Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,566
    The race for world firsts were hardly as major as it is now. For long time there was like 2-3 major guilds to compete of them.. What was it again? Sk gaming and nihlium and method? Those were the "zomg famous" people.

    Now we got: Ensidia, stars, paragon, vodka, method, for the horde, blood legion.. well just go look at wowprogress who have 7/7 - those people have fans and they are involved and all that.. back in BC it seemed bit more of battle of 3s now its "10 possible guilds who can get it" so its more major as the scene has raised majorly
    Last edited by Iceleaf; 2011-08-04 at 09:18 AM.
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  2. #202
    diabolo 3+swtor will take lots of guys and wow was only a "my friends play it, so i do" game, the game is still n1 but for guys like me who were playin since release, there isn t a challange anymore. I play a golf mmo right now and it s far n1er^^
    poor wow you can do want you want, but you're an old woman now, and no make up can help

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    The race for world firsts were hardly as major as it is now. For long time there was like 2-3 major guilds to compete of them.. What was it again? Sk gaming and nihlium and method? Those were the "zomg famous" people. Now we got: Ensidia, stars, paragon, vodka, method, for the horde, blood legion.. well just go look at wowprogress who have 7/7. The difference is that these people are more on spotlight than back in BC where you had only 3 guilds in spotlight and rest were there for those who maybe digged up rank lists.
    There used to be a huge buzz around the raiding scene, for me Easy mode and Heroic mode killed this... raiding should be one difficulty, not an easy mode tacked on to appease bad players...

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShapatsky View Post
    I gave a reasonable answere, on why you were wrong with your point in my first reply
    *rereads 2nd post*

    No...you didn't? Reading news posts has no correlation to making comments like "Myself being from the upper tier of humanity (based on income and IQ) i just have to assume that it is the smart ones who are leaving first. "

    Quote Originally Posted by MrShapatsky View Post
    And I am pretty sure that most of the population on the planet agrees with me on that matter, because that wasn't something i made up. It is also a huge field of sience within the academic world on that matter, that would back my statement.
    "wasn't something i made up" If you're gonna make a comment like that, back it up with evidence. What field of science is this? What specific study? Any legit research you can link to?

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaell View Post
    sweet, cant wait
    haha u created new account just to say this?

  6. #206
    One thing that concerns me is, Blizzard seemed to randomly bring out the RAF changes a few weeks ago... Seems like that was a ploy to get people creating more accounts and artificially inflate the "subs" total...

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Raniela View Post
    Yes i know that it was, but was it like these days? that a whole expansion gets cleared in 1 week or 2? ofc it wasn't, stuff was hard back then, and now its easy, ,at my point of veiew firelands has the most obvious and comon sence mechanic boss fights ever, even ragnaros hc is piss easy, "omg sulfuron smash,, move 2 yards to the sides, OMG ADDS... Wait, what adds? oh ... hunters one shotted them" (yes hunters are op now), is that hard? well, yes for healers only. they have all the job today
    Im glad your guild has downed heroic rag! Oh wait, no you have not. LOL

    Also world firsts were the same since Vanilla. Yes as much as it is these days. Only thing is that there are a few more guilds capable to compete in the top tier (raid more etc, not saying they are way more skilled in any way)

    Please stop talking rubbish. Atleast bring up valid points. The simple fact to why blizzard is losing subs is because the game is OLD and people are getting tired of repetitive content.

    If you think about it, when blizzard released Sunwell and the Isle of quel. Everyone was on the island for majority of their gametime either doing dailies or for world pvp. Atleast on my realm everyone was having fun there. This time blizzard releases firelands and the molten front. Everyone acts like pve carebears and hardly any world pvp. Then they complain why no world pvp etc. Fact is after the vendors are unlocked there is absolutely no reason to do the dailies. Dailies in TBC were a pretty good money maker. Now its slower than sitting in org and crafting reselling. They need to make dailies more rewarding to get people outside of their home towns. They need to readd world bosses. Sure its unfair but it brought excitement to the world. People would camp, fight for it and sometimes at 3AM you would see LFM kazzak etc simply cause its up.

