Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    And competition is competition even when you say it's not supported. Simply making an arena and putting gamers against each other in head to head combat makes it so cause thats how we gamers are. We are competitive by nature. It will be deemed a competition.

Just cause blizzard claims it wont be a supported competition and that it will be unbalanced does not mean it wont be taken as such by the ones actually playing the game.

Allowing any of those gamers to buy gear with real money to gain any advantage has been and should always be the wrong thing to do. Flashing a little real life cash in the players eyes with hopes of selling fake items for real cash has blinded some players to things that have been bad for gaming and gamers for years.

It's not a good way to game.
    Then, you sir, are a complete fool. You are going into a game expecting competetive PVP when you are DIRECTLY TOLD it's not about PVP. It's like going to a horse race that doesn't allow gambling, and you're going there to hope to win a lot of money via gambling on the horses.

You sir will be the one who will be complaining to blizz to change/nerf classes to fit your wants of the game... your wants which directly oppose the very core direction of the game's inherent design.

You say "it's not a good way to game"... let me tell you what's not a good way to game... going to play Tetris when you're expecting it to be a Tower Defense game.

Diablo 3 is NOT a competitive Arena game - you have been directly TOLD that. Deal with it or go play a game that has (gasp!) designed to be competetive PVP.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2011-09-19 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    And competition is competition even when you say it's not supported. Simply making an arena and putting gamers against each other in head to head combat makes it so cause thats how we gamers are. We are competitive by nature. It will be deemed a competition.

Just cause blizzard claims it wont be a supported competition and that it will be unbalanced does not mean it wont be taken as such by the ones actually playing the game.

Allowing any of those gamers to buy gear with real money to gain any advantage has been and should always be the wrong thing to do. Flashing a little real life cash in the players eyes with hopes of selling fake items for real cash has blinded some players to things that have been bad for gaming and gamers for years.

Dont care, its NOT pay2win... As I said before, dont make it into something its not

Direct Quote from Blizzard (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...ction-house/):

"Nearly everything found in the game, including gold, can be exchanged with other players directly or through the auction house system."

Including Gold. So the people that have no real money can sell gold that they made in game on the Real Money AH in order to purchase real money items. Why does this work? Because if the ratio of gold to real money gets out of balance then either the gold auction house or the real money auction house becomes super powered.

Let's say I can buy gold for $10 -> 10,000 gold. An item selling on the gold auction house costs me 5,000 gold. That same item is selling for $10 on the real money auction house. I can just buy that item on the gold auction house and sell it on the real money auction house for 2x profit. If the reverse is true ($10 still = 10,000 gold) and the item is 10,000 gold on the gold auction house but $5 on the real money auction house, I can buy it for $5 real money, sell it on the gold AH for 10,000 gold and in turn sell that gold on the real money AH for $10 and once again double my money.

Both auction houses will have to stay in step with each other or people will just be able to make ridiculous amounts of gold/money and buy whatever the hell they want...whether they started with real money or not. This means that even an idiot can make money whenever there is an imbalance between the gold AH and the real money AH. That also means you don't need to be rich or have daddy's credit card to buy things on the real money AH, you can just farm gold and sell it. If the two auction houses get out of balance then you can buy cheap on one and sell on the other.

For clarity, I am arguing that Diablo 3 is NOT pay to win because you don't have to have actual money to get the gear. You just have to have a partially functioning brain and a few hours to waste.
    Last edited by tibben; 2011-09-19 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    I hardly see a reason for this thread to be honest, Blizzard would never make a Pay2Win game, well, not for the near future atleast. If for example their headquaters got torched and they needed some cash to rebuild everything, but even then they've got plenty of money and i've just realised what the hell I'm saying is absolutely bonkers

It should be called pay2compete

Quote Originally Posted by bluesphere View Post
    They announced an arena Psii... Guess that throws your argument out the window. Or are you still going to argue that there is no competition in a game with AN ARENA SYSTEM?
    Er... considering there is nothing you can WIN (I.e. no viewable ratings, no rewards) except individual matches, yeah, I agree with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    If you play the game from Day 1, unless you are completely terrible, you should be well farmed by the time any decent gear that you already acquired hit the auction house. So are you terrible?
    I see you have never played Diablo at all then?

This thread reaks of kiddie's who have no idea how rare some items could be in diablo, and how getting these items by simply buying them ruins the whole point of it all.

Diablo was about getting your rare items YOURSELF. Not just equiping phat lewts for the lulz.

Yeah and all those people with zod runes(you could farm 24 hours a day and average out to seeing 1 a year) or how common all the super rare runes were was not pay to win and duping.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I see you have never played Diablo at all then?

