H Beth'tilac 10m

Hello, my guild is going to begin working on H Beth 10 and I was seeking some tips before we dived into the wipefests. We've only pulled the boss 5 times on heroic, but from what we saw the healing was just to have reasonable mana going into P2 while keeping everyone alive. Our WoL for the night: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ggo2lc4y2h35fr82/
    In our defense, the normal Beth wipes for the night were all on purpose, we were attempting to do the legendary quest.

Our raid comp:
    Tanks- Pally, DK
    Healers- Pally, Priest,
    Shammy Dps- Boomkin, Rogue, Warrior, Afflic/Demo lock(Advice on which would also be appreciated), and a MM hunter
    This is our strict raid comp, sadly we have no frost DK or anything to switch in.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Without having killed her myself (we did our first couple of tries last night) i doubt this fight is doable with two healers. The raid damage seems far too high to heal with only one healer.
    I would gladly trade your Hunter for our second DK, though .

I have heard and seen couple videos of the spiderlings/broodlings being handled single handedly by a hunter spec'ed correctly (into Concussive Barrage, Rapid Killing, and some survival talents for extra trap help). Why are they good for this you may ask? Deterrence, Disengage, Feign Death, traps, Glyph of Raptor Strike, you name it, have him try it out. He may not be able to completely solo it, but with minimal help from others.

A hunter is optimal for the spiderlings. A frost dk also does reasonably well but has the problem of not being able to do anything if the drone fixates him.

We just killed this fight last night. It definitely was a lot easier then we were expecting after coming off some painful nights of Baleroc progression. As stupid as it sounds, the best advice I can give is for DPS and Heals not to panic during phase one and keep everything controlled. If you can make it to P2 with healers at decent mana, it's pretty much a win. On our 2nd time going into P2, we derped and had Beth'tilac eat a spiderling, bringing her to 88%, yet we still killed her without a problem.

Also, we used a hunter to handle broodlings; worked perfectly. We also had our ranged DPS on bottom to help out with Spiderlings.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    Without having killed her myself (we did our first couple of tries last night) i doubt this fight is doable with two healers. The raid damage seems far too high to heal with only one healer.
    I would gladly trade your Hunter for our second DK, though .
    We were actualy using 3 healers, WoL is most likely scewed because we only had one person logging it and he was always downstairs. We're using a shammy, disc priest, and a pally healer.

On a different note, we basically do have our hunter solo the spiderlings, but he often complained of broodlings messing up the spiderlings and/or the broodlings getting passed him because of the spiderlings requiring attention.

I'm mainly looking for help on ways to reduce raid damage, we setup a taunt rotation, having our hunter attempt to absorb all the broodlings, but it seems the raid damage is overall just too high.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    Raid damage will go down once people downstairs know where to place their dps. Drone tank healing is fairly light, provided the drones don't eat spiderlings and there's not 2 up for a long period of time. The broodling soaker(s) needs to make sure he moves out of the pool immediately, or healing him will be very intense. Basically you need to be already moving out when the broodling is about to hit.

Apart from the above, you mostly reduce raid damage by just dpsing fast and efficiently. Medium adds being up for too long will make healing much harder and cost tons of mana. Broodlings getting through into the raid means panic in the movement department and healing a spread raid is always more difficult and costly.

Essentially it's about getting comfortable with the mechanics and just execution.

I'm just wondering how many DPS are people keeping up top for this fight? 2 full time? or 2 until the first Smoldering Devastation? Or is there a % we should be looking to aim for going into P2?

2 tanks, 3 healers , 5 dd.
    1 dd upstairs, 1 dd(moonking>dk>hunter, can solo ads without problem even in 25 hm) on adds, 2-3 dd on mobs. If 2 of your dps can handle all the problems downstairs - send 2 up. But i doubt it. I can recomend you to send 2 or even 3 people upthere before the first aoe, and the keep there only one person for the second and the third.

Deleted
    On our firstkill, we had a arc mage going up, but only 2 times. The third time he stayed down to help out on dps. Though he managed to bring bethtilac down to 84% with just 2 times going up.

So I read people saying hunter can solo spiderling easily and I saw just that in a 25m stream but for some reason ours is just not having any success.

He was saying that the spiders were coming out in 2 groups where he'd get one with entrapment but the second half would go through thus never getting all of them stunned or bunched up. What would then happen is he'd kill half while the rest reached the raid at half health and the next group was already spawning.

For now we've modified our priorities a little, destroying spinners then aoe rush the spiderlings with range and finishing off the drone when all other spiders were down.
    At that point we're still handling everything fairly well. 2 dps were upstair for the first devastate and the drone would die just in time but I still feel we're not being as efficient for having that many people on spiderlings.
    (We're still working on phases right after devastate since it's only been a couple of tries, broodling reaching raid at that point, etc)

Any advices?

If you go with using your Boom to kill Spiderlings, it's WELL WORTH having him get his Mushroom buff up via killing Critters en-route to Beth, it adds 1 min or so to each pull prep time, but in my 10 man if the Boom doesn't prep his buff he does 18-20k DPS, with the buff he does 35k+ and solos the Spiderlings with ease.
    Our hunter goes on the broodlings and taunts any spinners down he can, SP also on Drones / Spinners.
    Prot pally downstairs taunting spinners and tanking drones, combat rogue on drones and downed spinners, Arc / Fire mage upstairs with paladin healer and Druid tank.
    Disc priest and Resto shaman downstairs raidhealing.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Estride View Post
    So I read people saying hunter can solo spiderling easily and I saw just that in a 25m stream but for some reason ours is just not having any success.

He was saying that the spiders were coming out in 2 groups where he'd get one with entrapment but the second half would go through thus never getting all of them stunned or bunched up. What would then happen is he'd kill half while the rest reached the raid at half health and the next group was already spawning.
    Well, from my experience your hunter is correct, you rarely get them all with one Entrapment but it doesn't matter as you should be specced into Concussive Barrage AND you start to nuke the adds as soon as they spawn. Also, does your hunter remember that you can chain two Entrapments (for a total of 8sec root) with Ice and SNake Trap.

Don't you have anyone with a knockback?

Quote Originally Posted by ekhie View Post
    Well, from my experience your hunter is correct, you rarely get them all with one Entrapment but it doesn't matter as you should be specced into Concussive Barrage AND you start to nuke the adds as soon as they spawn. Also, does your hunter remember that you can chain two Entrapments (for a total of 8sec root) with Ice and SNake Trap.

Don't you have anyone with a knockback?
    He does know but who knows, maybe he's not focusing into bursting enough.

Also 0 knockback, we got a demo lock, frost dk, marks hunter down with feral dps and arcane up. So that's why I said we had them all blow the adds down asap so they'd get on drone after instead cause it worked alright.

Spiderlings are EASY if you're a hunter with 1/4 a brain. Spec into concussive barrage and it's faceroll. The spiderlings DO spawn in 2 groups, 5 or so up fron and 3-4 behind that group, but if you hit the first group with 1 multi shot, they all sync up and it's hyper easy. If your hunter isn't confident enough, just have him throw an explosive trap as well, does wonders and chips off about 10-15% of their health fairly easily

How much health do the spiderlings have in heroic 10m? I will be doing this on my mm hunter soon.

116k, ~40k more than on regular.

If you often find yourself scrambling to see which side spawned the spiderlings, turn Track Beast on:].
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2011-08-07 at 05:48 PM.