holy priest pvp viable?

just wondering gladiator all seasons in tbc hopped into a bg last night holy pve and was taring it up..is it a viable spec for pvp?

Deleted
    For Bgs, sure. For arena, better to be disc. At least, that's the general consensus. :P

Deleted
    I've never seen a Holy Priest at anything above 1.7k MMR so no, it isn't.

Pretty much agreed with Cephius. You can rock the healing charts in a BG if you want to, and you can even escape pretty well (lots of instant casts, fast bubble, HoTs rolling). But, if you're 1-on-1 with a hard-hitting melee class, myeh, you'll be in the graveyard quick.

It really depends on what you consider to be viable. IF your goal is simply to get around 2k arena rating...then sure why not. 2200? Eh, maybe. 2400? hmmm...unlikely. Any higher than that/Gladiator, not a chance.

I actually knew a team on my server who reached 2200+ in 5's with a holy priest cleave comp since it was mostly
    just lol burst you down they had GS for the focused target. This was in Wrath though so I doubt it still works, it was
    also pretty good for the massive amount of group healing they could dish out by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuze View Post
    I've never seen a Holy Priest at anything above 1.7k MMR so no, it isn't.
    eh, i played against at least one at 2400 last season... It was a KFC team though, and i don't think that counts.

Deleted
    No. It's not viable, you get trained into the ground. The 30% healing doesn't really help when you can't really hard cast from being trained. People that say it works in battleground mean random battleground where everything is viable, because people generally suck so badly that they won't train you.

If you are in doubt if holy is viable for PvP, you are not viable for pvp.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Great Post

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Pretty much agreed with Cephius. You can rock the healing charts in a BG if you want to, and you can even escape pretty well (lots of instant casts, fast bubble, HoTs rolling). But, if you're 1-on-1 with a hard-hitting melee class, myeh, you'll be in the graveyard quick.
    Great post. Searched everywhere until I found your comment. Thanks

Holypriests are great in battlegrounds. And mana is never a concern, since the spirit healer resses you with full mana.