Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks you should probably take it back,
    OR
    You could just burn it cause its a PoS

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Actually, what's stupid is that many schools still have mandatory attending to all classes. Which becomes silly when you force 10+ students to come to a class so they can stare at the ceiling while someone talks and/or berates them for not listening.
    Not in College. Well, some professors will drop you if you're absent during the first two weeks so they can make room for students wishing to add, but after that they really don't care.

Oh, and unless somebody here hunts/gathers and cooks their own food I can't say they're fit to lecture somebody else about spending too much money on something.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Not in College. Well, some professors will drop you if you're absent during the first two weeks so they can make room for students wishing to add, but after that they really don't care.
    I've been to a couple colleges and if you miss a minimum number of days you'll get booted and auto-fail, no matter how you were doing on classwork.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've been to a couple colleges and if you miss a minimum number of days you'll get booted and auto-fail, no matter how you were doing on classwork.
    Huh. Professors where you are must have too much time on their hands then, because it's not uncommon for people to stop showing up after two weeks here and reappear for the final. ((which is totally hilarious, because my university hasn't offered "challenging a class with the final" for like 10 years now))

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* macs *sigh* useless piece of metal ;_;

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-05 at 01:22 PM.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

We feel your pain !

Thank you Serendia!

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Professors where you are must have too much time on their hands then, because it's not uncommon for people to stop showing up after two weeks here and reappear for the final. ((which is totally hilarious, because my university hasn't offered "challenging a class with the final" for like 10 years now))
    It's not the professors themselves, to be honest. It's the school board. x_x I had one professor who told me he really didn't want me to get dropped from one class, however I had been absent too much, F.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    at "OP" , Gratz on your new toy . My wife use to play wow on my macbooks and yes thing work fine but the labtop will overheat at some point , best advice is to get your self a cooling pad before you burn your legs... or your labtop ... just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to make this statement so people remember....

Your opinion on Macs is yours and yours alone, if you are going to flame them then be ready for the consequences.

(Not saying I'm a mod, just helping folks to stand by the rules, many of us hate Macs with a deep deep passion, then some love them, some are indifferent, if you can't talk about them politely, don't post at all.)
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    Thats right! I bought me a swell piece of machinery and got it $200 off the regular price (got it for $999.99, it is only the 13" base model) and it runs WoW beautifully! Constant 30 FPS on "High" settings in Stormwind with a good number of addons! Not an ounce of lag or latency in my raids. To those who say "Only 30 FPS! That blows!" Blow it out your ass! The human eye can't even perceive above 30, so why do you need 60 FPS?

If you are thinking of purchasing one, but are afraid of how WoW will run, fear not!
    You know how I know you're gay...

I built a computer for $600 and I get 60 fps wherever I go in the game. Continue stroking and sucking Apple's dick.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-05 at 01:23 PM.

Oh, and unless somebody here hunts/gathers and cooks their own food I can't say they're fit to lecture somebody else about spending too much money on something.
    Up until college, however... >>

How would a party school be a party school if classes were mandatory?

I would never recommend buying any laptop for gaming. That MacBook might seem shiny now, but a few years down the road it won't be able to play the newest games. Especially if the newest games aren't optimized (cough Dragon Ages Origins cough).

10+ Year Old Account
    The FPS might seem good now. But just wait til you grow tired of the 13'' screen and start using an external monitor. Like me with my external 22'' monitor for my macbook pro. FPS down the drain if you don't lower the settings and resolution.

Deleted
    Good for you OP. I like the HW of MacBooks - chassis, ports, the charging magnet cable thingie etc.. The components themselves are the same as in regular laptops, the software is retarded (though many people install Windows on MacBooks). And the price of a MacBook... Haha . Especially in my country.

For a price of MacBook Pro 13" I could get two 13" nonApple laptops with the same HW and battery life.

Also the 13" is a great choice if you are dragging it around a lot. It's so much lighter than 15 inch...

Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    Thats right! I bought me a swell piece of machinery and got it $200 off the regular price (got it for $999.99, it is only the 13" base model) and it runs WoW beautifully! Constant 30 FPS on "High" settings in Stormwind with a good number of addons! Not an ounce of lag or latency in my raids. To those who say "Only 30 FPS! That blows!" Blow it out your ass! The human eye can't even perceive above 30, so why do you need 60 FPS?

If you are thinking of purchasing one, but are afraid of how WoW will run, fear not!

Gratz. I built a PC several months ago for $700 that included a 21" screen. It runs WoW on Ultra settings at 60-80 FPS typically in Org. *add* also that's running 60-80 FPS while I have a 2nd 21" connected that may or may not be running video (ie. Netflix, Hulu, etc)

While I'm not going to say "Only 30 FPS! That blows!", so I don't have to blow anything about of any of my various holes... I would recommend lowering the settings until you can get closer to 60 FPS. There's a reason LCD monitors refresh at 60 Hz and not 30. just saying...and you can blow that out of wherever you want to.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2011-08-05 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Guys you can't compare MacBooks with desktop PCs... If anything compare it with regular laptops and as you know the GPUs suck in laptops/MacBooks.

And yea, desktop is better for gaming, I know, I play on one too. But when you're UNI student who travels a lot, what u gonna do...

I wasn't comparing. I was just letting the OP know what I did. I thought this was a brag thread. If I was comparing, I would have done what the guy above me did and mention that I could get 30 FPS on a 13" windows laptop for half the price.

*edit* haha, just realized you ARE the guy above me. So yeah, if I was comparing I would have done what you did. =)

Deleted
    Since nothing constructive is happening here, locking it.