Thread: Aeonaxx Stories

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I spent a total of about 48 hours straight camping him before he spawned. I'm an Arcane mage so I popped everything and downed him in like 15 seconds because I was paranoid I might randomly DC or do something stupid and make him despawn. I love the feeling you get when you find rare spawns like this, it just makes all the time spent worth it. <3

Deleted
    My two friends (who already have the mount) whispered me one day while I was on an alt telling me "LOG YOUR MAIN AEONAXX IS UP QUICKQUICKQUICK". I log over as fast as humanely possible, which with my aging computer isn't that fast. Get a summon to Deepholm as I'm half-way to the portals. Zone in, NPC_Scan goes off for Aeonaxx, I click the picture and can't target thing. At first I just thought someone else had beaten me to the chase, but then I see my two friends floating beside Aeonaxx, who is untagged and friendly.
    But instead of named, he is marked as "Unknown", and instead of the mount a vehicle icon upon mouseover, I get the standard interaction cog-wheel. I spam click for about 30 seconds, then relog. Those 20 seconds were the longest of my life.
    I log back in, I can see his name properly now, he's still there, I click once or twice, but I'm shaking so hard I think I must have missed, and/or been too far away. Then out of nowhere comes some DK who promptly mounts it, kills it, and spam links reins in general.

My heart still breaks when I remember this. I camped for about 40 hours or so after the incident, but still never got him. In hindsight either I should have turned off my addons when logging onto my main (which probably caused the bug), or gotten one of my friends to mount it while grouped with me and let me get some damage on and kill it near me. But alas, I didn't. GMs weren't interested, nothing new there. And I remain mountless :/

I never attempted to camp him, but I did manage to get it while questing on an alt. I really wanted to log on to my main but I knew someone else would get it before I could. So now I have this sweet flying mount... on a DRUID alt.

Deleted
    Oh hey there...

It was a harsh and stormy day.. I was floating high in the sky, among the clouds.. -Oh wait, there are no clouds in Deepholm- Oh anyway...
    I was picking up my last lovely herb. I felt the wind taking me high up in the skies again.. Then suddenly i heard a terrifying roar from the distance, i almost dropped my feathers. I was unfortunaltely, at that moment in Feral spec wearing moonkin gear, but as my mind was completely obsessed with this terrifying creature right in front of me i took it straight forward. I actaually wanted it more on my hunter SteveIrwin, but i wouldn't dare losing it to those lousy horde fellas... I flew closer, mounted up, he was quite angry. Spamming moonfires was quite a pain.. It took so long time.. But somehow i managed without any grand problems.

That was how a herb farming adventure turned in to a VERY good day...

Aeonaxx<3

Deleted

My Aeonaxx

Aww so many people never camped it and got it. BOO-HOO!

Well, I am an achievement hunter and waited weeks at the spot.
    Then I gave up for a few days and returned, just before the servers were going down,
    because I had read that there were more spawn locations. I camped there with a guildy
    and we were just trolling eachother on TS. Then suddenly he said : IT'S HERE !!!!!
    I asked him to LEAVE IT THE &$&* ALONE ! Kindly as I am.

He did. I jumped on his back, as boomkin I think the only thing I could do was MOONFIRE
    SPAM since I was so thrilled! Then when he was down I linked the Reins in every channel
    and people became very jelly! Lots of people have it nowadays, 20 + so I guess it isn't that
    rare anymore. I was with the first 3 though !

15+ Year Old Account
    Second day after Cata was live, i flew arround in Deepholm and saw a big drake flying, i moved to it and clicked.

COMBAT!~

I was like WTF is this .. when all of the sudden it died and i looted a mount .. i thought i discovered something EPIC.

Untill i rushed to wowhead and saw this is the new TLPD .. lol soo lucky

TLDP i got 3 weeks before Cata launched, camped it since start of Wotlk (some days even more then 8 hours) ... the AGONY!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    After dinging 85 the day after cata was released, my first thoughts were 'I wonder if there is a rare mount spawn like TLPD'. Fortunately Aeonaxx didn't take me half as long as it took me to get TLPD. I lost Aeonaxx twice, by literally milliseconds. Strangely enough both guys who beat me to him, were riding their ashes of alar mounts. A week later a got ashes of alar and then Aeonaxx about an hour later. Then again, two days later a friend of mine with Ashes got Aeonaxx :P It seems like most of the guys on my server who have Aeonaxx are left with that tough decision between it and Ashes.