This thread reaks of kiddie's who have no idea how rare some items could be in diablo, and how getting these items by simply buying them ruins the whole point of it all.

Diablo was about getting your rare items YOURSELF. Not just equiping phat lewts for the lulz.
    You could easily buy them in d2 and lod on any ladder and the sad part was they were all hacks or dupes. How many people had enigma, whats that everyone who played seriously and chances of getting the rare runes there was how long? Your post reeks of being a kiddie and not realizing the commoness of runes that most people would have never seen in the decade of d2 being out. How many people not botting saw 83000 runes drop, and that is just the drop rate not that you are guaranteed anything at that point.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 01:53 AM ----------

Yeah because people totally pvp'd in d2 with legit gear...

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Yeah and all those people with zod runes(you could farm 24 hours a day and average out to seeing 1 a year) or how common all the super rare runes were was not pay to win and duping.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 01:45 AM ----------

You could easily buy them in d2 and lod on any ladder and the sad part was they were all hacks or dupes. How many people had enigma, whats that everyone who played seriously and chances of getting the rare runes there was how long? Your post reeks of being a kiddie and not realizing the commoness of runes that most people would have never seen in the decade of d2 being out. How many people not botting saw 83000 runes drop, and that is just the drop rate not that you are guaranteed anything at that point.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 01:53 AM ----------

Yeah because people totally pvp'd in d2 with legit gear...
    There were not all hacks and dupes, I dont think iv ever seen a hacked item on Closed Bnet. The most rare and most duped items are .08 items like the valks or the belts or the boots or bmanas. Diablo 2 was more like find a decent item and see how good you could trade it up for better shit. Rune drops have been upped so much in the past couple of patchs.

I still lol at people qqing about zomg gear is gona get bought in diablo 3, this shit has been happening since the beginning of diablo 2

It's not like we are pvping (much) or competing for world first kills at max level

Most successful thread (double) necro EVER!

That said, you can complete the game without buying gear. The multiplayer scaling difficulty makes sure of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is an item that has a very low drop chance, both Person #1 and Person #2 want to aquire it, the item is so powerful it will allow whoever wields it to easily overpower someone using a simple ''rotation''.

Seems like no one really played Diablo before, or understands how the game works. In a group of other players, you will kill bosses without too much difficutly, and good, farmable gear will be just as good as "bis" gear you buy on ah.

Point is that it's effective and will get you thru the run, get loots, and rush it again. Over and over. You are not really competing with each other, you help each other with bigger numbers to make loot drops more valuable and thats it. Long as you move fast its fine.

Only true competition would be PVP.....and only tools will buy gear to make themselves op and easily beat others. But PVP is not going to be a main focus on Diablo, and they won't make big changes to balance it or anything. People who pay2win at this point are just focused on killing others faster in PVP which isn't really a big deal.

Whole fun of the game was running dungeons and finding loot, thats baout it. PVP was a small part, and will be more interesting with arenas and skills that have many different augments but thats about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    There were not all hacks and dupes, I dont think iv ever seen a hacked item on Closed Bnet. The most rare and most duped items are .08 items like the valks or the belts or the boots or bmanas. Diablo 2 was more like find a decent item and see how good you could trade it up for better shit. Rune drops have been upped so much in the past couple of patchs.

I still lol at people qqing about zomg gear is gona get bought in diablo 3, this shit has been happening since the beginning of diablo 2
    Never seen a hacked item on closed bnet? You only played ladder and/or barely played?

Q. 14: What happened to all the ITH Items, Bugged Items, and .08 Items?

With the implementation of the v1.10 patch, Blizzard deleted all ITH items, most Bugged items and many .08 items that they felt were too powerful. Not all items they deleted were duped or hacked. They deleted all of certain items, whether legit or not. Some legit items that Blizzard deleted include: .08 Harlequin Crest, .08 Arkaine's Valor, .08 Grandfather, .08 Hellslayer, .08 Baranar's Star, and more. Fortunately, many of the less powerful .08 items are still around and you will find those for sale while quantities last.
    Trust me before 1.10 there were a LOT of hacked/bugged items. After 1.10 there were still quite a bit left though and I still saw people with occu sojs and belts with way more stats than they should have.

I cant believe the mentality of this board.

There is an arena system but its not competitive.
    Wow is a video game BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEVEL UP ITS A CHOICE.
    You all go to school BUT DONT HAVE TO GET GOOD GRADES...

The point is... if you want to succeed. You will compete. In wow, diablo 3, and real life. Life is competition and blizzard just allowed bads to buy thier way to the top.

I'm guessing all of your arguing against it are rich or bad at the game. Maybe both. I know I won't be paying for this POS.