Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rybzor View Post
    This is not the solution. What kind of improve do u expect from sitting on dummies as a arcane mage? Spamming arcane blast with more grace? There is no rotation u could do better by spending hours on dummies. U need to improve ur game style during the battle, find urself in certain situations, use ur cooldowns and skills with thinking, using every sec of the fight in the way which should give u max dmg, count every global cooldown, etc... etc...

At start, try to download some addon that should track ur cooldowns and pop up info clearly on the screen. Im personally using tellmewhen. Then, try to understand the encounter, depends on which one is it, when u should pop up specific cooldown to generate as much additional dps as possible. Before u do that, try to find out which skill should do max dmg on the mob of this kind. For example, Lord~ in 10m, should u use ur cooldowns on big add and nuke it asap with AB? Or on legs? Maybe small adds? Or wait to 2nd phase? Answer: before small adds pop-up, stack ur abx4, then use CDs like arcane power and trinkets, then nuke with explosion. And always remember to refresh ur 4x AB stack. That is just an example, every fight and every kind of mob has their own rules.

DO NOT FUCKING SIT ON DUMMY AS A ARCANE MAGE. NEVER. (except ur testing some procs, trinkets or elixir bonus)

Jeez, bosses arent immune to slow debuff, that's the whole fucking point. It's what for is that talent. Otherwise, why did u put 3 points in useless torment if ull never recive 6% dmg bonus? Just try to logical thinking.
    Apparently, you only read the 1st half of my post. I said I needed to go back to Firelands. Sorry if I wasn't clear?
    And I do have tellmewhen, it's an amazing addon.
    Bosses are immune to slow debuff, that's why they don't move slower or cast slower if I put slow on them. My question was, even if they're immune to that, if I put slow on the boss, would Torment of the Weak work? Otherwise, it'd be good for say adds on boss fights. What's with all the hate, seriously.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nanessa View Post
    Not one of the things said here are game breaking and not one of them will get your dps up. minor spec changes, enchs and so on all of that is trivial and you wont see a big change in your dmg/dps. It is something you are doing wrong, either not using right rotation/ prio system, not using keybinds , but it is your game play that is a problem for sure. Nobody cant really help you, you need to learn alone i guess.
    Your dps is indeed low for your gear, on Baleroc you used pom only once on a 6 minutes fight, why? You never used any pots. You need to use all your cds, you need pots , all those things are huge dps gain. Get cooline (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-CoolLine.html) or some cd tracking addon, keybind everything and practice.
    And for trinkets do not get Baleroc trinket it is useless for arcane mage, you dont have dots. From firelands only trinket worth getting for arcane mage is one from rag, since it scales with mastery. Other one well if you dont want to go back to tier 11 get moonwell thing.
    Make some macros for your cds as well.
    I do agree I am doing something TERRIBLY wrong. I have like a million keybinds lol. But yeah thanks for pointing out that Baleroc fight. Also, I did not know that Baleroc trinket procced from dots >_< should've read more carefully.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dyssiexd View Post
    Gems:
    Shoulders: 40int
    Chest: 2x 40int

Enchants:
    Hands: +65 mastery
    Feet: +50 hit (screw all of you saying you need that runspeed 'cuz you actually don't. You're a mage and if you have to run longer distances you just blink and on shorter distances it's not worth it)

Spec: Leave out that stupid Improved Arcane Explosion, the only fight you might need it is Lord Rhyolith. Instead you spec into Fire Power 2/3 and Nether Vortex is pointless aswell (eventually good for Alysrazor when you're DPSing the adds on the ground and noone else provides a movement/attack speed slow on the mob.) and spec into Improved Blink 2/2 instead.

Logs:
    Only checked Baleroc as that's the best fight to do so imho.
    First of all, ask your hunter to get that dragonhawk pet which provides +8% spelldmg debuff on the boss.
    Buff Focus Magic to someone who actually provides you some uptime
    "Focus Magic 1 10.0 2.9 % #" 10seconds uptime isn't much for a nearly 6min fight.
    Don't forget to use presence of mind as you barely ever used it on Baleroc.
    Why did you invis? There is no point in doing so, unless your Tank dies and you have to kite the Boss a bit till a combat rez. Just pull your mirror images like 3sec before the pull and you can burst as much as you want on the boss - also make sure the tank actually taunts the boss like 3sec before mirror images wear off. Ah and before someone asks - you don't lose any damage by casting mirror images prepull as they go oom anyway and don't do anything for like 5sec.
    Start using volcanic potions prepull and on a burn phase with heroism/bloodlust/time warp up.

Sidenot:
    Don't use mage ward unless you have to move/can't DPS for a duration of at least 1GCD.

