Thread: Cooking

Deleted

Cooking

It costs about 1-1.1k gold to power level cooking on my realm. Sounds rather cheap so I was wondering. Is it decent for money at max 525? How long would you average making that 1k back + bonus?

Deleted
    There's really not much money in it at all on my server. Far more money in maxing fishing and selling fishing mats. The majority of the people who raid use fish feasts; these are BoP, so guilds will buy the mats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    There's really not much money in it at all on my server. Far more money in maxing fishing and selling fishing mats. The majority of the people who raid use fish feasts; these are BoP, so guilds will buy the mats.
    Ahh I suppose. Damn fishing is so dull Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    you may make a couple more G for selling the fish prepared, but not that much more tbh (and its more reliable to sell raw materials) tho leveling cooking for yourself/guild is worth the 1k imo (plus the cookign title if you want to invest the time)

10+ Year Old Account
    I only leveled cooking on one of my characters, but he pretty much services all my toons at the moment. I used to make a killing with selling fish feasts and Armor Pen food buffs, but now it's pretty much fishing all the way. Just sell all the raw materials. No one buys prepared stuff anymore.
    Warcraft Professional: a website with a plethora of information on the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft. Profession Calculator
    The Old Republican: a website about BioWare's MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic. Currently looking for article writers and video contributors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooking isn't really a huge money maker. You can sell the occasional stack of food to the bg-er, but beyond that, most guilds buy the fish feast mats, and rock out with those.

There are 2 things from cooking that's worth taking into consideration if you want to make money.

Fortune cookies. (the mats are 1x Mysterious fortune card and 1x simple flour). I don't know the prices on your server, but it can be a slight profit maker if you buy the fortune cards, and if you have a scribe, it can increase the profit from milling herbs.

Chocolate Cookies. (Mats: 1x cocoa beans and 1x simple flour). If there's nobody making them on a regular basis, step into that market. Try to find cocoa beans on the AH at less than 1g each, and sell the cookie at 2g each. This cookie does nothing, but if you eat 91 of them, you get an achievement. Many peoples will gladly pay 182g for that. (You can get 40x cocoa beans with 1 cooking token, so dooing that 3 minutes daily on all your alts can be a good thing). The fortune cookie itself give the same buff as the seafood feast, and also provide a random fortune card when you eat one. People that know about that are most likely to become regular buyers.

But anyway.. as stated before, cooking ain't a good money maker. I personaly leveled it for personal uses. It's nice to be able to cook your own food.

Assuming the guild/player has access to the new Fish Feast, I know my guild(and I assume many others) don't have access to the feast so cooking does have some money making benefits. I do agree maxed Fishing would be the better route if you were looking for money from a secondary profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesur View Post
    It costs about 1-1.1k gold to power level cooking on my realm. Sounds rather cheap so I was wondering. Is it decent for money at max 525? How long would you average making that 1k back + bonus?
    You'll have trouble making that money back, but if you have multiple alts at 80-85 you'll save heaps. I send all the mats I find from questing etc to my chef, she makes buff food and distributes to the toons that need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    cooking isn't about making money, it's about manufactoring your own buffs.
    Haters gun be hatin'

Cooking for gold definitely sucks... On my server, it's far better to sell the uncooked mats on the ah, rather than cook them off. And, as everyone else has mentioned, the only good thing about it is its usefulness in a guild setting.
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

In cataclysm cooking is not really profitable, simply forget about it Fishing can be. At my server some fishes cost 5g each (no, not per stack: each).

Deleted
    Fishing it is Time to /wrists it to 525 haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Better get some music! Belive me it helps ^.^

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Be thankful it's not like it used to be where you had to fish in particular locations to gain levels. Now you can just sit in SW or Org and fish away without worrying about dying.
    Warcraft Professional: a website with a plethora of information on the popular MMORPG World of Warcraft. Profession Calculator
    The Old Republican: a website about BioWare's MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic. Currently looking for article writers and video contributors.