Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Looking for a game just as serious as WoW! (Towards End Game that Is)

I am looking for a serious game that I can sit down and play just as long as you could sit down and play WoW, I want a game that is not WoW, and not similar at all but has the same addiction towards it, but towards another game!

Please post any suggestions, and if you want to play with me that would be great as well!

Minecraft is the game that you need

10+ Year Old Account
    League of Legends perhaps.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

Lookin for a mmorpg, not really a strategy game. I really need something that I can get hooked on, and not just a "hot fix" for WoW, ya know? I want to replace that game, and move on. Its a waste of money and it it repetitive.

There is not a wow 2

Deleted
    Battlestar Galactica Online if you like pvp grinding and doing daily quests.

I tried rift, all you do is battle rifts. It has no point, let along a good story line. There has to be a good game, that is just as addicting as WoW, but not anything similar too it. Also won't get repetitive and won't release the same content over and over again. This shit blows..

I found fallout 3 and new vegas to be my Wow step child.

Quote Originally Posted by Vileplague View Post
    Minecraft is the game that you need
    Minecraft, get it now while its still $15

Theres Guildwars 2 or Tera online. but they aren't released yet. I'm kinda waiting for those
    “Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.”

Can wait till SWTOR like quite a few of us are...

As for now though? Nothing really, as the bulk of them are WoW clones in a sense.

Diablo 3 needs to show up fast, so all the retired WoW players have a game to play. I think I might just buy a ps3 or 360 and move on

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you like shooters , i would surely suggest "Global Agenda" its a good third person shooter, with mmo elements, like a main city, AHs, banks, gear etc.
    I quit wow a few months ago and ive been playing this, so far i love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift.

The endgame scene is semi-competitive. As of now, Trion releases raid content faster than Blizzard, they've released 2 20 mans and 2 10 mans since launch in March, not counting various outdoor raid encounters. If you like raiding but would like to see another companies take on it, Rift is something to at least try. There are no hardmodes, not sure if thats a good or bad thing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ze4501 View Post
    I am looking for a serious game that I can sit down and play just as long as you could sit down and play WoW, I want a game that is not WoW, and not similar at all but has the same addiction towards it, but towards another game!

Please post any suggestions, and if you want to play with me that would be great as well!
    I would say play a filler game until SW:TOR releases in a few months, or until GW2 or TERA which should be released sometime next year. Don't know much about the other MMORPGS that can meet your expectations that are on the market right now. But there's LOTRO and AoC which are supposed to be free to play now.
    Last edited by Bane123; 2011-08-05 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    games r srs bznz

fact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ze4501 View Post
    I tried rift, all you do is battle rifts. It has no point, let along a good story line. There has to be a good game, that is just as addicting as WoW, but not anything similar too it. Also won't get repetitive and won't release the same content over and over again. This shit blows..
    If you want a non-repetitive MMO, with continous releases of brand new content that is not comparable to anything else in-game, AND a good story-line, I suggest WoW. It's the LEAST repetitive, has MOST new content six years down the line, and the story evolves continually.

Face it, in today's consumer-ruled market, you don't become the biggest if you don't have the best. Welcome to reality.
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2011-08-05 at 02:32 AM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

http://allods.gpotato.com/ Great game. It's also free! I recently started playing the game, and so far it has pleased me. Leveling is a tad bit slow, but once you get the hang of it, it's alright. This game also have longer quest texts that really tell the story. To add to that, it is more advanced than WoW currently is, in terms of talents and proffesions. I highly suggest it. Allods Online is great!

GW2 for sure , but im afraid u have to wait for it release. This game will be successful in the future imo