Thread: Dear moderators

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear moderators

Hello thar,

I write this post in the hope for a change. I used to come to these forums to obviously read wow-related news and to participate in one or another discussion. I also got infracted once, but thats not the point. The point is that recently when you come to this site and watch the "hottest topics" on the top of the page, you get always the same topics about some "random" person stating how they do not like the fact that wow isn't vanilla anymore and after they killed KT in vanilla, KJ in tbc and LK in WOTLK (all solo and pre nerfs ofc), they do not enjoy this game anymore.

Whilst this is somewhat sad for each of those individuals, it really gets problematic to actually find anything else on the forums other than those topics. Is there no way to consolidate those topics to have atleast some diverse topics.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind people stating their opinions (even if they do as if they were facts), but I do not see the point of every individual of these possible 900k (you know where that number comes from) to actually personally make a new topic.

Sincerely

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

I would second this. There is far too much duplicated QQ and not enough threads that make gameplay more enjoyable by discussing cool things, tips and tricks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Aye I'd agree with that.

It would be cool if you could either pick what forums you wanted to see in the recent topics, og even make a 3rd topic window area for your own likings.. For me i wouldnt mind having druid, generel disc and raid only in a window

i wonder if we could have a category called Whiny Quitting Threads, move them all into there as they appear, and set the category so that all "new" topics that are moved there do not appear in the What's New updates, since they are clearing nothing new.

And what do you want them to do? Ban anyone that says the previous versions of the game was better? get lost. Some people find them interesting to read, if you dont, then dont read them. ignore them. is that hard? I cant stand the freaking pony thread spamming the front page all the time and i think it should be deleted, so i dont read it. simple as that.

I second the whiny quitting threads section

I got a 5 day ban from a thread that was CLOSED 1 day prior for "trolling" when I said "ugh, not one of these threads again"

Ban me for stating my opinion about the thread a day after the mods closed the thread.

Great team MMO-Champ has.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    And what do you want them to do? Ban anyone that says the previous versions of the game was better? get lost. Some people find them interesting to read, if you dont, then dont read them. ignore them. is that hard? I cant stand the freaking pony thread spamming the front page all the time and i think it should be deleted, so i dont read it. simple as that.
    Like i wrote above, i have no personal issue with people stating that (well i do, but thats not the point here).
    The point is that those threads are flooding the "mainpage" which makes actual news impossible to find.
    Also, that pony thread is one, i gt give you that its a huge thread, its only one so you still have 4 other posts showing.
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Aye Aye and Here Here! I suggest we elect a new King!

Deleted
    The mods aren't to blame, the community is. It's not the mods making 10 threads a day about the same topic, it's the people who think that their opinion is so important it needs a whole thread devoted to it. The mods just need to lock the threads and point the OP to a thread where everything related to that topic will be posted, which they are already doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    I got a 5 day ban from a thread that was CLOSED 1 day prior for "trolling" when I said "ugh, not one of these threads again"

Ban me for stating my opinion about the thread a day after the mods closed the thread.

Great team MMO-Champ has.
    So it is okay to troll as long as the thread gets closed afterwards? Either way, your account got banned for 5 days due to your combined infraction-points. Not because of that single one. (Edit: I don't see any infraction for the reason you said on your account)

On-topic: I'll poke one of the admins, They'll probably move it to suggestions & feedback and leave a response

- MK
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-04 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    i wonder if we could have a category called Whiny Quitting Threads, move them all into there as they appear, and set the category so that all "new" topics that are moved there do not appear in the What's New updates, since they are clearing nothing new.
    I second this. And set ban-on-sight rules for QQ everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    The point is that those threads are flooding the "mainpage" which makes actual news impossible to find.
    News is found in big, blog posts on the main page. Blue posts (official "news") are shown in a seperate spot. Looking for "news" in the latest 5 user-generated forum posts is a bit retarded. Scroll down past the latest 5 forum posts to get the news. Bam! Problem solved.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods have little control over what the "hot topic" is. This is the current news at the moment and like everything it will die down. Click the topics that interest you, pass by the rest? The wow community is changing for better or worse.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-08-04 at 03:18 PM.

It's like this.

There's people who like Soda and people who don't. More people like Soda, but it's been trending to not like Soda. In front of Soda companies they post interesting things about Soda. It's a public bulletin so people who now are on the trend of not liking Soda also post on how much they hate Soda. Now the Soda companies don't stop them because it's their right, but the Soda disliking few a more noticeable and colorful than the Soda liking majority.

The Soda liking majority try to find interesting things on Soda, but all they see is Soda hate. Thus they leave hoping to back later and find something different later in the day. Needless to say the vocal minority are just that vocal. Very Very vocal and not everyone agrees with them or wants to see what they have to say causing more conflict.

Get it? Why don't you make single Soda hating forum on the bulletin to ensure everyone enjoys their time in front of the Soda companies.

Can everyone be Savvy with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mossmantle View Post
    News is found in big, blog posts on the main page. Blue posts (official "news") are shown in a seperate spot. Looking for "news" in the latest 5 user-generated forum posts is a bit retarded. Scroll down past the latest 5 forum posts to get the news. Bam! Problem solved.
    I meant the "recent threads" as news, obviously i do know the big news on the mainpage and there suiting threads.
    But its not only the "oh look i found some stuff in one file that might hint towards xxx" by boub, i mean findings for a certain class, some other thing or therelike u usually used to find on the fourms.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    The Fun-Stuff forum has been removed from the recent posts box IIRC, so you don't have to complain about that anymore.
    Perfect, then let's make a new forum rule: "QQ" threads are hereby classified as "Fun-Stuff". :-)

Seriously though, I think complaining about the game is perfectly valid and you can possibly bring up very good points, but stating you quit is completely off-topic. Just report the post and ask it to be moved. Don't comment in the thread or you are part of the problem of them being on the first page.
    Last edited by Auloria; 2011-08-04 at 03:22 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I can strongly agree with this. Such topics are tiresome and pointless.

But this thread is in the wrong part of the forum

10+ Year Old Account
    But, there is only 1 pony thread. Not 50 pony threads. Plus, the pony thread doesn't show up on the front page anymore. Admins blocked it.

Also, in our forum guidelines:
    13.3. Use the search function before creating a new thread
    On an active community such as MMO-Champion, a lot of new threads are made every day. So before you start making your own thread about a topic, first use the forum search function to ensure that nobody else has already recently created a thread about the topic you wish to post about.

Quite often, a similar thread already exists, and there really is no point in restarting a discussion in a separate thread when a subject can be discussed in one thread.
    So, all of those new threads, aren't, in fact, new. They are a nuisance.