Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Connect pc to TV - unimpressed :/

I connected my PC with my (hd ready) TV using HDMI cable and the max resolution I can get is 1280-768, (recommended one) I can ofc go higher but quality reduces severly. My VGA is Ati Radeon HD 4870. Is this what I should've expected in the first place, or I can get better quality picture?

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't get a better quality picture, as that's the highest capable resolution for your TV. (AFAIK.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Most TVs in general have lower resolutions than PC monitors since you're (generally) not sitting two feet away from a TV screen.

Also, this is a VGA:

http://www.mypcsstore.com/images/pro...1299279399.jpg

You're thinking of a GPU, I'd say.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    I believe without googling it, T.V's display abit higher than 480p

A full HD TV would be 1920x1080? Not sure about that, but that is really horrible when the TV gets up to like 40-50" and my 24" monitors are the same resolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full LCD TVs that are 1080p will give you 1920x1080. Which is a good resolution for anything really. My 48" is set up with HDMI through my GPU and is 120Hz. Works like a charm.

Deleted
    Short answer: It's a cheap TV, get a 1080p FullHD TV.

Long answer: Most "HD-Ready" TVs are sitting at 720p (1280x768) resolution natively, as that's just how they are made. A full HD TV with 1080p capabilities can bring you to 1920x1080 natively

HD-ready is, and have always been shenanigans for me. All or nothing when it comes to quality.

EDIT: @Sezuka, it all depends on the pixel density. You maybe see a dirt cheap fullHD 50" monitor with HORRIBLE pixel density, and the 40" with better pixel density looks 3x as good. It's all about build quality when it comes to big screens.
    Last edited by mmocdd4fd472cb; 2011-08-04 at 01:58 PM.

When I connected my Samsung P2270HD to my PC using the HDMI and Mini HDMI, the picture quality was very blurry. If you have a VGA or DVI port, try connecting via those.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiducia View Post
    When I connected my Samsung P2270HD to my PC using the HDMI and Mini HDMI, the picture quality was very blurry. If you have a VGA or DVI port, try connecting via those.
    Considering that HDMI is THE best wy to connect it, I'm going to say it's not how you connect it, it's a different setting you have to adjust

I checked as much in the settings as possible, the pixel rate was fine, but it was incredibly blurry. I adjusted the sharpness to 100 and it made very little difference. I plug in a VGA cable (with DVI changer as my card only has DVI output) and it made it look as crisp as my other monitor, which only has a VGA port.

I wish I had taken a picture of it now, although it would probably be difficult to see the difference on the picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiducia View Post
    Okay, I have a Samsung and had a similar problem and found something that may help you:

Ensure you use the HDMI that was marked up as HDMI/DVI (port 3 on my TV)

In the menu where you can label up what the input is for set it to PC. Once you have done this the blurryness should vanish

There is a reason why PC-Monitors are mostly more expensive that TV-screens (other than pure sale numbers).
    TVs usually have no good pc resoultion UNLESS, you buy a current decent TV (pana,sony, even samsung tho i personally hate their base colour sceme)

If a TV says "HD-READY" it will support atleast (and mostly only) one of the two hd formats (720/1080) and also it will mostly be the worse one.
    If the TV says "FULL-HD" they will support 1080 p which is 1920x1080.
    4k dispalys are not on the market yet aside from those insanely overpriced ones.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    Considering that HDMI is THE best wy to connect it, I'm going to say it's not how you connect it, it's a different setting you have to adjust
    HDMI and DVI(d) use the same data for video, the only real difference is that HDM (past 1.3) also supports sounds which DVI does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

You have a HD-ready TV. Your resolution is capped at 720p. That is to be expected.
    And to be honest, using your TV as a monitor for anything other than movies have more drawbacks than advantages.
    1920x1080 is too small of a resolution for anything above 24"~ or so. IMO.

My ~40+ inch 1080p TV is what I use for my PC monitor. It's absolutely brilliant.

OP: Your TV is the problem.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    You have a HD-ready TV. Your resolution is capped at 720p. That is to be expected.
    And to be honest, using your TV as a monitor for anything other than movies have more drawbacks than advantages.
    1920x1080 is too small of a resolution for anything above 24"~ or so. IMO.
    This is very untrue. As elaborated above "HD-ready" does not equal 720p (it however does in many cases), but still the resolution might actually be higher.
    Also 1080p is not to bad of a resolution especially for wow, unless you sit directly infront of it as if it would be your 24" monitor.
    In a distance of 2 meters, you are likely unable to optically diversify 1080 from any theoritically higher resolution.

So in short. If you sit half a meter away from your screen, ofc a 24" will do, if you sit like a meter and a half away, a >37" can actually be a real improvement in your QoL.
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    This is very untrue. As elaborated above "HD-ready" does not equal 720p (it however does in many cases), but still the resolution might actually be higher.
    Also 1080p is not to bad of a resolution especially for wow, unless you sit directly infront of it as if it would be your 24" monitor.
    In a distance of 2 meters, you are likely unable to optically diversify 1080 from any theoritically higher resolution.

So in short. If you sit half a meter away from your screen, ofc a 24" will do, if you sit like a meter and a half away, a >37" can actually be a real improvement in your QoL.
    If you don't think a >37" is too pixelly in 1080p, you must sit like a kilometer away ._.

"HD ready 1080p" is a different thing from what I'd call HD-ready.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    If you don't think a >37" is too pixelly in 1080p, you must sit like a kilometer away ._.

"HD ready 1080p" is a different thing from what I'd call HD-ready.
    Sorry, but "what you call" is anecdotal evidence, there is a definition for a reason what is "HD-Ready" and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    Sorry, but "what you call" is anecdotal evidence, there is a definition for a reason what is "HD-Ready" and what not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD-read...ents_and_logos
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In the USA, a similar "HD Ready" term usually refers to any display that is capable of accepting and displaying a high-definition signal at either 720p, 1080i or 1080p using a component video or digital input, but does not have a built-in HD-capable tuner..
    <br>
    I bolded the interesting part.

HD Ready - 720p = 1280x720
    Full HD - 1080p = 1920x1080