  8. #208
    Another EPIC fanart. The 5# one.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Raniela View Post
    Yes i know that it was, but was it like these days? that a whole expansion gets cleared in 1 week or 2? ofc it wasn't, stuff was hard back then, and now its easy, ,at my point of veiew firelands has the most obvious and comon sence mechanic boss fights ever, even ragnaros hc is piss easy, "omg sulfuron smash,, move 2 yards to the sides, OMG ADDS... Wait, what adds? oh ... hunters one shotted them" (yes hunters are op now), is that hard? well, yes for healers only. they have all the job today
    I Guess dieing 500+ times to one boss means the fight is easy.
    Even the best guild in the world was quoted in saying this was the hardest fight they have seen in years.

    Please don't think a fight is easy based on pro's, now if the average person went in and 1 shot Rag Heroic then i would agree but that isn't happening.
    Your looking at the best guild's in the world ones that get payed to play and may play 15+ hours a day in the first few weeks of a patch, and taking that is everyone is clearing the content in 2 weeks.
    Im sorry but your wrong your higher than average guild may have cleared normals in a week but they were probably decked out in full heroic tier 11 gear, they weren't meant to spend weeks upon weeks in normals and burn out.
    That design was even on the PTR but it was seen as OMGEASYCONTENT, no it was meant to get the heroic guilds in heroics faster if they went through the effort in the previous tier heavily gearing.
    If you only went through normal's in tier 11 then your raids are normals otherwise by design you were rushed to heroics, to combat against burn out.
    There's gonna be people who rush to complete stuff first in any game that's what competition is, competition isn't a bad thing for any game and will always be there no matter what.

  10. #210
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,972
    It makes me happy to see more people leaving the game. As sick and twisted as that sounds, maybe blizzard will wake the fuck up and make tier accessible to non-raiders like it was in WotLK. Or at least give casuals something to do with rewards that aren't recolored rehashed shit, while raiders get all the new shinies.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, but T11 is as easy as MC Naxxramas was back in the 80s.

    Ulduar and ICC (with buff) were way WAY harder that T11 right now.So move your butt and go in there.

    Don't expect them to release Firelands on that niveau and to be able to just skip T11.

    After all casuals want content....


    what? they just want top tier epics?

    THEN ACQUIRE SKILL AND WORK FOR THEM LIKE US RAIDERS!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2011-08-04 at 09:38 AM.

  11. #211
    Beta profiler seems to think my graphics card has 9GB of RAM. :S

  12. #212
    Most of all they need to make EPIC items feel EPIC again. Its so easy nowadays. Bring back the epic feeling! Add world pvp dailies! Raid X town and kill X leader. Perhaps a board so the opposite faction know which of their leaders is for bounty and they can defend. Also this can apply to non capital cities to not cause major lag. Add reputation vendors for each of the new bgs. Make fresh content! Stop redoing and reintroducing old content. Doesnt matter if they have different abilities. People like seeing new names and a different environment.Also include tax ingame. There is way too much gold in the game atm and not enough gold sinks. I myself am at 500k+ after buying every gold sink and all new boe epics my character can use from firelands. Perhaps put a tax weekly so you loose gold and not just sit on it and keep building up. Or include more GOLD SINKS. This is cataclysm. 100k isnt hard to make honestly. I dont get how the mammoth was 16k in Wotlk and now most vendor mounts are 2-3k? (Guild vendor mounts, rep mounts etc) Make professions have bop mats that are hard to get for good items. Make people work to collect items and then the item is more rewarding. Perhaps including mats from bosses so some items remain rare! Stop catering everything to casuals. Blizzard went wrong after they changed the whole game into casual mode. Look at TBC. It was the perfect mix. Everybody loves TBC the most because it was balanced for both casuals and hardcore.

  13. #213
    As some ppl alread said, WoW has been around for a long time and alot of us have been in the loop since open beta and if you look at it that way, 6-7 years is a good run, for any game. But i think that WoW has had its peak. I wouldnt be supriced if they lost 2-3 milj more subs before next summer, or even more. But i dont think they will dip below 5 milj for a long time. SWTOR will take its chunk of ppl and so will D3, even though D3 will recycle players from WoW.

    On a side note, very impressed that the community raised such a big amount of money for Japan, gj.
    Last edited by centrius; 2011-08-04 at 09:43 AM.

  14. #214
    We told them what to do to stop losing subs thousands and thousands times but they are not listening. They are so obstinate.

