Thread: Tattoo

Tattoo

I'm thinking of getting a shoulder blade tattoo next pay check. Why the shoulder blade? No one can see it except when at the pool and that isn't a huge issue. Anyways, I was thinking of getting a tattoo that went something like this.

By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

I wanted to have this translated to danish and above each saying, have a picture representing the steps.

Any suggestions as to what would be a good pictures to represent these with out being to flashy but still be abstract or bizarre?

a tattoo of that with pictures of that size will be better if its bigger
    the noble part i can only think of the royal symbol of the danish monarchy maybe? since the danish have a queen right now

I hate how full back tattoos look and that does sound pretty good for a symbol.

Would you recommend any other places rather then a shoulder blade?

I recommend going to a tattoo studio (The one you want as a tattoo artist) and ask them for some ideas. Then they can make up a couple of examples and you can just pick one, usually they got some realy great ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Not sure bitterest is a word, fairly certain you can only use "most bitter", though as you're translating to Danish that won't matter.

For imitation you could have a mimer or maybe some kind of acting based symbol as these are imitations of life.

EDIT: there was a stupid spelling mistake I had to correct

Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    I hate how full back tattoos look and that does sound pretty good for a symbol.

Would you recommend any other places rather then a shoulder blade?
    well if i was going to get a big tattoo which had a lot of meanings to me speciall id go for the chest especially if its big.

that symbol came to my mind because i lived in denmark for a while and remembered that u guys had a king/queen

Make sure you get something that could be worked into other pieces. Tattoos are generally addicting.

Bitterest is a word I don't think it is used commonly though.

So far I'm thinking

Danish Monarchy symbol - Mimic octopus(Maybe a tribal of some sort to keep it small) - as for experience, I'm not 100% sure what would fit on this one lol.

Trien to figure out a way to make this all seem to meld together.

I'll drive to my tattoo shop to see what they can do for me.