bought a brand new beast gaming lappy

rocked around to my friends house for a LAN

showing him the hectic long range view from the top of deepholm

saw a drake, (hadnt even put NPC-Scan on it yet) freaked out and instantly logged my main

he didnt see it, didnt believe me and thought i was messing with him

hooned over to deepholm and frantically flew up and searched

my heart fell through the floor wen i saw Xariona, and thought maybe just the sight of ANY drake had tricked my eyes

he rofled at me and started jeering

spotted Aeonaxx, both our jaws dropped

hopped on and blasted through her face so fast it was silly

looted reins, response jeering began, gg

WIN

then grabbed some peeps and blasted xariona too, and scored the str bracers enchanting pattern for double awesome points

sooooo happy with RNG that day!
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-11-02 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    I must have spent over 500 hours searching for this beast, only time I'd take off from camping was 3 hours on Wednesday and Thursday for raids and weekends when I went away.
    So I thought This would still give me a huge chance to get his mount... WRONG
    After chatting to campers I subsequently learned, for about 4-5 weeks, that Aeonaxx was spawning on Weds/Thurs and the weekends, if at all.
    Depressed as I was I continued my search sitting over the Quartzite Basin, day and night.
    Then one Wednesday (after a raid was cancelled) I went and just hovered in my spot and BAM off goes NPC scan and scares the living shit out of me (expecting it to be another blasted bat spawn).
    There he was, right on top of me and in under 2 minutes he was dead and I was sporting my brand new shiny mount.
    And now thanks to this I'm a rare mount collector

Deleted
    Idk if I can prove it somehow but got it the first day of Cataclysm as I went there and saw a big shadow on the ground and curious as I's back then I wanted to go up there and check it out and there Aeonaxx was which I didn't knew a shit about and thought it's weird that you could mount it and yes ofc got a mount which was damn buggy lol.

My Aeonaxx kill yesterday early morning.
    Read the video info for the full story etc.

To have something you 've never had, you have to do something you've never done...

Was lvling my priest today, went afk in deepholm for 10 minutes to get food, get back and NPCscan was flashing that it found Aeonaxx and someone else had gotten him
    sadly never even got a glimpse of him while camping on my mage... ugh

Deleted
    Found him few days ago :3 Went to deepholm to see if the Pebbles quest was there and when i entered Deepholm. BAM! npcscanner I got so very happy when i saw him straight as i left the temple :3 all mine!<3

4 months of camping for TLPD....pop out of a dungeon one morning just before i'm about to go to sleep...BAM TLPD spawns, i kill it then go to sleep. i wake up like 9 hours later and decide that i'm a glutton for punishment and decided to camp for aeonaxx. Camped him for about 2/2.5 hours and killed him 30 minutes before raid time.

found him a few days ago at about 3pm.

Funny thing is that I was camping him about 12 hours earlier lol, so I woke up and logged on and I was in deepholm naturally. So I went to take the portal to SW and what do you know, npc scan pops up with aeonaxx. I pretty much freaked out and started frantically searching for him. During which time I got disconnected and as I was logging on my thoughts were going nuts, I thought somebody already found him. So I managed to quickly log back in and finally find him, 3 mins later I had my drake
    ETA: Before this on another toon I camped the bastard almost every day for about 4 months til i finally got him.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    4 months of camping for TLPD....pop out of a dungeon one morning just before i'm about to go to sleep...BAM TLPD spawns, i kill it then go to sleep. i wake up like 9 hours later and decide that i'm a glutton for punishment and decided to camp for aeonaxx. Camped him for about 2/2.5 hours and killed him 30 minutes before raid time.
    You must be the luckiest person in the world.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2011-12-13 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    trust me, i was riding high that day.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    trust me, i was riding high that day.
    Lol I would be too had I been in your shoes. On the other hand I found time-lost within about 2 hours of camping, bastard spawned right infront of me.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Never got Aeonaxx but I found TLPD while sitting on a taxi in Storm Peaks OMW to Ulduar.. Suddenly NPC skan goes wild, TLPD! I had to fly all the way to Ulduar, then mount up, then fly back and find the sucker (hopefully it was near Snowdrift Plains/Grom'arsh crash site).. Found him, tagged killed and then a rogue from same faction appeared saying he's been camping him for a week or something ;P
    Said I feel sorry for him, looted and flew away
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Never got Aeonaxx but I found TLPD while sitting on a taxi in Storm Peaks OMW to Ulduar.. Suddenly NPC skan goes wild, TLPD! I had to fly all the way to Ulduar, then mount up, then fly back and find the sucker (hopefully it was near Snowdrift Plains/Grom'arsh crash site).. Found him, tagged killed and then a rogue from same faction appeared saying he's been camping him for a week or something ;P
    Said I feel sorry for him, looted and flew away
    Lol he'll be camping alot more, even these days its hard to find that bugger.