  15. #215
    "No king rules forever". I understand that WoW is declining, but do I care the least? No. WoW was and still is king in the mmo genre, for the past 7 years, and they still have plenty of time left on the throne. I enjoy the game and don't give a damn about what others say, more people should try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Guy example: Dude! I had the craziest shit going on today, I was driving a car with chris and Catherina, suddently it goes all white and these small guys scan us!
    Guy response: What the fuck have you been smoking?

    But if you tell your girlfriend the story she'll hear this: bla bla bla bla catherina bla bla bla
    Response: Who's Catherina?

  16. #216
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    There used to be a huge buzz around the raiding scene, for me Easy mode and Heroic mode killed this... raiding should be one difficulty, not an easy mode tacked on to appease bad players...
    I don't see one as easy mode, let do I see the non-heroic being there to appease bad players. What I do see is many water cooler hardcores who boast on message boards either directly or indirectly how great they are but I never seem to connect those people to the 7/7 heroic guilds. Go figure.

    Heroic modes exist simply because some groups are in another league from the vast majority of wow players. I figure its probably less than 2% of the player base who can hit these up when they are released and complete them. There are many who can't even complete them when the next iLevel drops because even gear cannot compensate for execution issues.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by planetchips View Post
    *rereads 2nd post*

    No...you didn't? Reading news posts has no correlation to making comments like "Myself being from the upper tier of humanity (based on income and IQ) i just have to assume that it is the smart ones who are leaving first. "



    "wasn't something i made up" If you're gonna make a comment like that, back it up with evidence. What field of science is this? What specific study? Any legit research you can link to?
    LOL shifting focus aren't we?

    What amazes me are the people who quit, but still hang around like a vulture, as if they have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives except gripe about a past hobby.
    What are we talking about now, me commenting on news or me being arrogant? When i said "Yes i am arrogant and now to your point" then you facepalmed and quoted your reply to me again. Then i responded and you shift back to that i am arrogant, how's it gonna be, you gonna be pissed at me because i comment news about a game i don't play anymore or because i was arrogant? Judging by the first reply i would naturally go with that i was commenting on news about a game that i don't play anymore but you jump back and forth i can't honestly tell what you want.

    Journalism and media and communication are two major scientific fields that studys everything around news, communication, public communication including news values and why people are interested in news and such. If you are interested in more info about all this, there are probably courses you take at your closest University or just visit an academic library and ask for a book about news, journalism or something like that.

    I've read: Paul Manning - News and news sources - a critical introduction. He is a doctor within the field at the university of Winchester.
    Last edited by MrShapatsky; 2011-08-04 at 09:47 AM.

  18. #218
    ppl are quitting cos of empty servers (at least on my realm) and blizz isnt prepared to merge low pop servers, how can it be fair that someone who pays the same money as someone on a busy realm has less oppotunities ie not enough ppl online to make a pug grp most of the time, not all ppl have credit cards and are unable to move realms, its a shame that blizz is to slow to fix this problem.

  19. #219
    Stood in the Fire Shpetznaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    409
    That blood elf.... O.O

  20. #220
    I'll go ahead and throw in one last reply to all the people telling me to "suck it up and raid if you want your tier gear" No. I'd rather unsub than be forced to do things I don't enjoy. That sub money can go to another game like League of Legends or something else. I'll say it again, clearer this time: I will not be forced by a GAME that required a MONTHLY FEE to do something I DO NOT FIND FUN to enjoy said game. Its a waste of money. And its funny, because you can argue your "tier should be raiders only derp derp" point on the forums all you want. I've spoken with my wallet. So have nearly a million others. Guess what blizzard is going to listen to? I'll give you a hint: It isn't the people on the forums, its the people who stopped paying. "YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR IT YOU ENTITLED BLAH BLAH BLAH RAGE" Yes. I should. I had to work for my tier 9/10 in WotLK. It took me three months of grinding heroics to finish my sets. That's work. Sorry if you don't agree, but it is. That system worked, that system kept me playing. I do not give two fucks if you think I'm acting entitled. I'm a paying customer. Blizzard can either cater to me, and get my subscription fee, or they can ignore me, and i'll spend my money elsewhere. And no, this HAS worked in the past, it was called WotLK. I subbed through most of WotLK from the end of ulduar on. The system for tier worked from ToC onward - I had a gear set to obtain. I had a goal I could reach. This continued through ICC. If you wanted your vanity gear, you got it doing 25m raids, getting tokens, and what not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •