.
    Why would you be gimping yourself?? If you don´t raid at all, why do you need 359 ilvl gear. Are you just bad and want to faceroll/mass AOE dungeons down in 10 min like the end of wotlk? It just seems you are whining because you don´t want to do the work required to get the gear you want. In BC tier sets were all tokens and not farmable like they are now. Raiding gear requires you to raid, do the work or stop whining if you don´t want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    It's nothing for you, but for Blizzard 900k out of 13M is something like 7% less players in 6 months.
    Assuming you have a job, would you be happy if your pay would be reduced by 7% every 6 months? Still nothing for you?
    If I recall correctly, the numbers are more like 12M - 900k = 11.1M, so actually the number is greater than 7%
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2011-08-04 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazai View Post
    There has been since Vanilla, it wasn't a achievement thing people like to be the first to stuff.
    Just look at half the posts on this website normally the first comment has the word "First" on it

Its not about the e-peen its about the sense of competition.

If anything i think the people who cry about stuff being to easy cause they see pro's beat it in a week or two, when they are only 2/7 normal (If that) hurt the game a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Please Blizzard no more daily zones! Add a new raid, heroic, BG map or something unexpected! But no more dailies!!!
    /signed x 1million.

900k loss since Cataclysm is massive, and I'm sure Blizzard are concerned. They have to do something big for 4.3 and, right now, I just don't see them doing it. I hope they prove me wrong.
    I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind,
    There was something so perfect about that place...

Thumbs down

Nothing lasts forever, believe it or not the day will come where WoW will be pulled offline and cease to exist. WoW is slipping from Blizzard's hands, some of this is their own fault though with rehashed content, bad game balance (PvP/Arena), a severely outdated graphics engine (badly optimized, looks terrible)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazai View Post

Yes i know that it was, but was it like these days? that a whole expansion gets cleared in 1 week or 2? ofc it wasn't, stuff was hard back then, and now its easy, ,at my point of veiew firelands has the most obvious and comon sence mechanic boss fights ever, even ragnaros hc is piss easy, "omg sulfuron smash,, move 2 yards to the sides, OMG ADDS... Wait, what adds? oh ... hunters one shotted them" (yes hunters are op now), is that hard? well, yes for healers only. they have all the job today

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Its not about the e-peen its about the sense of competition.
    Where is the "sence of competition" when only 5 guilds or so complete everything asap?
    Basicly u are saying that the game is made only for those 5 guilds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post

If I recall correctly, the numbers are more like 12M - 900k = 11.1M, so actually the number is greater than 7%
    If my math is correct, it's 7.5%

Deleted
    The race for world firsts were hardly as major as it is now. For long time there was like 2-3 major guilds to compete of them.. What was it again? Sk gaming and nihlium and method? Those were the "zomg famous" people.

Now we got: Ensidia, stars, paragon, vodka, method, for the horde, blood legion.. well just go look at wowprogress who have 7/7 - those people have fans and they are involved and all that.. back in BC it seemed bit more of battle of 3s now its "10 possible guilds who can get it" so its more major as the scene has raised majorly
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-08-04 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    diabolo 3+swtor will take lots of guys and wow was only a "my friends play it, so i do" game, the game is still n1 but for guys like me who were playin since release, there isn t a challange anymore. I play a golf mmo right now and it s far n1er^^
    poor wow you can do want you want, but you're an old woman now, and no make up can help