Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Perhaps Fire does need a bit of a single target buff but its AoE is too strong for it to be very good at single target as well.
    Actually in most Firelands AOE Situations Arcane is stronger in AOE. The problem with Fire AOE is that it only shines if

a) the adds have high or at least medium life
    b) The situations do not happen more often than the Combustion Cooldown.

AOE situations in Firelands typically are low-health mobs which happen more often. Improved AE specced in Arcane is doing better Damage there (ABx4-AE-AE-AE-AB-AE-AE-AE-...), like for example the Ryolith Adds or the Second Phase adds at Ragnaros (not the sons, the other ones...).

So we have a weak Single-Target specc with gimmicky AOE feature.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    This tier? It's pretty much Arc or GTFO (unless it's Alys, then you're untouchable).
    Actually you aren't. A Shadow still does decent damage flying... true, less than a firemage, but not that
    much less that it matters -> even at Alys a Firemage is no requirement (in our guild actually the Shadow
    does the flying... as he did it the first raid id in firelands, they never wanted to "change a running system").
    Only fight where I currently go fire is Shannox (nice crits ^^) as another person does the 30k stuff anyways there, or
    if the warlock is not available (on holidays or ill or whatever).

If you check out the R&D threads where it's applicable - I stress that it's SPriests and Fire mages who are head and shoulders above the rest.

However, just like shadow priests are 10K above everyone else? Fire mages are 10K above Shadow priests. Not so close that you can say "not that much less that it matters".

When I say "untouchable" I say so for a reason.

Could you, as a shadow priest, beat an inept fire mage? Absolutely.

But our averages are such that you shouldn't expect to.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Lol people saying that fire is viable. Arcane has higher sustainable aoe dps than fire does now. After combustion goes down, fire's aoe is nothing impressive and single target wise, arcane rapes fire by about 6k single target which is enormous, not even a small gap

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    Only fight where I currently go fire is Shannox (nice crits ^^) as another person does the 30k stuff anyways there, or
    if the warlock is not available (on holidays or ill or whatever).
    No offence but I don't see how fire can possibly be superior to arcane on Shannox. If you are not doing "the 30k stuff", where do the "nice crits" come in? That debuff falls off as soon as face rage is broken, and it is easier to break as an arcane mage than as fire anyway.