Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with everyone who said that it doesn't work for raiding guilds. Also, I feel that it has made it even harder to get people to understand why we might want an application on a website filled out. While we are 100% ok with declining anyone who can't be bothered to see what we're about on our site and fill out a 3 minute application, since it's launch I definitely have gotten more "I won't go out of game to app to a guild" statements than in years/months past.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotls View Post
    It has potential for sure. As a guild leader, I would prefer if it gave some sort of notification when someone applies using it, because otherwise I never think to check it.
    yea, i often forget, but i have good officers who remember to check it for me then shout at me to let me know they applied

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argothea View Post
    I agree with everyone who said that it doesn't work for raiding guilds. Also, I feel that it has made it even harder to get people to understand why we might want an application on a website filled out. While we are 100% ok with declining anyone who can't be bothered to see what we're about on our site and fill out a 3 minute application, since it's launch I definitely have gotten more "I won't go out of game to app to a guild" statements than in years/months past.
    our guild website is an important part of the social aspect of the game, if people dont want to visit it, they'll miss out on LOADS of useful guild info, opportunities and somewhere to express opinions on loot/raid groups/legendarys/tactics etc. a lot of my guild work 9-5 so will use the forum to converse about WoW during the day, anyone who refuses to use it, is missing out on a large part of what my guild is about and if they dont care to venture onto our website, i dont care to invite them to our guild
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-08-05 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    I've found it has boosted the number of people requesting to join the guild I'm in and we've had a fair number of people join and make it past the probationer stage.

Though we tend to straight decline any application that hasn't type some text in why they want to join. We also suggest they read our guild rules on our website and tend to get people who haven't to go read them as it saves alot of typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Argothea View Post
    To which i would reply:
    "I'm sorry to hear that. good luck in your hunt for a guild."

Frankly. big guilds have different reasons for doing so.
    some want to expose their website (where they would post the strats they use.
    some what a record of who's applied. i've had to app to a guild i was already in, just because they wanted a thing saying "this is how i play, what i've played, and with who"

If you can't meet that requirement, It shows that you can't follow instructions a raid leader gives, and are too scared of your web-browser to look up strats and how to play your class.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've found a few good people through it but we use it also to point people to our guild website. We have a fairly simple application/registration process so I like to use that to filter out the lazy and illiterate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I've seen a lot of success in it. In my old guild I invited a good 20 people into the guild through it. I also got into a guild on an alt by using it.

No, it's there but it's so clunky and inefficient that nobody uses it.

No, it will not be used until guilds are sorted by progression, or if they don't raid, social.

Having to sort through 150 guilds whose recruitment hinges on "2 TABS AND A TABARD", isn't effective.