If you want more "help" then please PM me how you handle your burn and conservation phases please.
    Oh my, thanks for all that info. I definitely will pm you if I have more questions.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    I have Prismatic Cloak - just would rather the tank not have a heart attack, so I pop it BEFORE I lose MI. It's a preference thing - nothing more. I tend to pull threat only once before I play nicely with my tank.
    Yeah, Spleen and I are in the same situation. At the start of the fight, I'll spam AB as much as I can before pulling threat, then pop MI. I don't remember if my threat was dangerously high that attempt, but I'll check threat meters more to see if I actually do need invis.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Since I'm such a nice guy I decided to sim your character for you

Lol, thanks, but why is it favoring crit over mastery and haste??

If it's favoring crit, it's possible you have mana regen issues and it's banking on A) Higher damage throughput through crits and B) greater mana return through talents.

I haven't looked at your gear since others commented on it, but that's at least A possibility.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

If it's favoring crit, it's possible you have mana regen issues and it's banking on A) Higher damage throughput through crits and B) greater mana return through talents.

I haven't looked at your gear since others commented on it, but that's at least A possibility.
    Hmm I'm not sure if I should actually be having trouble with mana regen lol, being an Arcane mage and all.

My sim did the same thing babo, SIM'n my own toon....

I accidentally simmed my guy with my set reforged to crit / haste for fire and somehow sim'd 400dps higher.... weird.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shizqt View Post
    My sim did the same thing babo, SIM'n my own toon....

I accidentally simmed my guy with my set reforged to crit / haste for fire and somehow sim'd 400dps higher.... weird.....
    Lol actually, I didn't do the sim, bizzy did. But nonetheless, your situation is weird, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maak View Post
    This is completely wrong. His gemming is fine, since the sockets are blue and yellow, which means he would be loosing 20 int to 20 hit and 20 haste/mastery if he was gemming orange/purple.
    Int is worth four times as much as haste/mastery, hit is about .60 int. So that 20 hit is equivalent to 12 int. And that 20 mastery/crit/haste is about 5 int. Is trading 20 int for 17 int worth it?

Deleted
    He's taunting him again in your case - and my MT would do the same, but I feel some responsibility when I have something which drops my threat.

If you have a rogue up top and you're down? You're going to have time between spinners to pop spiderlings. Saying there's value in a fight doesn't require a particular strat (other than not staying up top during devastation casts). There are going to be spiderlings which need popping at various points.

Besides, it is possible to have BS AND Imp AE. Though obviously you're choosing to not carry IA...

Blanket statements are dangerous - not every group has your group's comp or strat.

YMMV SPSFD
    I feel some responsibility aswell, and in that case on Baleroc it is pulling as much damage as I can, threat is the tanks job in this case. It costs the tank nothing to taunt - not even a single GCD whereas it costs you some dmg. Meaning it is more beneficial for the raid if you keep DPSing the boss as hard as you can and the tank taunts the boss.
    Also if you have too much damage downstairs, meaning nothing to DPS except of the spiderlings which should be soloed by 1 player then you should rather send 2 DPS up top.
    I choose not to carry IA? Who says that? Also who's talking about burning soul? Not me for sure.

Going back through the rest of the thread, you'll see the references top BS and AE. It was the generic "you" - not you specifically.

If you grab both BS and AE you don't typically have IA.

min/max is min/max, and that may work for your raid group, but I have a tank who pushes threat reduction back on DPS since we do have talents which permit us to drop threat.

Your Mileage May Vary
    See Participating Stores For Details

(YMMV SPSFD - there's a reason I put that when I do - blanket statements ARE dangerous to make)
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Actually! @Dyssiexd and @Spleen. I fought Ragnaros yesterday, and I tried hitting Mirror Image>Prepot>Burn phase and it worked perfectly! Didn't need to use Invis. It was kinda close though. My threat level was at 97%, but either way it worked! But I agree, it does depend on the group. Some tanks might not have as much threat in the beginning as others. My raid's warrior tank definitely does less threat than the paladin tank in the beginning. Anyways, thank you everyone! My dps went up to 22,940ish from last week's 18k. >:3 The guy logging forgot to turn on logs though, but trust me lol. Why would I lie? >_>

A pre-pot burn is absolutely a large DPS increase.

However, I've done that all of 3 times in the past few weeks because my RL is MT and after he let me pull Baleroc off him, I realized that dying = no more pew pew... :P

Yeah, part onus on DPS, part on tank, but really, it comes down to min/max or not. I'll be pre-potting on our Rag pulls, and I'm sure threat will again become an issue, but since I'm going to be doing traps, my DPS will be suffering enough that I want to make it up when and where I can.
    Worst Mage EVAR!