10+ Year Old Account

Apparatus of Khaz'goroth - ret pally pvp

hey guys, just wondering if the Apparatus of khaz'goroth trinket would be good for a ret pally in pvp or not.

i just got it on my pally and when i hit after the stacks build up, my crusader strikes can crit up to 40k and templar verdicts to around 85k+ on some situations.

Since mastery is my highest stat, my Templar verdict does 83% additional damage as holy damage, which is insane.

Personally, id say go for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    ya mastery is my highest stat as well... and that is insane. How long does it take to build up the stacks roughly?

Good luck trying to get 5 critical strikes, or even 5 attacks done to a mage. This trinket is very dependant on having a high uptime on your target and with ret being terrible against casters in arena I wouldn't use it. Using a STR activate trinket with your avegnig wrath/hammer of wrath is likely going to be better.

For pve though it's awesome, my mastery hits for 102% of what my abilities hit for in pve and with hero and zealotry it's beyond awesome for dps.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I usually don't use AoK for pvp because I think you lose too much resilience, I've used it in a few situations (other ppl more likely to be trained, etc) before.

Charging the titanic powers is really just luck based. It ranges from staying at 0 titanic powers forever because youre getting chain cc/ed or kited to getting a few lucky crits and building it to 5 within 15 seconds. The timer on the stacks is pretty long at 30 seconds, so its not THAT easy to fall off. Most of the time, if i can maintain some uptime on a target, it builds up reasonably quickly to 3+ i'd say.

Also, do realize that you CAN pop AoK with other on use trinkets. Depending on what you stack for pvp, thats potentially 2580 mastery/2580 crit for 15 seconds along with 2029 str from badge of victory + wings + goak + zealotry, etc when you pop all your CDs. In the mastery case, you get a 30% boost to a holy dmg strike that procs on most of your attacks, in the crit case, you get like a mini recklessness without the downside. Actually might try using it more now because it sounds pretty good haha.

essense >

the stacks are hard enough to get in pve let alone pvp
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by tavistra View Post
    I usually don't use AoK for pvp because I think you lose too much resilience, I've used it in a few situations (other ppl more likely to be trained, etc) before.

Charging the titanic powers is really just luck based. It ranges from staying at 0 titanic powers forever because youre getting chain cc/ed or kited to getting a few lucky crits and building it to 5 within 15 seconds. The timer on the stacks is pretty long at 30 seconds, so its not THAT easy to fall off. Most of the time, if i can maintain some uptime on a target, it builds up reasonably quickly to 3+ i'd say.

Also, do realize that you CAN pop AoK with other on use trinkets. Depending on what you stack for pvp, thats potentially 2580 mastery/2580 crit for 15 seconds along with 2029 str from badge of victory + wings + goak + zealotry, etc when you pop all your CDs. In the mastery case, you get a 30% boost to a holy dmg strike that procs on most of your attacks, in the crit case, you get like a mini recklessness without the downside. Actually might try using it more now because it sounds pretty good haha.
    Actually activating apperatus for the 2.5k rating bonus makes you unable to activate any other trinkets for 30seconds or whatever it is.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Actually activating apperatus for the 2.5k rating bonus makes you unable to activate any other trinkets for 30seconds or whatever it is.
    You can use it alongside Badge of Victory. http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6623/nnnbgh.jpg

Also, I find it a tad too RNGy in certain situations, but delicious in others. It's a fun trinket, the way you can line it up to increase your burst capabilities even further is just crazy. I'd say go for it, might as well play around with it.
    Last edited by rubyloc; 2011-08-05 at 04:38 AM.

Its hard to stack to 5 in pvp, let alone not have them fall off. In pve its a very potent trinket, but it demands high uptime on target and some much needed raidbuffs to boost your crit chance. And the 4p T12 set only makes it more potent in pve as your virtually guarenteed a full stack before you get to the point of using it.

You could easily spend 10 minutes or more trying to get stacks of this thing without having them fall off. Not worth it.

I'd say go with proc pvp trinket and on-use pvp trinket if you are human, and with on-use one tied to wings if you are of any other subpar to human race.

imo any other choice is denied for paladins when it comes to trinkets.
    On use one adds 2+k strength, which is roughly equal to 4200+ ap.
    it is frocking HUUUGE boost to wings, haels, and what have ya.

Don't use the AoK in PVP. If you're a human and really want to use a non-resilience trinket, use the vessel of acceleration or dwyer's caber.

better off using the 2 of the 3 pvp trinkets depending on your race, however for bgs while I was still human I used the on use pvp trinket and H:HoR for some wings fun
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    I dont play ret alot, only for daily's and dungeons here and there.

But isnt good to pop wings, since the increase crit on HoW (?), and then pop the trinket + zealotry?

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    I dont play ret alot, only for daily's and dungeons here and there.

But isnt good to pop wings, since the increase crit on HoW (?), and then pop the trinket + zealotry?
    HoW does proc it if it crits. But with a 6sec cd you get to use 3 HoW at most during AW, and thats assuming you even get to use the full 20sec duration. Against any competent team you'll be locked out after your first HoW. So you gain 1 additional stack, if it even crits cause its not even guarenteed it will.

Judgement crits also proc AoK. But its to much trouble, and far to random, to build up a full stack with AoK.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    HoW does proc it if it crits. But with a 6sec cd you get to use 3 HoW at most during AW, and thats assuming you even get to use the full 20sec duration. Against any competent team you'll be locked out after your first HoW. So you gain 1 additional stack, if it even crits cause its not even guarenteed it will.

Judgement crits also proc AoK. But its to much trouble, and far to random, to build up a full stack with AoK.
    4 HoW's to be correct.

being testing the AoK trinket in some dungeons it have a good benefits with Dwyer's Caber when it procs it
    this is the last result i have
    hope u dont mind posting the link :
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/aoky.png/
    about pvp i think im going to try it